Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VI: Hunt for the Wild Card is on

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Is he serious? He will not be even remotely close to 2018. And I doubt he tops 2016. With that take, Jared can start working for NESN.

Good for Mookie. The one thing I am still bitter about is that they didn't trade him one year sooner if they knew he wasn't going to sign. The return would have been astronomical.

1. I think Casas will unfortunately get even worse as his body fills out and as he ages. It's a pretty bad combo with Devers at 3B. Fortunately, he may very well be pretty great on offense, so there's that.

2. That's a legit argument, nobody has the time or capacity to see so many prospects, especially on a regular basis. A lot can change within a few months or a year. But then they should sometimes take a step back instead of trying to make it sound like they know it all.

3. I don't put too much stock into the prospects rankings as I once did. But obviously it's great to see them hyping our prospects once again. Even if they are not all that great, it leads to more currency to work with.

Youkilis is the worst in terms of intel and voice. But Wakefield and WMB ain't much better. NESN really has long ways to go.
I listen to the Sox Prospects guys Podcasts and they lean negative and the just don’t have the time to see to many of these players (how can they and don’t they have other jobs ? )

Also they seem to rely heavy on a batters swing chase % outside strike zone

That usually predicts success but obviously it’s not Gospel

Fangraphs is where I go for info and I’d rate them my favorites

Goodbye Chang! What a walk-off by Pablo. Seriously, nice find by Bloom and co.
Sox get Story back

Need a 11-4-ish run here

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
So what’s the over/under on the number of starts Sale makes before he’s back on the IL?

I’ll set the line at 3.5
I'll guess it will be his 4th start somewhere around Sept. 5th @ Rays and he'll be in the process of getting shelled and be pulled for an unknown reason at the time only to find out later it was. . . (Fill in the blank)

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm gonna go completely off the rails here and say Sale STAYS healthy once he comes back.

I'm feeling feisty tonight.
tumblr_npc1zpVCel1rw0ifto1_400.gif

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Haha. Have you punched the Debrusk pillow yet?

Hey! What me and my DeBrusk body pillow do or don't do is a private matter thank you very much! :laugh:

On the real though. I think I'm going to think positive thoughts about Sale. Otherwise I'm just in an emotional abusive relationship with this Red Sox team and that's just not fun.

• Haha
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Hey! What me and my DeBrusk body pillow do or don't do is a private matter thank you very much! :laugh:

On the real though. I think I'm going to think positive thoughts about Sale. Otherwise I'm just in an emotional abusive relationship with this Red Sox team and that's just not fun.
I've been in one with the Bruins for 49 years now.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So Winck doesn’t have it tonight. Can’t say I loved pulling Bello with 2 outs in the bottom 6 with a 2-0 lead. Yea, 99 pitches but would have liked to see him work out of it.

Instead it’s 2-2.

It was the bottom of the 7th. Bello throwing the rosin bag at a teammate (did I really see that?) may have been a factor. Cora seemed to have a few words for Bello before he left the mound when he took him out.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Did Reyes save his big league job last night?

Its August, but I'm still surprised every time Wong gets a hit.

Sox strikeout 13 times. Hitters going for the downs now that they have cashed it in? More likely they just are not very good.

Royals throwing a right-hander with a 5.10 ERA tonight. Can the Sox put up a big number tonight? No more Duvall, please.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bello was joking around with Reyes w the rosin bag right after making that play covering 1st, they were clearly just having fun. I’m sure Pablo said some funny shit about how awkward it looked. The only factor in the pitching change was that Bello had thrown a bunch of pitches and had just allowed a laser and now there was a man in scoring position

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bello was joking around with Reyes w the rosin bag right after making that play covering 1st, they were clearly just having fun. I’m sure Pablo said some funny shit about how awkward it looked. The only factor in the pitching change was that Bello had thrown a bunch of pitches and had just allowed a laser and now there was a man in scoring position

Just wanted Bello to work himself out but I get pulling him. Being selfish more than anything.

Reactions: CDJ

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Did Reyes save his big league job last night?

Its August, but I'm still surprised every time Wong gets a hit.

Sox strikeout 13 times. Hitters going for the downs now that they have cashed it in? More likely they just are not very good.

Royals throwing a right-hander with a 5.10 ERA tonight. Can the Sox put up a big number tonight? No more Duvall, please.
Reyes has been fine. He has almost zero power and zero ceiling but has been fine.
I agree about wong, he works at it, but I call him the human strikeout.
Unfortunately I think they have cashed it in. They have Turner and a couple of others who usually work at bats, but did not last night.
I doubt they can put up big numbers since they are all going their own way.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

As much as I hate the Yankees, this might be the second funniest thing all season (other than Tim Anderson getting BTFO'd). Besides, Laz Diaz deserves it.

Ehhhh too much of this from Boone though. Guy cries about everything that doesn't go his way. Always bitching about balls and strikes.

Another year the Rays don't win a WS. A shame really!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad