Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VI: Hunt for the Wild Card is on

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
How would this organization look if Chaim pulled the trigger on selling at the deadline each of the last two years? The middling approach hasn't helped further things along.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
How would this organization look if Chaim pulled the trigger on selling at the deadline each of the last two years? The middling approach hasn't helped further things along.
I just wished he did something. He could sell with the intention of improving next year while also taking on someone who can help this year.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
A win is a win. Blue Jays lose again. Gotta keep it up.

Screenshot_20230723_231042_Twitter.jpg

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Checking the standing on the ESPN site and noticed something - Tampa Bay's run differential ( + 144 ) is almost equal to the rest of the division: Baltimore ( + 69 ), Toronto ( + 57 ), Boston ( + 27 ) and the Yankee$$$$ ( - 1 ). I know that it's not really an important stat but those numbers do jump out.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
So I think we see Teel in Portland before the season ends. 2 3-hit games since being brought up to High-A. He is already better than what Portland has imo. Crazy what the Red Sox team can be in 2-3 years. They definitely need more pitching prospects to tandem up with Bello.

Reactions: CDJ and EverettMike

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
With all the talk suddenly about prospects, is it safe to say most posters here have cashed it in on this season when the team is only 4 games out?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
With all the talk suddenly about prospects, is it safe to say most posters here have cashed it in on this season when the team is only 4 games out?

Not me. Tough path, but not impossible. And they're so gosh dang streaky it wouldn't shock me if they rolled off 10 in a row (even if I wouldn't bet on another streak happening).

Just hoping for meaningful baseball games the rest of the way.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I don't know if "cashed it in" is the right expression.

I'm still watching, but I'm watching with the knowledge that they're down to a 13.8% chance to make the playoffs.

I think most Sox fans know the score, and I can't blame them for keeping one eye on the farm at this point.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Not me. Tough path, but not impossible. And they're so gosh dang streaky it wouldn't shock me if they rolled off 10 in a row (even if I wouldn't bet on another streak happening).

Just hoping for meaningful baseball games the rest of the way.
Toronto just optioned Monoah back to Buffalo.

Not like they’ve been overly consistent this season either, despite their elite talent.

Reactions: EverettMike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad