Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
PS I saw a guy wearing a Godfather t shirt today @ Target.

Never read the book, but I'm old enough to remember what a cultural phenomena the movie was. Full page newspaper ads, always with the line, "Mario Puzo's The Godfather."

BTW, I'm sure you know this, but the bit with the horse head in the bed was "based on" (quite loosely, I'm sure) an anecdote about The Chairman of the Board (Frank).

Remember,

View attachment 724878

Or it was, anyway.

I'll take it.
The godfather greatest movie of all time. Marlon Brando would have been the best general manager in the nhl if he ever managed. I'll make him a offer he cant refuse.

Reactions: Olden McGroin

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
The godfather greatest movie of all time. Marlon Brando would have been the best general manager in the nhl if he ever managed. I'll make him a offer he cant refuse.
zznoth.gif

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
The games are played on the ice not on the message boards. We all knew this was coming and were all happy with the investment made this past trade deadline. Stuff happens and they didn’t get it done. That was not due to a lack of trying to add pieces at the deadline. I read a lot of this same moaning and groaning last offseason about how they were going to be a mediocre team. When they went on their run so many on these boards acted like they predicted it. Complete BS. What they’re doing today in free agency is trying to ice a competitive team with very little financial wiggle room. I applaud the effort to this point and there’s some potential upside with Geekie which is a bit of a bonus. If you’re a true fan you’ll weather this storm, accept what had to be done, and look forward to whoever pulls on the B’s sweater next season.

Excellent post.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
They really should be going the other way and trading older players like Marchard and finding takers for Coyle, Debrusk, etc, and blowing this up and building the future Bruins with Pasta McAvoy Lohlei and Fabien. But they won't do this while Jacobs owns the team so now we're stuck looking at a roster with a few guys on vet minimum contracts that will take up valuable developmental minutes for some of the younger players.

Let's just see how Dev Camp and training camp go.

Hoping Bert overplayed his hand and comes back. At least he will have seen what was out there in terms of offers.

I rather doubt that. He's gone, and he's not going to "eat his pride" and slink back to Boston.

He's going to get *paid.* Good for him.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Frederic aside. I wonder if Lauko is moved after all these vet signings and the trade request. That’s a bummer imo if so

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Curious as to where Comtois lands. Feels like a guy that could really benefit from a fresh start and also had some development derailed by the pandemic. That goes for some other RFAs out there as well

Reactions: The don godfather
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad