Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Let’s just hope the Bruins/NHLPA/NHL didn’t sweep this under the rug without informing or including the victims family.

I hope they aren’t hearing about this for the first time as well right now too. Something isn’t sitting right about this situation.
They mutually terminated the contract and got a settlement. The family has to be involved for that.

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think this makes plenty of sense, they paid the kid a bunch of money to quietly go away forever. They don’t want people to remember this happened. They don’t want it to be spotlighted again 9 months later after the shit storm died down.

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It's so weird I'm not sure if I believe it. Or at least whether it's 100% accurate.

But let's say it is: in what universe do they negotiate a deal that doesn't include them getting to announce they've parted ways? That would be insane. That would be gross negligence. (Which, yes, this entire affair has been.) The money, the roster spot, the cap hit all pale in comparison to the reputational damage of being associated with him and having listed as being part of the Bruins organization.

This story doesn't pass the smell test, so I'm not really getting worked up either way until we know more.

If though, we find out this a planted story to make them look better because they didn't want to lose the 200k cap space on the main roster then I'm going Defcon -37.

It was 2 or 3 days after the signing, Neely announced that the Bruins were rescinding the contract. That, unfortunately triggers the NHLPA stepping in. Unfortunately (again) the CBA forbids the NHL, the Bruins, the Player and his representatives from discussing it publicly (probably why Brooks got a no further comment from the team representative).

Brooks is also correct in stating that there is no record of the Bruins placing him on unconditional waivers, which the CBA clearly states must happen before the contract can be terminated. There is no cap hit now. I would be surprised if the Bruins didn't pay out the entire $2.5 million owed in the settlement agreement, but we'll never know.

CapFriendly already removed him from their Bruins page and PuckPedia will do the same this morning.

I asked someone with knowledge of the CBA if this was Bettman doing a solid for Jeremy Jacobs and they said "there is nothing in the CBA that says this was in any way allowed." They then added "the NHL makes things up on the way. Look no further than the Evander Kane situation in San Jose. And somehow, they always get the NHLPA to go along."

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Do we know what number swayman and the team filed arbitration at or does that not come out until the arbitration day?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Do we know what number swayman and the team filed arbitration at or does that not come out until the arbitration day?
Swayman' arbitration date is on the 30th and Frederic's is on the 1st. It can take up to 48hrs for an arbitrator to make their decision. We would probably hear those details once a decision is made.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I think this makes plenty of sense, they paid the kid a bunch of money to quietly go away forever. They don’t want people to remember this happened. They don’t want it to be spotlighted again 9 months later after the shit storm died down.
So he gets rewarded and makes out like a bandit for being a POS dirt-bag.

Reactions: CDJ

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
How? He was 9-16-25 with a -32 last year. 6-15-21 with -16 the year before.

Frederic was 17-14-31 with a +28. And the year before was 8-10-18 with a +10.

Career he has more points ,less games in less years on a rock bottom team

It wasn’t actually right down the middle 😐
Your splitting hairs.
I saw leafs offering 2M , his camp was asking 4.9M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad