Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Those guys are place holders. They're not going to be here in a year (save Looch).

I doubt their acquisition has much to do with a lack of team leadership. If they can provide some, great.
Agree. Sweeney was just plugging holes the cheapest and safest way he could. Its not like Looch, JVR, and Shattenkirk had other teams knocking down their doors.

Really like the Geekie signing thou, real good value.

Serge

Mar 13, 2006
Massachusetts
Saw an excellent post by Playmaker, I believe, about a week ago. He provided the average age for teams on Cup teams this past decade. Cup teams had a much lower average age than our Bruins. JVR, Looch, and Shatty don't move the needle in the right direction. We may sneak into the playoffs but I don't see us winning the war of attrition and winning a Cup. Not with this group.

Reactions: TCB

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Saw an excellent post by Playmaker, I believe, about a week ago. He provided the average age for teams on Cup teams this past decade. Cup teams had a much lower average age than our Bruins. JVR, Looch, and Shatty don't move the needle in the right direction. We may sneak into the playoffs but I don't see us winning the war of attrition and winning a Cup. Not with this group.

It was average age of the #1C

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
Feels like that’s a wrap on free agents for us.
It’s def it. Wasn’t room to add anyone on a oh contract. This coming season will be rough but ample cap space and nice star players to build around the following year. But this lineup is going to be gross to look at on paper. Again never thought anything big was going to happen.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
If Bruins fans have learned one thing over the years, it's that it's simple to predict what will win you the Stanley Cup.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Marchand-Bergeron-DeBrusk
JVR/Merkulov-Zacha-Pastrnak
JVR/Merkulov-Coyle-Lauko
Lucic-Geekie-McLaughlin/Beecher

Lindholm-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk
Mitchell

Ullmark
Swayman

1st wild card is my prediction as of now

Reactions: 13Hockey

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Sweeney said he’s not dealing our goalies
I would have moved one but what do I know?Lol

JVR/Merkulov-Coyle-Lauko

Lindholm-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk
Mitchell

Ullmark
Swayman

1st wild card is my prediction as of now
Still don’t like the D come playoff time ,thats if they make it.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Good cheap first day for DS didn’t overpay think they are done for the weekend. I guess they won’t be moving players. But I guess freeing up cash was for the RFA

Serge

Mar 13, 2006
Massachusetts
If Bruins fans have learned one thing over the years, it's that it's simple to predict what will win you the Stanley Cup.
True. Last year certainly proved that. But you still need to rely on the rule of probabilities. Arizona ain't hoisting the Cup anytime soon.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
JVR/Merkulov-Coyle-Lauko

Lindholm-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk
Mitchell

Ullmark