Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Potential Selection Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Is Musty that much of a riser? To be honest I rather have Stramel, what would you say is the thing that’s causing Musty to rise and keeping Stramel lower?

Production.
Production, yes, though it's much easier in the OHL vs. NCAA.

Musty has been fantastic since Derek McKenzie took over behind the Wolves bench. Renewed commitment all over the ice.

Also, Stramel is one of the oldest 1st time draft eligibile players as well, just missing out on last year's Draft. Almost a full year between he and Musty.

Reactions: francis246

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I usually go to mynhldraft.com as they update the draft order quite frequently based on current standings. From there I check who we're picking and the guys available after.
Screenshot_20230128-062920.png

It's early and I haven't watched too much tape on Dragicevic and those guys but based on the stats alone I'd be ecstatic with selecting Dragi.

The pre draft stats and scouting report for Koehn Ziemner also sound very encouraging
Koehn Ziemmer | Koehn Ziemmer Profile | Koehn Ziemmer Scouting Report 2023

horner

May 22, 2007
Now that we know we have a 1st rd pk
These are some of the players I hope are there when we pick.
Hrbal G
Bonk D
Gauthier C
Stramel RW

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
How come they don't do on ice testing at the scouting combine? They do it for the Top Prospects game but I'd like to see some of the on ice test results for more players and not just off ice tests results.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Because the NHL sucks the fun out of everything.
Yeah it sucks. Brzustewicz and Rehkopf from Kitchener are 2 names I started to watch a little bit since the top prospects game because I saw the results of the on ice tests and Brzustewicz tested 2nd overall out of everyone and Rehkopf tested 1st overall in one of the speed tests with the puck.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Now that we know we have a 1st rd pk
These are some of the players I hope are there when we pick.
Hrbal G
Bonk D
Gauthier C
Stramel RW
I'd have to say the last thing we need now is another goalie prospect. We finally seem to be well positioned with a number of solid prospects in the crease.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'd have to say the last thing we need now is another goalie prospect. We finally seem to be well positioned with a number of solid prospects in the crease.

We could use one, but all of the ones that are worthwhile are probably gone by the end of the 3rd round (Hrabal, Ratzlaff, Bjarnason, Fowler, Augustine, Hellnemo, Gajan, etc.) and I don't think there is a 1st round caliber prospect this year either.

So unless there is a faller, or we move down or get another pick somehow, we probably shouldn't force it either.

We could use one, but all of the ones that are worthwhile are probably gone by the end of the 3rd round (Hrabal, Ratzlaff, Bjarnason, Fowler, Augustine, Hellnemo, Gajan, etc.) and I don't think there is a 1st round caliber prospect this year either.

So unless there is a faller, or we move down or get another pick somehow, we probably shouldn't force it either.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yeah it sucks. Brzustewicz and Rehkopf from Kitchener are 2 names I started to watch a little bit since the top prospects game because I saw the results of the on ice tests and Brzustewicz tested 2nd overall out of everyone and Rehkopf tested 1st overall in one of the speed tests with the puck.

I was surprised MacKinnon and Pharand did so well. MacKinnon wasn't rated as a bad skater but he never really looked like a super fast guy either. In hindsight, I guess that skating is why he doesn't get beat very often, and he is not the type to go on one-man rushes very often so it is more subtle I guess.

Pharand especially surprised me though, because all of the reports leading up to it said he had heavy feat. Started watching him more and his skating is not consistent (sometimes he does look a little bit slow) but he can also turn on the jets... and considering he has size and plays a PWF game, he could go higher than his production suggests. I have him late 3rd right now, along with MacKinnon.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
with Boston's 1st I would probably be looking to move down to as has been Kyles MO, looking for a late 2nd or early 3rd or a 2nd for next year. unless someone drops.

Edit: let me make it clear move down to the first third of the 2nd round to get an extra 2nd/3rd or a 2nd next year

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

horner

May 22, 2007
with Boston's 1st I would probably be looking to move down to as has been Kyles MO, looking for a late 2nd or early 3rd or a 2nd for next year. unless someone drops.

Edit: let me make it clear move down to the first third of the 2nd round to get an extra 2nd/3rd or a 2nd next year
This yr is supposed to be one of the better drafts in yrs.

If we are trading back get an early 2 ND rd pk this yr .
+ a 4th rd pk

Stramel big Pwf RW
I know he loves to hit

Bonk D 6'1" 190 lbs Radek Bonk's
I have watched him play with the London Knight's love his game
He has some offence
Good skater
One of london top dman
Not overly physical but doesn't shy away from it

Ethan Gauther C son of Denis Gauther
Probably a 3rd line center in the NHL
Some offence
Tough
Had a great U18 tournament
Good size

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I was surprised MacKinnon and Pharand did so well. MacKinnon wasn't rated as a bad skater but he never really looked like a super fast guy either. In hindsight, I guess that skating is why he doesn't get beat very often, and he is not the type to go on one-man rushes very often so it is more subtle I guess.

Pharand especially surprised me though, because all of the reports leading up to it said he had heavy feat. Started watching him more and his skating is not consistent (sometimes he does look a little bit slow) but he can also turn on the jets... and considering he has size and plays a PWF game, he could go higher than his production suggests. I have him late 3rd right now, along with MacKinnon.
Yeah I had to double check to see if Nate had a brother after seeing that name up there. Pharand though surprised me and someone I never thought to check out until I saw those results which is perfect because he plays on the same team as Musty who I enjoy watching as well. Lardis looks like he's gonna be a fast riser especially since he got traded to Hamilton so I'm gonna have to check him out some more.

horner

May 22, 2007
Yeah I had to double check to see if Nate had a brother after seeing that name up there. Pharand though surprised me and someone I never thought to check out until I saw those results which is perfect because he plays on the same team as Musty who I enjoy watching as well. Lardis looks like he's gonna be a fast riser especially since he got traded to Hamilton so I'm gonna have to check him out some more.
He has had a couple of fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad