2023 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Let say we get one of Bedard/Dvorsky/Fantilli

Ylonen - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - NEW GUY - Mesar
Roy - Dach - Farrell
RHP - Beck - Mysak

This is starting to look pretty decent
Ylonen on the 1st line? That's awful, guy is barely NHL level.
The new guy will push Suzuki down to #2C.

That 4th line is complete unknown in terms of quality.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Also 2/3 of those guys will likely not fulfill there potential, Looking at you Roy, Ylonen, Mesar, Farrel or Mysak
My guess is Mysak, Roy, and Farrell. I think ylonen can be a good third liner in the near future. And Ive liked Mesar for a bit of time now. Maybe a line of Slaf-Suzuki-Mesar could do some damage one day as a 1B line

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
- Ylonen might not even be on the team at the sametime next year.
- RHP same as Ylonen although he has more chances to stay in Laval.
-Mysak/Tuch stock has been decreasing significantly since their draft year, they are now long shot and might struggle in the AHL.

Roy/Farrell/Mesar have the potential to play in the NHL but if I had to put money I would say only one of the 3 will play more than 400 NHL games and Farrell would be the most likely.

As for Beck, I like but he is a couple years away.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Yeah how do you go from 36 pts in 52 AHL games at 22 years old to 1st liner in the NHL ? Quite the leap.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
He certainly has his signature goal celebration down haha
I’ll take Fantilli despite the lack of a signatory goal celebration.

Also 2/3 of those guys will likely not fulfill there potential, Looking at you Roy, Ylonen, Mesar, Farrel or Mysak
Once again confirmation of the uncertainty of development progressions. Ask Mr. Wright.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Lot's of focus on the offensive firepower in 2023. Who are the top D men? And who do they compare too?

Game plan;

6mnf5u.jpg

Last edited:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
So its looking like the Yotes, Hawks, Flyers and us will be at the bottom of the league. Detroit, Kracken, and Ottawa have all improved. Buffalo could be better as well. we look to have a real good chance of picking at least in the top 4-5.
Yeah I doubt there are as many teams competing for the bottom 5 next year. Many of those fighting with us have improved.

I'm thinking a bottom 5 finish (pre lottery) is a lock for the Habs.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah I doubt there are as many teams competing for the bottom 5 next year. Many of those fighting with us have improved.

Teams Guaranteed to be worse
Arizona
Chicago

Teams that are going to be around us
Montreal
Seattle
Philadelphia
Buffalo
Anaheim
San Jose

So absolute worst case scenario is 8th place going into the lottery.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

We need to get something out of another year of pain, especially if Dach doesn't take off as a 2C. And they better take a C next year.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Arizona
Chicago

Montreal
Seattle
Philadelphia
Buffalo
Anaheim
San Jose

And this is another reason why we need to hold onto a couple of good assets. Look at Ottawa this year all of a sudden. Maybe next year we are picking 7th and Buffalo 4th, and we want a go at 5, maybe Anderson moves us up 3 spots because Buffalo thinks it's turned the corner and wants him.

MB was not a strategic thinker and was arrogant. I hope HUGO know they could be wrong on Dach and set aside some assets in case needed to fill the critical C void.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Arizona
Chicago

Montreal
Seattle
Philadelphia
Buffalo
Anaheim
San Jose

I'm really hoping the Sabres are better, the Ducks are 14M from the floor, who knows what they do and they have a decent core already.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
And this is another reason why we need to hold onto a couple of good assets. Look at Ottawa this year all of a sudden. Maybe next year we are picking 7th and Buffalo 4th, and we want a go at 5, maybe Anderson moves us up 3 spots because Buffalo thinks it's turned the corner and wants him.

MB was not a strategic thinker and was arrogant. I hope HUGO know they could be wrong on Dach and set aside some assets in case needed to fill the critical C void.
The great thing about Suzuki is his positional versatility. If Dach busts, habs can maybe draft a C next draft with a top 5 pick. If he doesn't, Habs can still draft a C with a top 5 pick and move Suzuki to the wing going forward

Last edited:
Reactions: yianik

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Arizona
Chicago

Montreal
Seattle
Philadelphia
Buffalo
Anaheim
San Jose

There has to be a moment when Buffalo gets the ball rolling lol. It’s impossible to suck that hard for so long, I’m banking on them being due for a pop in wins.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Best case scenario Jesus Prist comes back, realizes that he's done, carries the cross and goes tank commander on his last year and dies for the sins of our previous GMs. He gives us his son Connor Bedard that brings us peace and a new lease on life

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad