2023 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I have seen you give Leo the thumps up in other posts.

Can you describe his game a bit, maybe point to a comparable player?

((( If u have already done this, and I missed it…I will look for it )))

He's a lot like Barkov just not sure if he ever comes close to the Selke level defense side of things.. but as far as how he approaches the game offensively.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I have seen you give Leo the thumps up in other posts.

Can you describe his game a bit, maybe point to a comparable player?

((( If u have already done this, and I missed it…I will look for it )))

Comparable would be Peter Forsberg/Andrei Kostitsyn mix. Very strong, incredible IQ, but also has that 6th sense to get out of trouble. Needs to compete harder defensively - classic, this looks like a fitness issue at this point because he's a big kid. But you can see his progressive learning live, it's amazing to see. There is something special there. Good hands like Peter, no brain farts like AK.

I don't see Barkov, who is a bit passive but super powerful. Leo dives into the play like Peter Forsberg, but he doesn't have the heroism of Peter to pull it off at the same % (my Andrei Kostitsyn part).

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
McCagg's going to be on 690 in a few minutes. Those who didn't think Slaf had a prayer to go #1 or Wright go #4 should listen so we can up the quality of discussion in this thread! :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
You actually think that Hughes and Gorton are willing to spend another year at the bottom of the standings? They want to accelerate the rebuild, I don't see how finish last again will speed up the rebuild.
“I don’t see how finishing last again will speed up the rebuild”? Are you saying this seriously?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Hmm bigger upside than Kaprizov. Michkov might have a few 65 goals seasons ahead of him, Bedard is more balance g/p.

Yeah and that's it. Minnisota picked the player in the 5th and then waited for him for 5 years. And fans are happy now. It will take 3 years to get Michkov to NA. Or maybe even less if the team that picked him convinces him to buy his SKA contract out.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Yeah and that's it. Minnisota picked the player in the 5th and then waited for him for 5 years. And fans are happy now. It will take 3 years to get Michkov to NA. Or maybe even less if the team that picked him convinces him to buy his SKA contract out.

Kaprizov's whole story is a good one, but it's not reproducible.

Reactions: Andrei79

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
All of the centers in the top 5 are better than Wright. I had wright at no.1 on my list before the draft and was even saying he probably wouldn't make the top 5 next year
I didn't think Wright would (should) go top 5 this year.

• Haha
Reactions: bcv

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
You actually think that Hughes and Gorton are willing to spend another year at the bottom of the standings? They want to accelerate the rebuild, I don't see how finish last again will speed up the rebuild.
I don't think there is any magic button that Hughes and Gorton can push that will 'speed up the re-build'. We are what are record says we are. We are drafting high next year in a draft that will garner us a potential franchise player for the ensuing decade. I think most Montreal fans understand that and it will be a most agreeable salve to the pain that we will all be feeling.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Kaprizov's whole story is a good one, but it's not reproducible.

Yeah Kucherov was picked in the 2nd round, Buchnevich in the 3rd, Shesterkin in the 4th, Panarin wasn't picked at all... 2022 draft had some interesting Russian kids. Let's see how will turn it out for all these 2nd and 3rd rounders.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Yeah Kucherov was picked in the 2nd round, Buchnevich in the 3rd, Shesterkin in the 4th, Panarin wasn't picked at all... 2022 draft had some interesting Russian kids. Let's see how will turn it out for all these 2nd and 3rd rounders.

There are just 250 others you didn't name that just flat-out busted.

Stop arguing from the exception lol

Reactions: Takeru and Andrei79

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Comparable would be Peter Forsberg/Andrei Kostitsyn mix. Very strong, incredible IQ, but also has that 6th sense to get out of trouble. Needs to compete harder defensively - classic, this looks like a fitness issue at this point because he's a big kid. But you can see his progressive learning live, it's amazing to see. There is something special there. Good hands like Peter, no brain farts like AK.

I don't see Barkov, who is a bit passive but super powerful. Leo dives into the play like Peter Forsberg, but he doesn't have the heroism of Peter to pull it off at the same % (my Andrei Kostitsyn part).
Ak is a great comparable in playstyle actually, probably why I like Carlson a lot lol. I even see it in the hands and head-down puck carrying.

Him and Slaf would be a very tough pair to handle.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

M I C H K O V :pickle:
Michkov could end up playing his best years for a Russian military base intramural team with Ivan Fedotov on the north coast of Russia. Scary stuff going on there right now.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I've had a player crush on Fantilli for months now. If not Bedard, I really hope Habs get the chance to select him. Dvorsky would be nice too. I wouldn't take Michkov with any top 3-4 pick but that's not to say he's not ahead of one or two of them BPA wise
Welcome to the club.:thumbu:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm exhausted from the anticipation of the 22 draft.
Waited so long for 2022 now we already on 2023.
Not gonna pay attention till february to keep my mind off of it.

Dunno how you guys do it
Training camp cant come soon enough

By not anticipating the actual draft, but instead the tournaments leading up to it. 1st up is Hlinka-Gretzky which starts July 31st. It's a U-18 tournament that all the major 2023 draft prospects usually play in.

Then the summer WJCs, Winter WJCs, and u-18 worlds. After that playoffs, CHL, European, Stanley Cup, World Championships then finally the draft.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I think with the team we have we could end up top 10 but not bottom 5, just a gut feeling I have, I really hope we can grab one of Dvorsky , Carlsson, Ritchie

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
This team sucks ass. And is not better minus Romanov and Chiarot. Would take Price playing 50 games and being lights out, combined with big leaps from Suzuki and Caufield to take us out of top 5 contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad