2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Ah well they never watch prospects, so they must have read something somewhere.
Where? Never saw someone mentioning Jarvis as comparable. Saw a lot of Marner, not saying it's the best one btw. He keeps on telling us we should stay away from small prospects. Caufield dropped because of size and we were lucky he panned out, we shouldn't try it again because small player bust all the time. Than said that Jarvis was an example why you don't draft small, that they are a done product at 21yo, etc. Jarvis had the same kind of rookie season than Nick Suzuki, dont see what's so bad about him anyway.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Where? Never saw someone mentioning Jarvis as comparable. Saw a lot of Marner, not saying it's the best one btw. He keeps on telling us we should stay away from small prospects. Caufield dropped because of size and we were lucky he panned out, we shouldn't try it again because small player bust all the time. Than said that Jarvis was an example why you don't draft small, that they are a done product at 21yo, etc. Jarvis had the same kind of rookie season than Nick Suzuki, dont see what's so bad about him anyway.

I don't know probably Recrutes lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: habsfan891

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
If Jarvis is the rule, its not even that big of a gamble to pick Benson, you essentially pick a shoe-in 2nd liner with upside? Damn, he should probably go top 2.
Bingo. If he lines up behind Suzuki on the chart, so what?

Based on what I have seen, it is difficult to not like Benson.

His processor is remarkable and will serve him well in the NHL where time and space are in short supply. That’s his edge over most other forward talents in ‘23 from what I can see.

If Benson was 6’0, 175, he’d be churning the Top 4, jostling with Fantilli and Leo.

Every team wants skill and engineering at high pace. Habs need it.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

If he only had a tiny bit more oomph to his skating he'd probably be an easy top 8 pick. Too bad he's been kinda cursed with the heavy feet syndrome. Still, there's a lot to love there, his hands are real smooth and his wrister is pretty darn solid. Villardi has had a solid season with the Kings and these two are pretty comparable IMO.

Reactions: Habsrule

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If he only had a tiny bit more oomph to his skating he'd probably be an easy top 8 pick. Too bad he's been kinda cursed with the heavy feet syndrome. Still, there's a lot to love there, his hands are real smooth and his wrister is pretty darn solid.

I do think that as he scales up his offensive will look more 3rd liner-ish.. I prefer Heidt.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Lot of talk about the Fla pick being on the move.

Might be.

But what about Hughes and the pursuit of a 3rd first-rounder?

Hard to imagine that want has died on the vine.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lot of talk about the Fla pick being on the move.

Might be.

But what about Hughes and the pursuit of a 3rd first-rounder?

Hard to imagine that want has died on the vine.

Gotta be Josh Anderson

Adding Benson and Leonard would fit exactly the identity I want our team to build around

Skills team that play at high pace with an excellent motor

Pretty hard to do unless the Florida pick wins the lottery and moves close to our current pick.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
40C8925F-EF49-4BE9-8B71-3DAD94312A2A.jpeg

I think I'm not touching the simulator anymore !

1st shot today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad