HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
Watching some of those highlights videos and that tweet, it's clear thar Leonard has his own skill and isn't a player who just goes to the net and taps in pucks on open nets, or gets hit by the puck, but rather sets up a play and finishes, or gets himself room and snipes it with what appears to be a very good shot.
I'm starting to warm up to him as well. I know I have more of a bias to the flash Smith brings, but watching more of Leonard's puck touches the last few days has me rethinking my personal picks @ 5. If he can find a way to make those cuts to the slot and get a shot off at the next level that would be amazing in itself.

Smith, Benson, or Leonard would get no complaints from me right now. I need to have some more looks at Dvorsky and Reinbacher, maybe I could come around to them as well. But they don't excite me as much as the other 3 at the moment.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Im all in for drafting Michkov even tho im pretty that he wont be available at 5 & I believe that he will come to N-A, but I just found out about philly Prospect Ivan Fedotov on Twitter. Can somebody is able to explain me what happen to him (Something about military service or idk) and is there any chance that it might happen with Michkov ?
I'm confused. What do your looks have to do with drafting Michkov?:sarcasm:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I’m seeing a lot of Ryan Leonard hype right now. Is that based on anything of substance? Have been too busy to really follow.

Recent Matthew Tkachuk hype mostly because people see similarities. Absolutely no indication Leonard has this kind of skill level, or anywhere close.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Legit question, how do M. Tkachuk and Leonard compare as DY prospects (no hindsight). Relatively similar team situation (elite linemates) and role. Leonard has better skating and shot but Tkachuk had better scoring touch in tight and playmaking. I'd give Tkachuk the nod based on production as well.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Legit question, how do M. Tkachuk and Leonard compare as DY prospects (no hindsight). Relatively similar team situation (elite linemates) and role. Leonard has better skating and shot but Tkachuk had better scoring touch in tight and playmaking. I'd give Tkachuk the nod based on production as well.

I'd say that's probably the right assessment and there's more dirtiness in what Tkachuk was doing then and now. Leonard plays physical but he's not a stickwork guy, or running over goalies and yapping at them.

Reactions: NekkiChiconey

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
He has a great skill level.. is he gonna score 100+ pts, probably not.. but nobody thought Matthew Tkachuk could either.

Tkachuk dominated the OHL and absolutely obliterated the playoffs with the Knights the year he got drafted. Leonard just not on the same level and if this is the guy the Habs have decided to draft you should be worried.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'd say that's probably the right assessment and there's more dirtiness in what Tkachuk was doing then and now. Leonard plays physical but he's not a stickwork guy, or running over goalies and yapping at them.

He's also 3-4 inches shorter. Tkachuk couldn't play his current game at 6ft 200lbs.

Reactions: Balthazar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad