Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Part 2 (Who Do You Want To Draft At #2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Do You Want To Draft At #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I know Fantilli or Carlsson is likely but one player I really thought of often lately is Ryan Leonard. Especially when you listen to elitprospects video analysis. There is so much in there and I do believe he is a serious option, since he includes all Pat wants (like Fantilli) but with more edge and the underlying numbers are just outstanding.

This is what I mean

Plus

Last edited:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Somewhere among all the click bait I read, Fantilli made it clear he had no "unfinished business" at Michigan. He also made it clear he would talk to whoever drafted him as well as all his personal advisors and make the choice he felt was best for his development. And as has already been pointed out, he made his comment of being undecided before the lottery was held. Just covering his bases that he might not want to transfer to Arizona State next year.

After going around and around for a while I'm sticking with preferring Fantilli and expecting him to turn pro shortly after the draft.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Somewhere among all the click bait I read, Fantilli made it clear he had no "unfinished business" at Michigan. He also made it clear he would talk to whoever drafted him as well as all his personal advisors and make the choice he felt was best for his development. And as has already been pointed out, he made his comment of being undecided before the lottery was held. Just covering his bases that he might not want to transfer to Arizona State next year.

After going around and around for a while I'm sticking with preferring Fantilli and expecting him to turn pro shortly after the draft.
I don’t even think it’s covering bases in case something weird happens, overall it would just be incredibly presumptuous to declare you’re playing in the NHL the next season before you’ve even been drafted. It’s not entirely his decision and he alludes to that a lot when he talks.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Because we haven’t really drafted forward talent well out of the top 10 since like when, Rakell? The more darts the better, we need to hit on some later forward picks.
I'd rather use a 2nd to acquire a forward someone else has drafted and developed. If we ha e a poor track record there then the pick has more value as a trade asset...

Why would you be against it?
Because it would mean we either traded talent away or took on someone else's problem. Not interested in either.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I'd rather use a 2nd to acquire a forward someone else has drafted and developed. If we ha e a poor track record there then the pick has more value as a trade asset...
I mean that’s fair, I’m also open to that. I just don’t see a reason to say we have 3 2nds so we shouldn’t add another.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I mean that’s fair, I’m also open to that. I just don’t see a reason to say we have 3 2nds so we shouldn’t add another.
I mean if it's free sure take the pick. Generally though it would mean we traded someone away or took on a contract we probably don't want.

Reactions: ScarTroy

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Because it would mean we either traded talent away or took on someone else's problem. Not interested in either.
Newsflash: There isn't that much talent to trade away! The guys who are likely to go are Gibson (for much more than a 2nd hopefully), Comtois (a 2nd is probably right for him if they can get even that), and Henrique (at the TDL).

And other team's problems may not be the player's fault but the management blowing their cap numbers. I'd take a decent player that another team can't afford and a 2nd any day. Especially since we have so much cap room. Might as well use it for something.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I mean if it's free sure take the pick. Generally though it would mean we traded someone away or took on a contract we probably don't want.
Yah I would like to know the source too.. Last I heard his decision is based on the team that drafts him and how that team wants him to train and what not..

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Newsflash: There isn't that much talent to trade away! The guys who are likely to go are Gibson (for much more than a 2nd hopefully), Comtois (a 2nd is probably right for him if they can get even that), and Henrique (at the TDL).

And other team's problems may not be the player's fault but the management blowing their cap numbers. I'd take a decent player that another team can't afford and a 2nd any day. Especially since we have so much cap room. Might as well use it for something.
I'm not against players that fill our needs. Like a Forbot, or a Hall or some real top 6 forward. I just don't want other teams dumps. Casualties are different. I also don't have interest in moving Gibson. Rico at the tdl is a TDL decision. Won't affect this draft imo.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad