Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
A well run Cult can make you a billionaire

I was thinking of organizing a Bruins one but I made the mistake of putting Carlo & Grzelcyk on my introduction pamphlet
Almost as blasphemous to some as putting Tuukka on there :sarcasm:

Reactions: DKH

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Interesting. I thought Bertuzzi’s turnover on Duclair’s goal was a pretty brutal defensive play.

I also didn’t know you had to be good defensively to be nominated for the Hart Trophy.

You say wingers have the least defensive responsibility then disregard turnovers as defensive play. Puck possession is good defense.

By definition the team is on offense when they possess the puck. Talking here about defensive play.

Don't recall saying (or even implying) Hart candidates need to be good defensively.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
If jake is being traded he should have been packaged for PLD. That kings deal wasn't that overwhelming . Jake grez lysell and beecher would have probably done it. I dont want a 30 plus pageau here . His age is enough for me to leave the table. Reminds of the Mathieu tkachuk for huberdeau and weagar deal.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If jake is being traded he should have been packaged for PLD. That kings deal wasn't that overwhelming . Jake grez lysell and beecher would have probably done it. I dont want a 30 plus pageau here . His age is enough for me to leave the table. Reminds of the Mathieu tkachuk for huberdeau and weagar deal.
DeBrusk is not getting traded.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
You see the Bruins play all the time.

Do you consider Debrusk a top defensive player 5 on 5?

In his own zone, I'd say he's got average defensive instincts but good effort level. He's also solid on the PK. I wouldn't call him a top defensive player but is generally reliable, especially when he has the puck; He only had 18 giveaways all year,

Reactions: wintersej

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Monty scratching game 5 and 7 was a confidence killer - especially after Frederic was even in the two games in Florida and they win both

Lauko goes in for 7:24 and gets 4 minutes in penalties including a Tkachuk bait job that 30 seconds in was a Reinhart PP goal

They go to arbitration and Sweens & Goldie take him apart like a Cosco chicken- he’s done here

Boqvist slides in and Frederic + sent to Calgary for Hanny
Yup- that's twice they've shown no confidence in him come playoff time. It doesn't build a lot of confidence in them and his future.

Don't think it's a coincidence that the two guys they effected scratched come playoff time are the two heading towards arbitration.

Reactions: Kegs

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yup- that's twice they've shown no confidence in him come playoff time. It doesn't build a lot of confidence in them and his future.

Don't think it's a coincidence that the two guys they effected scratched come playoff time are the two heading towards arbitration.

So what you are saying is that instead of icing the best line-up possible to win a playoff game, Monty and Sweeney were more interested in strengthening their negotiation position against Frederic and Swayman this summer.

I like a good conspiracy story as much as the next guy, but this seems like a bit of a stretch.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I don't mind thought exercises as a way to evaluate a player's worth. There's real merit in asking "who is equivalent value/who isn't." But holy hell why are we spending so much time on a non-rumor? This Pageau thing is wholly made-up. There's no actual merit to it. Even as a thought exercise it's boring as shit at this point.

We want to discuss hypotheticals? Fine! Sure! Let's go! Which center in the league do you think is a good one-for-one DeBrusk trade? We can discuss that for weeks.

But a fake trade discussion that isn't happening in any way? Isn't that a one-day conversation at best? Certainly not one worthy of getting all worked up over, either.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Good cause its wildfires here right now in regards to this nonsense.

Don you are the wildfire. You are talking this up and then are confused why the discussion keeps going?

Like what

Pageau isnt anything special plus hes 30 . No thanks especially for jake.

I'll eat a frozen pizza out of a pizza box uncooked if Donny trades jake for pageau with nothing else coming back. No friggin way this will happen book it! Twice!

Keep Jake the guy is pure speed with a nice touch around the net. 30 goal guy incoming .

If a player comes with him like walstrom I'm interested if it's just pageau seeya .

I dont mind trading debrusk but for pageau ?? Are you kidding me. Shut this down.

That's not even all the posts you've made about it.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Don you are the wildfire. You are talking this up and then are confused why the discussion keeps going?

Like what

That's not even all the posts you've made about it.
DFCC057B-CCD7-4E9F-A4D1-DED714BC0AF5.jpeg

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I think Lysell is going to end up being a great linemate for JD. Great in transition, plays with pace and more of a playmaking winger.

Like Zacha meshes well with Pasta, I can see Lysell and Debrusk eventually doing the same with a defensively responsible center in between.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
In his own zone, I'd say he's got average defensive instincts but good effort level. He's also solid on the PK. I wouldn't call him a top defensive player but is generally reliable, especially when he has the puck; He only had 18 giveaways all year,

The result of not having the puck much.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Is Pageau my first choice for replacement Krejci or Bergeron? NO.

I compared 5 year playoff performances, Debrusk/Pageau share similar point totals however Pageau far exceeded when it came to hits, block shots, and F/O %s on par with Bergeron. Pageau played pk, 2nd pp, and 3rd line center (I'm guessing Pageau matches regular season Debrusk point totals playing with a Bergeron/Marchand). The guy plays hard and is depended on in all critical situations...Debrusk can score goals but he's much closer to a 1 dimensional player.

Folk brushing off a one to one trade and dismissing Pageau's worth haven't watched him play. IMO I take Pageau over Debrusk. Highly doubt Islanders do a 1 for 1 trade knowing what Pageau brings to the team.
No way JDB is a lot younger and still room to get better, Pageau is what he is, sure I would take him , but not for DeBrusk.

Reactions: Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Reactions: USGRANT

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
So what you are saying is that instead of icing the best line-up possible to win a playoff game, Monty and Sweeney were more interested in strengthening their negotiation position against Frederic and Swayman this summer.

I like a good conspiracy story as much as the next guy, but this seems like a bit of a stretch.
I'm saying that it wasn't the "best possible lineup" and on top of that now they've sent these guys a message that there's limited opportunity in Boston for them.

It's a business and shit happens and so does the arbitration process. Sweeney can try and tell em both that Boston's a great spot for them and they should work out a deal before arbitration, but they know what happened and is likely still going to happen- so why not play hardball. They ARE the only two left unsigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad