2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Adding Benson and Leonard would fit exactly the identity I want our team to build around

Skills team that play at high pace with an excellent motor
I like it, but don’t imagine Leonard will be available at Florida’s pick.

Barlow would be another one that interests me, but he may be gone as well. I think Wood is the type of player I’d gamble on with a 2nd pick in the top 20. If he can work on his skating, he could be a Jason Robertson. Could also be a Pierre Dagenais though.

I’d love to take an RD with the pick, but I think Reinbacher will be gone and I’m not that sold on any projected in the 1st round after him.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I’d love to take an RD with the pick, but I think Reinbacher will be gone and I’m not that sold on any projected in the 1st round after him.
Same, Reinbacher dosen't go out of the top 10 and not a fan in the 1st round of the options as RD

I like it, but don’t imagine Leonard will be available at Florida’s pick.
Depending where the pick, but yes would't bet on that either

Reactions: PavelBrendl

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Adding Benson and Leonard would fit exactly the identity I want our team to build around

Skills team that play at high pace with an excellent motor
Leonard would fit perfectly with Cole and Suzuki. Hate to pick for need, but unless a guy like Wood or Cristall is there at FLA's, I pick Leonard 10/10. He could have a perfect impact on that line.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
View attachment 678507

I think I'm not touching the simulator anymore !

1st shot today
Getting a top 4 pick changes things so much, but I don't think Chicago passes on Carlsson. Of the bottom six team I only see Arizona, Anaheim and San Jose picking Michkov over the Cs. After that Vancouver, Detroit for sure.

Coming out the draft with any combination of Benson/Smith/Cristall/Reinbacher will make me happy, if you grab one of the top four and one of those... Sheesh.

I whine a lot about HuGo not making the likely moves but regardless of where the Habs land they're gonna have a heck of a piece with their piece.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Getting a top 4 pick changes things so much, but I don't think Chicago passes on Carlsson. Of the bottom six team I only see Arizona, Anaheim and San Jose picking Michkov over the Cs. After that Vancouver, Detroit for sure.

Coming out the draft with any combination of Benson/Smith/Cristall/Reinbacher will make me happy, if you grab one of the top four and one of those... Sheesh.

I whine a lot about HuGo not making the likely moves but regardless of where the Habs land they're gonna have a heck of a piece with their piece.
Drafting both Carlsson and Benson would be a game changer even if it's highly improbable

Imagine a top 9 of:

Benson - Carlsson - Suzuki
Slafkovsky - Dach - Caufield
Farrell - Beck - Roy/Heineman

Leonard would fit perfectly with Cole and Suzuki. Hate to pick for need, but unless a guy like Wood or Cristall is there at FLA's, I pick Leonard 10/10. He could have a perfect impact on that line.
If you draft Leonard at 11-12, your not drafting for need but for the BPA

Reactions: Habsrule

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Drafting both Carlsson and Benson would be a game changer even if it's highly improbable

Imagine a top 9 of:

Benson - Carlsson - Suzuki
Slafkovsky - Dach - Caufield
Farrell - Beck - Roy/Heineman

If you draft Leonard at 11-12, your not drafting for need but for the BPA
I have Leonard at 14, but yeah hes around.

Reactions: Vachon23

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

He is a really good player. A team will be very happy with him. For someone deemed to be a two-way player, he sure knows how to misdirect and manipulate offensively. Very good at attacking opponents sticks as a puck carrier. Knows when to go wide and buy time for a teammate skating in, and knows when to do things himself.

I think like Reinbacher, he’s someone going higher than expected. I can see a team taking him before Dvorsky if they are looking for a centre.

Reactions: Frozenice

JT3

May 27, 2013
I know there are some folks around here against him but Barlow would be a good fit for that line as well. Unfortunately I don't think either him or Leonard will be available at the Florida pick. A home run swing on Wood there might be my favorite option otherwise.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Got a bunch of prospects ready to dominate this year.

Who's gonna pull a Suzuki type highlight package all the way to the mem cup? Kidney? Roy? Davidson? One of the OHL boys?

Last year Xhekaj and Mysak were good but not on that Suzuki level.

Suzukis run was amazing. He was truly dominant. He was physical too.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He is a really good player. A team will be very happy with him. For someone deemed to be a two-way player, he sure knows how to misdirect and manipulate offensively. Very good at attacking opponents sticks as a puck carrier. Knows when to go wide and buy time for a teammate skating in, and knows when to do things himself.

I think like Reinbacher, he’s someone going higher than expected. I can see a team taking him before Dvorsky if they are looking for a centre.
Watching those highlights, and I know I'll take slack for it, but I saw a discount/ fairly poor man's MacKinnon with more size. Not as fast, not as shifty, but he picked up speed and skated around like what MacKinnon can do in the NHL.

I'm in no manner saying this dude is like MacKinnon, but if you dropped some speed and elusiveness that he has, I think he'd look similar.

Definitely looks like a player who can be a surprise. He also played with pretty much underwhelming overagers it seems on his team.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Welp, I had a dream that we won the #2 pick, and that someone dumped a truckload of sand in my walk in closet. Woke up and my cat shat in my plants again because theres dirt all over the living room floor, so that's a sign that Fantilli to MTL is all but confirmed.
That wasn't your cat. That was your woman. It's her way of telling you she feels ignored.

• Haha
Reactions: habsfan891

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Watching those highlights, and I know I'll take slack for it, but I saw a discount/ fairly poor man's MacKinnon with more size. Not as fast, not as shifty, but he picked up speed and skated around like what MacKinnon can do in the NHL.

I'm in no manner saying this dude is like MacKinnon, but if you dropped some speed and elusiveness that he has, I think he'd look similar.

Definitely looks like a player who can be a surprise. He also played with pretty much underwhelming overagers it seems on his team.

Yager reminds me the most of MacKinnon in the draft.. and no the upside isn't the same, but the speed, attack style and shot is all there.

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Got a bunch of prospects ready to dominate this year.

Who's gonna pull a Suzuki type highlight package all the way to the mem cup? Kidney? Roy? Davidson? One of the OHL boys?

Last year Xhekaj and Mysak were good but not on that Suzuki level.

Roy and Kidney will definitely put up huge numbers.
Hoping to see Mailloux reach another level in the playoffs

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
My stickler player is Wood.

I want the skating.

But I need to watch him much more closely and remember that a set of fast forwards in the overall is not brought down by one player.

If he’s a finisher and puts in the work, he’d be a successful pick.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I want the skating.

But I need to watch him much more closely and remember that a set of fast forwards in the overall is not brought down by one player.

Sure, but who are the Habs fast forwards? They aren’t in the Top 6. Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Slafkovsky. Average to good skaters, but not fast. Don’t think Wood is the answer for the Habs.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Sure, but who are the Habs fast forwards? They aren’t in the Top 6. Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Slafkovsky. Average to good skaters, but not fast. Don’t think Wood is the answer for the Habs.

We also don't really have any one with net front skills.. they can add speed with their top pick and still use the Florida pick on Wood. I'd have no issues.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
We also don't really have any one with net front skills.. they can add speed with their top pick and still use the Florida pick on Wood. I'd have no issues.
Who is speedy in the Top 10 this year though? Assuming the Habs don’t win the lottery. I just see your boy Barlow as having the best speed for likely Top 10 picks. Moore/Leonard who might get picked there, but closer to 10 than 5-7.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Who is speedy in the Top 10 this year though? Assuming the Habs don’t win the lottery. I just see your boy Barlow as having the best speed for likely Top 10 picks. Moore/Leonard who might get picked there, but closer to 10 than 5-7.

Fantilli (unlikely, I know), Moore, Leonard is a good skater, Yager obviously very explosive skater and Sale is a smooth skater maybe not -fast-.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
I can't see the comments so I'm trying to guess which user would have such audaciously bad takes about a draft prospect.
I suggest you unclick this option

1680203025839.png

That way, you can see when people are replying to someone on your ignore list while not seeing what they wrote.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

How are you ranking But, Wood, and Honzek? Big frames, diverse skillsets, different motors and skating.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I want the skating.

Wood is a great gamble. Hes super young still, hes gonna get there. You dont bet against that shot and offensive IQ. Hes a comparatively much better prospect than McGroarty last year and even he went top 15, though in a weaker top 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad