Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
1686267712702.png

Reactions: SlafySZN

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Stephane Waite said at RDS that he watch the goalies of the 2023 draft and they are 3 goalie that he would like the Habs to consider in the 1-2nd round. In order of his preference they are:

1. Carson Bjarnarsson
2. Michael Hrabal
3. Alexander Hellnemo
Not surprising, Bjarnasson is already pretty strong technically and has the perfect frame for a goaltender. Hrabal is more unorthodox and will require much more refinement.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Seems like a solid target later.

Especially for the "Jesus Christ, we drafted Born"

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I see us taking two goalies. One of Hrabal / Bjarnasson, and an other one.

There will be some interesting names available in rounds 4 to 7.
Bjarnasson is my pick, if he's there at #69 we should be all over him

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Listening to elite prospects livestream replay. They're discussing why they have Leonard over Smith. I'm on the fence personally, but I wouldn't be surprised if NHL teams see it that way as well. If they see Leonard as a potential Iginla, he's going top 5.
I’d imagine the majority of GMs have Leonard ahead of Smith. Just the reality of the NHL and what organizations value.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What about Hellnemo ?

I don't really rank overagers, a couple guys I will, so it would be 4th round or later for me.

Am I the only one who is high on Coulson Pitre with the 69th pick ?

@WeThreeKings said that he ask Anthony Martineau if they interview Hrabal and he said yes

I like Pitre, 3rd round is the right range for him.

Bjarnasson is my pick, if he's there at #69 we should be all over him

He will not escape the 2nd round.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Would you say historically (in the last 20~ years) Europeans are better value in the first round?

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Ridiculous blinders on by damn near everyone this year for this kid. Can't wait for everybody to collectively pretend that they wanted him. He's elite offensively, he's elite defensively, he's a workhorse. But he's one inch too short to be good.
oui.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ridiculous blinders on by damn near everyone this year for this kid. Can't wait for everybody to collectively pretend that they wanted him. He's elite offensively, he's elite defensively, he's a workhorse. But he's one inch too short to be good.

I have him at 7, I think he's a great prospect.. I just don't talk about him because there's no reason to believe the Habs are interested.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He is really good and is part of that 2nd tier, could pretty well end up as one of the best pts producers in this draft, but when comes time to build a winner, there is more than offensive production entering the equation and while Benson fills alot of boxe as a prospect, he remains an undersized foward with average skating, also got 2 serious injuries in the past 2 yrs, then you take a look at our fowards group or pipeline and he is just not a great fit. Its nothing against the kid, we all love him, but there are other really good players in this draft that fits the global picture better.

He will not escape the 2nd round.
Wont likely escape the 1st round I would bet, Habs might have to trade up if they really want him.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I agree. He should be in the conversation. But… that inch isn’t getting the five bell alarms in the scouting department. You know how it goes, just watch McCagg’s description of Leonard. That’s what gets the juices flowing.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He is really good and is part of that 2nd tier, could pretty well end up as one of the best pts producers in this draft, but when comes time to build a winner, there is more than offensive production entering the equation and while Benson fills alot of boxe as a prospect, he remains an undersized foward with average skating, also got 2 serious injuries in the past 2 yrs, then you take a look at our fowards group or pipeline and he is just not a great fit. Its nothing against the kid, we all love him, but there are other really good players in this draft that fits the global picture better.

Wont likely escape the 1st round I would bet, Habs might have to trade up if they really want him.

I don't think so.. Hrabal probably the only one who goes round 1, if at all.

Bjarnason is a good goalie prospect but he certainly didn't leave scouts with a fantastic taste in their mouths in his U-18s.

Fowler at a more convincing end to his year and coming up in big games.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I have him at 7, I think he's a great prospect.. I just don't talk about him because there's no reason to believe the Habs are interested.
Hughes as been talking about Leonard a lot today, seems to like him,
I hope he dosen't pick him at #5,
if he wants him we should go back a couple spots and get a 2nd rounder on top.

Reactions: habsfan891

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hughes as been talking about Leonard a lot today, seems to like him,
I hope he dosen't pick him at #5,
if he wants him we should go back a couple spots and get a 2nd rounder on top.

It doesn't seem like he'd be there.

Leonard in the top 5 like Gauthier the year before.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I think people are sleeping on the smartest player in the draft (Perreault). Always in the right place at the right time, I think he puts up 70-80 regularly in the NHL once he gets there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad