Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If jake is being traded he should have been packaged for PLD. That kings deal wasn't that overwhelming . Jake grez lysell and beecher would have probably done it. I dont want a 30 plus pageau here . His age is enough for me to leave the table. Reminds of the Mathieu tkachuk for huberdeau and weagar deal.
Sweens would rather give up listening to Eliot Friedman 32 Thoughts Podcast when jogging than trade DeBrusk

Unless Jake wants out a deal will be made

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
What's the MOST aav you'd give Debrusk on 6-8 years? Curious to see the range. Anything with an 8 handle is tough, but if he scores 35+ goals that's the market.

I don't see a single young 35 goal scorer with a deal (signed recently) that doesn't start with an 8... 6m seems impossible, low 7m seems very unlikely. If Sweeney is great low 7's is where he lands.

Fwiw if I'm getting him for 8.X+ I'd rather do 8 years than 6.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

These read like they were written by chatGP

Reactions: BlackFrancis

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins getting Geekie was a very surprising and interesting move. Seattle was in that spot where they had a bit of both a logjam and cap intersecting and Goldie & Sweens swooped in.

Just didn’t expect it but I really like it.

From Conor Ryan (Globe with young guns Porter & Ryan bringing it)

. According to Natural Stat Trick, Geekie’s 2.47 5v5 points per 60 minutes of play ranked 31st in the league — ahead of names like Clayton Keller (2.46), Jack Eichel (2.45), Leon Draisaitl (2.41), Alex Ovechkin (2.31), and Matty Beniers (2.21).

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Samsonov has an arbitration hearing with the Leafs today and out of curiosity I looked up his numbers in comparison to Swayman over the past 2 seasons

Samsonov: 86 games played, .908 SV%, 2.67 GAA, 4.79 GSAA
Swayman: 78 games played, .917 SV%, 2.34 GAA, 22.78 GSAA

If the arbitrator meets somewhere in the middle and gives Samsonov like 3.7-4mil, it's gonna be awfully hard for Sweeney to make any real argument that Swayman should get less then that.

Last edited:
Reactions: HustleB and Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Samsonov has an arbitration hearing with the Leafs today and out of curiosity I looked up his numbers in comparison to

Samsonov: 86 games played, .908 SV%, 2.67 GAA, 4.79 GSAA
Swayman: 78 games played, .917 SV%, 2.34 GAA, 22.78 GSAA

If the arbitrator meets somewhere in the middle and gives Samsonov like 3.7-4mil, it's gonna be awfully hard for Sweeney to make any real argument that Swayman should get less then that.

If I were Sweeney, I'd just bring up the fact that Samsonov has actually won a playoff series.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
If I were Sweeney, I'd just bring up the fact that Samsonov has actually won a playoff series.
Swayman has only been THE guy once in the playoffs so far, and that was against the Canes in 2021-22 when he played 5 games.

Here are Swaymans numbers from that series: .911 SV%, 2.63 GAA, -0.24 GSAA

Here's Samsonov's number from the Tampa series this year: .900 SV%, 3.14 GAA, -0.36 GSAA

If I'm Swayman's agent I say he did enough.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I will cross my legs if it would help , but not loving this signing . Lucic signing was enough for me on the elder signings..........
I hear you, but since JVR is already signed, I hope he works out. If not, waive him after camp and move on.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
What's the MOST aav you'd give Debrusk on 6-8 years? Curious to see the range. Anything with an 8 handle is tough, but if he scores 35+ goals that's the market.

I don't see a single young 35 goal scorer with a deal (signed recently) that doesn't start with an 8... 6m seems impossible, low 7m seems very unlikely. If Sweeney is great low 7's is where he lands.

So we should be assuming Debrusk will be a 35+ goal scorer this season?

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
27 in 64 says that yes, he's pretty much that. I think Debrusk is wide open to score 30-35 this year if he plays 75+ games
The Bruins scored 20% more goals last season than they generally have over past howevermuchever.

DeBrusk scored at a rate a touch less than 30% higher than his career GPG.

If you expect the Bruins to score ~300 goals this coming season, your estimate is probably right in the neighborhood. He also might get a contract year boost.

Or the Bruins could score 250 goals.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Ya if he scored 35 goals that complete changes his market, but he hasn’t even scored 30 in a season yet as his career high is 27.

As of right now if we prorate the shortened season into a full 82 game season Debrusk averages

67gp 20 goals and 19 assists 39 points per season.

I like Debrusk I hope he gets locked up long term, but I think we are jumping the gun a bit on calling him a 35 goal scorer, especially since he’s never even cracked 30.

Reactions: Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
DeBrusk is not getting traded.

That's my surmise, which I can't back up.

It's also my belief.

One thing if Jake wants to go elsewhere and get PAID.

I don't know that. I'm not sure anyone does. (And if you do, let us know!)

Whatever the case, JDB is worth more than a serviceable 3C from the island.

If the Bruins ultimately decide that they can't, or won't, keep Jake, they should hold out to get a much better deal.

Reactions: bruins19

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Wouldn't have been least bit surprised if giving him 15 more games would've resulted in 0-1 more goals. DeBrusk is a notoriously streaky scorer, you can't just linearly extrapolate his goal totals.

I don't think he should be treated as a core piece. If he becomes too expensive, thank him for his service and move on. That said, absolutely zero interest in Pageau.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I don't mind thought exercises as a way to evaluate a player's worth. There's real merit in asking "who is equivalent value/who isn't." But holy hell why are we spending so much time on a non-rumor? This Pageau thing is wholly made-up. There's no actual merit to it. Even as a thought exercise it's boring as shit at this point.

We want to discuss hypotheticals? Fine! Sure! Let's go! Which center in the league do you think is a good one-for-one DeBrusk trade? We can discuss that for weeks.

But a fake trade discussion that isn't happening in any way? Isn't that a one-day conversation at best? Certainly not one worthy of getting all worked up over, either.

Well, what do you expect?

It's July 21.

I would only add: Do those who know the league much better than me believe there *is* a one to one (or package) for a 1C in exchange for Jake?

IF so, I haven't heard of it.

So you're turning the ... pageau?
Groan. But, keep 'em coming.

He's here all week, folks!

Reactions: HumBucker

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think Lysell is going to end up being a great linemate for JD. Great in transition, plays with pace and more of a playmaking winger.

Like Zacha meshes well with Pasta, I can see Lysell and Debrusk eventually doing the same with a defensively responsible center in between.

PLD would have been an ideal fit between those two, TBH. But no way Bruins could have put together a package that kept those wingers.

Reactions: CellyHard

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Wouldn't have been least bit surprised if giving him 15 more games would've resulted in 0-1 more goals. DeBrusk is a notoriously streaky scorer, you can't just linearly extrapolate his goal totals.

I don't think he should be treated as a core piece. If he becomes too expensive, thank him for his service and move on. That said, absolutely zero interest in Pageau.

I could well be wrong, but it seems to me that after Bruce inserted DeBrusk on the first line, and then last season, Jake was a more consistent scoring presence.

Not as streaky.

True/False?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I could well be wrong, but it seems to me that after Bruce inserted DeBrusk on the first line, and then last season, Jake was a more consistent scoring presence.

Not as streaky.

True/False?

Debrusk is great when he has someone to create for him and put the puck on his stick in space. We’ve seen it with krejci and now bergy/Marchand. However he’s severely struggled when he’s put into a spot where he has to create on his own like we saw with Coyle.

I think this is going to be a very interest boom or bust type contract situation for him this year and it will be interesting to see who his line mates will be if bergy isn’t back. But I think bergy comes back so he should be fine in that case

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Debrusk was anything but streaky last year. Just look at his game logs. Biggest clump he had was 5 goals in 4 games. Biggest drought was 7 games and then two 5 game stretches. He didn’t score in bunches then disappear for 10 games - he’s not that guy.

And, by the way, goldnblack said “IF Debrusk scores 35…”.

Reactions: bme44

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Not as streaky.

True/False?

In December Jake scored 3 goals in 3 games (one each game)

In January 5 goals in 4 games (one 2 goal game)

In March 4 goals in 4 games (one each game)

Also scored on consecutive nights 3 other times

Bruins were 17-0-1 in those games.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Don you are the wildfire. You are talking this up and then are confused why the discussion keeps going?

Like what

That's not even all the posts you've made about it.
I've been responding to all the posts in regards to jake being traded not creating it gonzo. My stance is jake should stay or If traded I want a better proposal then a 30 year old pageau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad