2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
Corey Pronman Way Too Early Top 23 (From July 11th, 2022)
1. Connor Bedard
2. Matvei Michkov
3. Adam Fantilli
4. Zach Benson
5. Dalibor Dvorsky
6. Kasper Halttunen
7. Nate Danielson
8. Charlie Stramel
9. Cameron Allen
10. Matthew Wood
11. Brayden Yager
12. Mikhail Gulyayev
13. Colby Barlow
14. Eduard Sale
15. Leo Carlsson
16. Calum Ritchie
17. Will Smith
18. Daniil But
19. Riley Heidt
20. Ryan Leonard
21. Oliver Moore
22. Gavin Brindley
23. Gabriel Perreault

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Forget it.

Michkov no matter how good he is......will NoT be draft in the Top 5.

Not here in North America before 22 years old..at the earliest.....+ the war

Look what.Crosby and Mcdavid did before 22....multiple awards..cup for Crosby.etc..

no way a team will be crazy enough to pick him before Fantili, Dvorsky, Carlsson , Yager etc..

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
So it seems the top of this draft is forward heavy and too good to pass up, but if we end up in the 6-15 range are there any right shot D that have first pair potential at this point? Will be interesting to follow this year to see if one can sneak into the top 5.

With defense often taking a bit longer to develop I'd feel better about the rebuild if the Habs had a blue chip RD sooner than later.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
So it seems the top of this draft is forward heavy and too good to pass up, but if we end up in the 6-15 range are there any right shot D that have first pair potential at this point? Will be interesting to follow this year to see if one can sneak into the top 5.

With defense often taking a bit longer to develop I'd feel better about the rebuild if the Habs had a blue chip RD sooner than later.

Dragicevic is the only one I can think of at the moment.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
In September, my first viewings will be all on Dvorsky. Haven't had nearly enough viewings of him yet.

NJoy

Yeah and even him, he's looking more like a mid-first.

Maybe we get him with the Florida pick.

Our first pick will be on offense and most likely a centerman unless Dach has blown the doors off in year 1.

I would not look at Dach's performance in any way - still draft a C.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Pronman has Benson at 4, I like him and a fan of his, might be ranked a little high but he's not far off.

Yager at 11...don't know about that.

Will be intresting to see how the rankings will change during the course of the season

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Pronman has Benson at 4, I like him and a fan of his, might be ranked a little high but he's not far off.

Yager at 11...don't know about that.

Will be intresting to see how the rankings will change during the course of the season

Pronman's rankings are a bit weird there but its fine, there's an entire year to equalize that.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
The nice thing is we don't even need 1st overall next year. It would be nice, of course, to add Bedard, but the top 5 is filled with good options that will bring the team much further along its rebuild.

I think the rebuild will be complete in 1 year (in terms of finding the pieces necessary for success, not for immediate success).

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
The nice thing is we don't even need 1st overall next year. It would be nice, of course, to add Bedard, but the top 5 is filled with good options that will bring the team much further along its rebuild.

I think the rebuild will be complete in 1 year (in terms of finding the pieces necessary for success, not for immediate success).
All of the centers in the top 5 are better than Wright. I had wright at no.1 on my list before the draft and was even saying he probably wouldn't make the top 5 next year

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Forget it.

Michkov no matter how good he is......will NoT be draft in the Top 5.

Not here in North America before 22 years old..at the earliest.....+ the war

Look what.Crosby and Mcdavid did before 22....multiple awards..cup for Crosby.etc..

no way a team will be crazy enough to pick him before Fantili, Dvorsky, Carlsson , Yager etc..

Look at what Kaprizov did at age 23 and 24. Does anybody but Bedard and Michkov in 2023 draft have the same upside as Kaprizov? I very doubt it.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
I need a voodoo doll for every Florida panther......
My first Florida voodoo doll..
20220711_123803.jpg
20220711_123806.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad