Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
People questioning Krejci's production (especially in playoffs) is insulting.

With a $1 mil cap hit, he scored at 0.8 ppg last season.

That is #1 among all UFAs from this summer. Ahead of Kane, Duchene, O'Reilly, Tarasenko.

I doubt he is coming back. But if he wants to, he is their best player at the position. This team has no draft picks in rounds 1 2 and 3, so they have no choice but to compete.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
ok, so let's accept that Krejci is still an effective top 6 centre. And that he wants to play (at least) another season.

Why does he come back to the Bruins?

Reactions: G Backup

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

That is #1 among all UFAs from this summer. Ahead of Kane, Duchene, O'Reilly, Tarasenko.

I doubt he is coming back. But if he wants to, he is their best player at the position. This team has no draft picks in rounds 1 2 and 3, so they have no choice but to compete.
It's almost like some people take it on as a personal challenge to cut away at the most plainly obvious good things about this club and its players.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
ok, so let's accept that Krejci is still an effective top 6 centre. And that he wants to play (at least) another season.

Only 3 reasons I've got

1) money
2) being there when Bergy isn't there, maybe even wear the C if he asks for it? (I dunno that he would tbh)
3) Doesn't want to go out on that note

But Imho he'd have already done it by now. I think he's going to retire in 2 weeks now.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
With Bergeron retired its sad to look back at how he had Marchand/Bergeron/Pasta locked up on those mint contracts and wasn't able to build a cup winner behind them.

They did get to G7 in 2019 but how he chose to spend that money that those 3 left on the table is depressing to look back on.
Let's be reasonable, 37,88 and 63 were the reason they lost in 2019. So they can look in the mirror instead of moaning about Sweeney.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Wouldn’t it be the opposite viewpoint that he has expressed thus far about only wanting to play
for the Bruins? I realize the upcoming season doesn’t look promising but not sure contending teams would necessarily want Krejci in their top 6 .

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The LD signings I agree with you but Coyle was signed before Covid. Do you really think Coyle's contract would be an issue with no pandemic? Come on man use
your head.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Chaos is good for the B’s right now from the core group up to the owners. Losing Bergy is going to expose so many holes in a lot of games during the long haul of a season. To be fair they have all earned it at this point, let’s see what they are made of.

Well they have the one pick they desperately need if they suck enough to be a bottom team.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Some believe Coyle can't be a 2nd line center, they believe it was tested already and it didn't work. My perspective is different. Didn't think he was given much of a chance (2/3 weeks?), and believe the switch of Haula and Coyle was to make Haula more useful, and they knew Coyle could carry the 3rd line, where Haula could not.

Zacha played mostly wing, but from my view he looked good at center the times he was there.

Offensively, Zacha and Coyle shouldn't be too far or could equal the production Bergeron and Krejci provided last year. Defensively, Bergeron can not be replaced, but Coyle is not a problem defensively, and Zacha looks like he's got potential for a good two way game.

Charlie Coyle has as much chance of being a good top 2 center in the NHL as the Congressional hearings on UFO's tomorrow does of starting off with a chorus line of aliens dancing like the Rockettes. He is 31 and has scored over 50 points once in his career and in 11 post seasons has one that he was a plus player.

The only good part of Coyle being a top 2 center is it should get Sweeney fired.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So Lonnie, can you point me towards the 1C or 2C out there that we somehow missed out on getting over the past 3 years??? Eichel, maybe?

...and please don't say Matthew Barzal.
You're missing the point my friend. The time to replace DK and PB wasn't within the last 3 years. It was 5-6 years ago. And had they started working on it then, they'd be in a far better situation now. I mean seriously, PB is 38. DK is 37. You're suggesting the team shouldn't have been looking for replacements when they were 35 and 34 respectively. That's insane. Once they were in their early 30s there should have been a plan. And no, Freddy and Beecher are not a suitable plan given neither is suited for a top 6 role.

Charlie Coyle has as much chance of being a good top 2 center in the NHL as the Congressional hearings on UFO's tomorrow does of starting off with a chorus line of aliens dancing like the Rockettes. He is 31 and has scored over 50 points once in his career and in 11 post seasons has one that he was a plus player.

The only good part of Coyle being a top 2 center is it should get Sweeney fired.
He already failed to be a second line center and was demoted in favor of Erik Haula. Says pretty much everything you need to know.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Not enough. Centers are key. Cant win and I'm the most optimistic here.
Nah, your the most manic here my man. Though you may also be the most resilient because when you are negative, it generally only lasts 2.3 seconds or until the next post before you are back on track. Keep bringing it bud; this is what sport is about. Maybe we hang in there and Krejci returns in December. Maybe we do that and find a center for the future at the deadline. Hell, maybe a kid steps up like Merkulov/Poitras. I can't wait to see and I know you'll be full-on cheering by my side my man.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

So whould we read into who is and isn't in this video at all? They only included guys that are still currently under contract with the bruins, like you have to think guys like Hall, Foligno, and Clifton filmed ones and were cut once they ended up on different teams. And the only lineup regular from last season that's still under contract with the bruins, and that isn't in the video, is forbort.

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
You're missing the point my friend. The time to replace DK and PB wasn't within the last 3 years. It was 5-6 years ago. And had they started working on it then, they'd be in a far better situation now. I mean seriously, PB is 38. DK is 37. You're suggesting the team shouldn't have been looking for replacements when they were 35 and 34 respectively. That's insane. Once they were in their early 30s there should have been a plan. And no, Freddy and Beecher are not a suitable plan given neither is suited for a top 6 role.

He already failed to be a second line center and was demoted in favor of Erik Haula. Says pretty much everything you need to know.
He wasn't demoted in favor of Haula. Haula's play before the switch was way worse than Coyle's. Go back and look at it.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Are you drunk or trolling? I seriously can't tell. Krejci wasn't effective at all for the Bruins. ZACHA AND PASTRNAK were effective for the Bruins. Krejci? No.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Not convinced the Bruin's will be a bad team next year with Bergeron retiring. Thought the center's were the last reason the B's were a record breaking team. Their goaltending, defense, and winger depth were the superior reason's they won. Bergeron is an amazing all round player, Krejci is also not bad himself overall, but these are old players way past their prime as good as they still were last season. They were in a perfect role for only having to provide a steady game and had the support to play to their strengths, not having to carry their lines. Best situation for aging vets.

Replacing a 37 year old Bergeron and 36 year old Krejci (not retired yet), don't think will be the hardest part of next season. And playoff wise, these guys were injured, and didn't play well in the games they did play (Krejci game 7 was good).

Some believe Coyle can't be a 2nd line center, they believe it was tested already and it didn't work. My perspective is different. Didn't think he was given much of a chance (2/3 weeks?), and believe the switch of Haula and Coyle was to make Haula more useful, and they knew Coyle could carry the 3rd line, where Haula could not.

Zacha played mostly wing, but from my view he looked good at center the times he was there.

Offensively, Zacha and Coyle shouldn't be too far or could equal the production Bergeron and Krejci provided last year. Defensively, Bergeron can not be replaced, but Coyle is not a problem defensively, and Zacha looks like he's got potential for a good two way game.

More of a problem on this Bruin's is moving Zacha from wing to center, and losing Hall, that's two good wingers gone, and replaced with JVR. That's the downgrade if you ask me. And it's a big one. Geekie replacing Coyle is quite the question too, though Geekie is a good gamble. After that, the team is generally the same. With many players in, or entering the prime of their careers.

The Bruin's need to find a top center with some youth soon, absolutely. But missing the playoffs next season, still hard to doubt it, until see it happen.
Well done the Murph.

Reactions: The Murph
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad