Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Part 2 (Who Do You Want To Draft At #2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Do You Want To Draft At #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Well one person was, they literally suggested trading Drysdale for a pick in this draft. But either way, it is just one person saying this so there’s no need by anyone to think it’s a whole movement.
Yes, you're right that one person did throw that out there as food for thought. But the size issue is something that PV will need to figure out. Does he want the kind of D that he helped create in TB (six monsters who can play punishing physical D) or can he live with building a SC contender which features two talented but very non-physical D who are 5'11" and 5'9"? I think we kinda already know the answer.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well one person was, they literally suggested trading Drysdale for a pick in this draft. But either way, it is just one person saying this so there’s no need by anyone to think it’s a whole movement.
That original comment was more joking because I think everyone here makes too big of a deal
On size of players…. Or the type of players pv drafts based off 1 draft years data.

And it just kinda became a discussion after.

I don’t think we should trade drysdale…. I think we should trade fowler

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Yes, you're right that one person did throw that out there as food for thought. But the size issue is something that PV will need to figure out. Does he want the kind of D that he helped create in TB (six monsters who can play punishing physical D) or can he live with building a SC contender which features two talented but very non-physical D who are 5'11" and 5'9"? I think we kinda already know the answer.
Regardless, right now is definitely not the time to trade either Drysdale or Zellweger. The draft a year from now might be a different story, though.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
That original comment was more joking because I think everyone here makes too big of a deal
On size of players…. Or the type of players pv drafts based off 1 draft years data.

And it just kinda became a discussion after.

I don’t think we should trade drysdale…. I think we should trade fowler
Oh I just misread that, my apologies.

And yes, everyone knows you want to trade Fowler lol

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Regardless, right now is definitely not the time to trade either Drysdale or Zellweger. The draft a year from now might be a different story, though.
I think there’s at least an argument to trading Zellweger right now. Obviously depends on what would come with it but coming off of the two junior years he’s had post draft and maybe even a Memorial Cup if things shake out right, his value might be quite high. Don’t think I’d do it but I see the argument.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Oh I just misread that, my apologies.

And yes, everyone knows you want to trade Fowler lol
Wouldn’t let me use the sarcasm emoji…. But then just kinda started a discussion, which seemed at least plausible.

Not saying I’d trade drysdale or even zellweger at this point, but if size matters to PV as much as some people here act like it does…. I don’t see a problem discussing trading under 6 players

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
If you believe toughness is a key to success, adding toughness is counterproductive to tanking. PV might see toughness as either irrelevant or important to success, based on literally everything about him and his VV identity as a player, it’s pretty obvious which is more likely.
friends

what is vv identity as a player mean?
im not familiar with verbeek as a player

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Just to provide the proper context...no one was talking about trading Drysdale this summer or anytime soon. The discussion started by simply pointing out that having Drysdale and Zellweger in a future top 4 situation would be extremely uncommon amongst teams that have had SC playoff success. Unless, of course, one of the two develops into a Makar level player.

It's pretty common knowledge parroted by some of the guys on the Prospects board that Mintyukov is the next Makar.

But now you guys want a second Makar? So greedy!! :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yes he is. That kid is a clone of Toews.
It’s one of those weird things where fantilli value is huge…. But it also doesn’t really make sense for other teams to trade that value for him.

Pasta for fantilli(assuming fantilli pans out) prob opens bostons window up for a few more seasons. Would suck to lose pasta but you’d have to cap space to sign bertuzzi and keep hall.

Ultimately I don’t see a situation where a team offers enough value + right value to warrant us moving him…. Unless of course there is a curve ball and we like someone outside fantilli/carlsson (highly unlikely but could happen I suppose)

Reactions: The don godfather

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Bruins fan here kinda wondering if you guys would trade your 2nd overall pick for pastarnak?
Why from both sides.You can be happy if any player at #2 becomes as good as Pasta. And fir the Ducks he would be a few years too old to fit it all.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Why are ducks fan not ecstatic that they replaced Getzlaf with winning 2nd overall?

Forgive me if you guys are, I never read any posts here , I just didn’t notice you guys on main boards.

Perhaps you guys are a composed bunch and don’t brag.

Cheers
Small fanbase, and also we didn't win 1OA, so it feels less worthy of bragging.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why are ducks fan not ecstatic that they replaced Getzlaf with winning 2nd overall?

Forgive me if you guys are, I never read any posts here , I just didn’t notice you guys on main boards.

Perhaps you guys are a composed bunch and don’t brag.

Cheers

Ducks fans are very humble . They were happy to just get a Top 3 pick, and even more excited winning the 2nd drawing. Fantilli which will most likely be the pick will really fill a need for our team.

hotcabbagesoup

Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Ducks fans are very humble . They were happy to just get a Top 3 pick, and even more excited winning the 2nd drawing. Fantilli which will most likely be the pick will really fill a need for our team.

Very humble.

You guys generally don't count your chickens before they hatch. Now Kings fans, they kept telling Sharks fans that Vilardi, Turcotte, Byfield were going to own the Sharks every single night for the foreseeable future and look how that turned out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad