Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
still looking for them to sign bertuzzi. looks like he may have overplayed his hand. ryan graves is an interesting name still out there. would shore up the left side but require us to move gryz and forbort. i'm all for it.

jvr probably a 3rd line role?
I've always liked Graves, but he'll probably cost too much money and posters here would completely lose their minds after seeing some of Wile E. Coyote, super genius moves/decisions.

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
If anything, hopefully the addition of these vets makes the youngsters come into camp playing more competitive and trying to elevate their game. Most of the Providence players looked like shit coming into last year’s camp and seemed complacent.

Reactions: GordonHowe

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
95 points is usually the number to make the playoffs so they bruins need to lose over 40 points off last year’s total to miss

Of the players who played the majority of the season we have lost

Bergeron
Krejci
Hall
Foligno
Clifton
Nosek

big losses but those guys are not worth 20 extra wins
Wow. Like good for you man with the Bruins colored glasses and pom poms but last year was a record setting season. Personally, to me your take is lipstick on a pig. The key to their success was rolling 4 lines that could all score because they had incredible depth. This upcoming year, they will be back to a one line team at best, and far easier to defend against because of that alone. This is a fringe playoff team based on the shit-tastic roster they now have. If they squeak in, they'll be lucky and I could easily see them being a non playoff qualifier.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
top 5 defensemen and both goalies from last season. As far as a Cup, yeah I get it, but they won't be terrible during the regular season IMO.
That’s fine and I agree with alot of that. IMO it didn’t matter what they did this off season it was by going to make them a cup contender. I’ve been on board with this year being a reset and go into the following season flushed with cap space to build around the start talent we have. But anyone downplaying having those two at the top six center spots are going to see how much losing them sucks. Either way I’d rather go into next season as underdogs anyway. Hopefully they play with a chip on the shoulders. But we did get a hell of A lot slower

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
He better or we done. We cant win with zacha number 1.
Problem is that a 37 year old guy cannot be your #1 either...they will need a better contingency plan. At 37, minutes need to be scaled back to be used more efficiently, whereas a true #1 center would have to eat more minutes in different situations.

They better pray that a guy like Merkulov has a strong camp and can be integrated into the lineup.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I think when teams identify a need for toughness and a big voice in the locker room he is someone they turn to in order to set a culture standard, but after some time he ends up blocking a prospects spot that can actually play hockey so he finds a new team that needs his services. He’s more like an assistant coach that wears a jersey and can skate on the ice if need be to hit someone but he made a career off of it so good for him.

Who? Looch?

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Wow. Like good for you man with the Bruins colored glasses and pom poms but last year was a record setting season. Personally, to me your take is lipstick on a pig. The key to their success was rolling 4 lines that could all score because they had incredible depth. This upcoming year, they will be back to a one line team at best, and far easier to defend against because of that alone. This is a fringe playoff team based on the shit-tastic roster they now have. If they squeak in, they'll be lucky and I could easily see them being a non playoff qualifier.
Easily lose 40 points in the standings?

Easily?

Reactions: 13Hockey

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Last year the wings where the 10th worst team in the league

Look at there roster last year and look at the bruins roster now

This isn’t even close to a bottom 10 team in the league

There is not many teams in the NHL that have

a Rocket Richard Winner
2 Norris Top 10 Defensmen
&
a Vezina Winner

Capitals, 25th last season with Ovechkin, Kuznetsov and Carlson. Kuznetsov is far better than Coyle and Zacha in the most important position.

So yeah, if you believe this team isn't going to be bad having Coyle and Zacha, full season, as your top centers your faith is far bigger than mine.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Bruinsguy613

Jul 13, 2022
sweeney taking money into account for swayman frederic and lauko (all other RFA's are off to providence) but he should utulize the cap overages in the summer and plan to move forbort and gryz. I'm assuming at this point they are keeping ullmark

Reactions: The don godfather

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
In just a few hours so far today DS has:

1) Brought Looch back to provide some sorely needed muscle and to keep the Pro Shop busy
2) Avoided making any dumb deals involving term
3) Avoided overpaying anyone
4) Brought in a promising young bottom 6 center for a reasonable price
5) Signed a couple semi-washed up vets for cheap who could very well get pushed out by a youngster in camp, but if they aren't pushed out then they offer a bit of contingency

Not a bad start. Still more work to be done, but so far so good.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I feel like Geekie is a must purchase shirt at least. Maybe jersey.

Those effing shirts are $45 at the Pro Shop. Effing Jacobs!

Me: "I spent (almost) $45 on this Taylor Hall t shirt.

"What, what am I to do now?"

Thee: "Find some needy Taylor Hall fan."

*Good luck, Taylor. You'll always be aces in my book.*

sweeney taking money into account for swayman frederic and lauko (all other RFA's are off to providence) but he should utulize the cap overages in the summer and plan to move forbort and gryz. I'm assuming at this point they are keeping ullmark

For now.

Problem is that a 37 year old guy cannot be your #1 either...they will need a better contingency plan. At 37, minutes need to be scaled back to be used more efficiently, whereas a true #1 center would have to eat more minutes in different situations.

They better pray that a guy like Merkulov has a strong camp and can be integrated into the lineup.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
With lucic back I bet hes interested coming back. They buddies big time.

PS I saw a guy wearing a Godfather t shirt today @ Target.

Never read the book, but I'm old enough to remember what a cultural phenomena the movie was. Full page newspaper ads, always with the line, "Mario Puzo's The Godfather."

BTW, I'm sure you know this, but the bit with the horse head in the bed was "based on" (quite loosely, I'm sure) an anecdote about The Chairman of the Board (Frank).

Remember,

1688239597222.png

Or it was, anyway.

I don't think there is a thread for our latest signing: Patrik Brown. He is an old 4A player that brings a little toughness, sandpaper and very little skill.
I'll take it.

Reactions: The don godfather
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad