Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The games are played on the ice not on the message boards. We all knew this was coming and were all happy with the investment made this past trade deadline. Stuff happens and they didn’t get it done. That was not due to a lack of trying to add pieces at the deadline. I read a lot of this same moaning and groaning last offseason about how they were going to be a mediocre team. When they went on their run so many on these boards acted like they predicted it. Complete BS. What they’re doing today in free agency is trying to ice a competitive team with very little financial wiggle room. I applaud the effort to this point and there’s some potential upside with Geekie which is a bit of a bonus. If you’re a true fan you’ll weather this storm, accept what had to be done, and look forward to whoever pulls on the B’s sweater next season.
excellent post

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Interesting that FLA, a team that's biggest weakenss is its D, signed Mike Reilly. Head scratcher. Knew he would get picked up by somebody, but not by a team that just played in the SCF and needs better D.
That's certainly a head scratcher.

In the event, good luck to Reilly. It's no fun being demoted to the AHL and then bought out. I wish him well.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
It's looking like this team will be a bottom 10 team next season.
Last year the wings where the 10th worst team in the league

Look at there roster last year and look at the bruins roster now

This isn’t even close to a bottom 10 team in the league

There is not many teams in the NHL that have

a Rocket Richard Winner
2 Norris Top 10 Defensmen
&
a Vezina Winner

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Conor Ryan:

2:50 p.m. – Bruins remain focused on cap flexibility in 2024​

We’ll likely gain more insight once Sweeney speaks to the media, but it does seem like the plan for Boston is bridge the gap during this cap crunch year and set themselves up for a larger spending spree (and aggressive retool) in 2024-25.

Boston will be flush with cap space next summer, and that’s not even counting the expected cap bump after years of stagnation.

The Bruins still desperately NEED Bergeron back, but they still have a group of players (especially in net and on the blue line) that can remain competitive.

Might be gunning more for a Wild Card spot, but Boston should remain in the mix — and will be able to really shuffle things around next summer.

Nowhere yet. But everyone is saying he’s not coming back.

That's fine. Too bad, but I'm not paying 7 or whatever to keep him.

He, like Orlov, wants to get paid -- the big payday at the end of the rainbow. Good for him. These guys have to make their money while they can.

Wonder if Bert ends up back in Detroit.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
The games are played on the ice not on the message boards. We all knew this was coming and were all happy with the investment made this past trade deadline. Stuff happens and they didn’t get it done. That was not due to a lack of trying to add pieces at the deadline. I read a lot of this same moaning and groaning last offseason about how they were going to be a mediocre team. When they went on their run so many on these boards acted like they predicted it. Complete BS. What they’re doing today in free agency is trying to ice a competitive team with very little financial wiggle room. I applaud the effort to this point and there’s some potential upside with Geekie which is a bit of a bonus. If you’re a true fan you’ll weather this storm, accept what had to be done, and look forward to whoever pulls on the B’s sweater next season.
Agreed. You always need a willing partner to make a deal and just because a team dealt player x for y or, as someone already noted, a guy like Duchene signs for the 3M we could have paid him doesn’t mean the same deal or signing was available for us. In the meantime, I take comfort in the fact that other teams will still screw this up worse than we ever will. Leafs will still mismanage money and assets and the Rain-guz have not won a cup since 1994 in the BS shortened season, and before that it was in 1940, before Pearl Harbor and our entry into WW2. I am fine with it.

Bruinsguy613

Jul 13, 2022
still looking for them to sign bertuzzi. looks like he may have overplayed his hand. ryan graves is an interesting name still out there. would shore up the left side but require us to move gryz and forbort. i'm all for it.

jvr probably a 3rd line role?

Reactions: The don godfather

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
still looking for them to sign bertuzzi. looks like he may have overplayed his hand. ryan graves is an interesting name still out there. would shore up the left side but require us to move gryz and forbort. i'm all for it.

JVR for 3rd line role, but also a backup if Merkulov and Lysell can’t fill a top six spot between them.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
They really should be going the other way and trading older players like Marchard and finding takers for Coyle, Debrusk, etc, and blowing this up and building the future Bruins with Pasta McAvoy Lohlei and Fabien. But they won't do this while Jacobs owns the team so now we're stuck looking at a roster with a few guys on vet minimum contracts that will take up valuable developmental minutes for some of the younger players.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005

Hoping Bert overplayed his hand and comes back. At least he will have seen what was out there in terms of offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad