Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VI: Hunt for the Wild Card is on

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

It’s more like 1.8/1.9 because a 1.72 would be the fastest ever, but still quite impressive. Shows off the athleticism and the arm.

He went 3-5 in his High A debut

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Pop-time?

It's rough being an old school sports fan these days.

Here here, I got lost with WAR and launch angle, and perhaps OPS(I grew up when Pete Rose was on the cover of Time, when that meant something). I didn't even know Kyle Teel was a Red Sox catcher, this from a guy who can distinguish A.J. Greer from Jakub Lauko. Shank would put a hit squad on me.

TIME Magazine Cover: Pete Rose - Aug. 19, 1985 - Pete Rose ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
What a joke this recent stretch has been. If the DL was today, Bloom would be selling (11% chance according to fangraphs). I am disappointed that he didn't have the courage to do so last week (unless he was forced by ownership which I am not going to rule out).

Deadline acquisitions change pretty much nothing. Recent examples are the Angels (it rightfully backfires, Giolito sucks and they have failed for so many years to field a winning team with two generational players on decent contracts (!)) and Mariners, who are on completely different trajectories despite entirely different DL-approaches. The Astros were always going to make a run even without Verlander, because they have gotten some key players back.

Next year counts, if Bloom fields another average team with half the fielders being DHs and running the bases like zombies then he should be canned quickly. This is his last chance, the good farm development has saved him for now.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It's a bobblehead. Why waste it? People like memorabilia.

Of all the things we can get angry or frustrated about, getting mad about a planned bobblehead night isn't one of them.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kikè got Turner and Kenley here, he also had the 2021 playoff run. I don’t see a problem with doing his bobblehead night if they’re already made

I personally would’ve picked a better player but that’s just me

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Kikè got Turner and Kenley here, he also had the 2021 playoff run. I don’t see a problem with doing his bobblehead night if they’re already made

I personally would’ve picked a better player but that’s just me
Apparently it was a fan vote to select which players would get bobbleheads this year and Kike was one of the winners.

This happens all the time on official team calendars where the guy they traded in March is on the picture for the month of April, etc.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Apparently it was a fan vote to select which players would get bobbleheads this year and Kike was one of the winners.

This happens all the time on official team calendars where the guy they traded in March is on the picture for the month of April, etc.
I didn’t even realize that, it makes it even more ridiculous if there is fan blowback lol

Reactions: EverettMike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad