Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Drysdale's already cut his teeth in the NHL. He earned a rookie of the month in the AHL as an 18-year old. He's the most known young defenseman we have and a RD to boot! You can't be counting on defensemen who haven't even reached the pro levels as actual NHL mainstays. RD's Andersson and Helleson are older than Drysdale, but both are stuck in the AHL still.

Completely agree, but if Anaheim can get another second round pick in the quiver as well as a first in 24 unprotected plus Rosen. Who’s a solid prospect from Buffalo. And a Swede. Anaheim does amazing with Swedes. Verbeek has to take the phone on that.

That’s what Buffalo fans are offering for Drysdale in the trade rumors thread.

That leaves Anaheim with 4 second round picks. And that’s your extra lotto ticket if Anaheim wants it in this draft. Then you got an extra first next year plus a good promising forward.

This roster is going to change whether we like it or not. Lots of moving pieces. And it makes sense why Verbeek is at a Moose Jaw game.

Brayden Yager has a skill set that definitely is worth a watch.

• Haha
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Completely agree, but if Anaheim can get another second round pick in the quiver as well as a first in 24 unprotected plus Rosen. Who’s a solid prospect from Buffalo. And a Swede. Anaheim does amazing with Swedes. Verbeek has to take the phone on that.

That’s what Buffalo fans are offering for Drysdale in the trade rumors thread.

That leaves Anaheim with 4 second round picks. And that’s your extra lotto ticket if Anaheim wants it in this draft. Then you got an extra first next year plus a good promising forward.

This roster is going to change whether we like it or not. Lots of moving pieces. And it makes sense why Verbeek is at a Moose Jaw game.

Brayden Yager has a skill set that definitely is worth a watch.

We're a team lacking NHL defensive talent and you want to trade RD Drysdale for RW Rosen, a 2023 2nd rd pick and a 2024 first rd pick? Buffalo will be more of a playoff team next year and that 1st round pick will be a later first round pick, like in the 20s.

RW Rosen's D+2, AHL 2022-23: 30 games, 3g + 13a = 16 pts, -8​
RD Drysdale's D+1, AHL 2020-21: 14 games, 4g + 6a = 10 pts, +1​

IMO, that's a bad trade and the Ducks lose yet another defensive talent. That's working backwards than forwards. You know who's a solid prospect from Buffalo? Kulich. D+1 AHL: 29 games, 7g + 10a = 17 pts, -4. Not bad for an 18-year old in the AHL.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
We're a team lacking NHL defensive talent and you want to trade RD Drysdale for RW Rosen, a 2023 2nd rd pick and a 2024 first rd pick? Buffalo will be more of a playoff team next year and that 1st round pick will be a later first round pick, like in the 20s.

RW Rosen's D+2, AHL 2022-23: 30 games, 3g + 13a = 16 pts, -8​
RD Drysdale's D+1, AHL 2020-21: 14 games, 4g + 6a = 10 pts, +1​

IMO, that's a bad trade and the Ducks lose yet another defensive talent. That's working backwards than forwards. You know who's a solid prospect from Buffalo? Kulich. D+1 AHL: 29 games, 7g + 10a = 17 pts, -4. Not bad for an 18-year old in the AHL.

Anaheim has 3 defenseman transitioning to the AHL soon. Mintyukov, Hinds, Zellweger. Anaheim is absolutely loaded with defensive talent. And Anaheim has plenty of money to spend in the off season.

If they want to sign a Klingberg type of contract to a defenseman they can. But I’m looking at this draft and it makes sense why Verbeek is looking this far low on the draft board. Anaheim will never see a 6 overall pick with Brayden Yager per the draft board. This is Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli race

He’s definitely looking at talent that he’s interested in acquiring from a trade.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I agree with this. Especially considering political entanglements. The kid might not leave Russia for a long time.

I know it's blasphemy here, but I hope we end up with Carlsson actually. I don't want to see Z moved to wing for a 5' 9" puck hog at center. Go ahead, rain the hate. It's what I'm hoping for though. Of course if we do get Bedard, I'd probably end up changing my tune eventually.
I’d actually put Bedard at wing. Probably with Mctavish. People lose their mind over who is center and who wing and it becomes less and less important each year. It’s just really tough to be such a small center and Bedard is great in space.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Anaheim has 3 defenseman transitioning to the AHL soon. Mintyukov, Hinds, Zellweger. Anaheim is absolutely loaded with defensive talent. And Anaheim has plenty of money to spend in the off season.

If they want to sign a Klingberg type of contract to a defenseman they can. But I’m looking at this draft and it makes sense why Verbeek is looking this far low on the draft board. Anaheim will never see a 6 overall pick with Brayden Yager per the draft board. This is Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli race

He’s definitely looking at talent that he’s interested in acquiring from a trade.
There’s no guarantee any of those guys ever hit where Drysdale is at and Drysdale perfect matches our young core age range. No way we move him unless it is part of a package to get a significantly better player that is super young like Bedard but that would never happen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Got a feeling it’s for another lottery pick. Wouldn’t be shocked if Drysdale is traded at the deadline with this amount of prospects in our pool of defenseman already.

Atleast we know Verbeek is working. He may go all in for this draft. I would

Idk why anyone suggest drysdale being traded that’s dumb.

We have no clue of any of our d prospects will pan out at least drysdale already showed nhl talent

I think If we add another 1st, you could see us package that together with a 2nd or 2, and move up(sharks traded 11th for 27th , 34 and 42)…. I think the opposite move makes sense for us moving 3 picks to grab a guy like benson or yager. Just depends what type of assets we have by draft day.

I’d aim at Pitt Edmonton Colorado capitals flames picks, as they all seem like teams that will be willing to make moves for playoff pushes… but pick should stick around 20.

Move #20 + our 2nd + a late 2nd/early 3rd. A team that is fresh starting a rebuild may want my draft picks so teams like Canucks/flyers/blues

Last edited:

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Got a feeling it’s for another lottery pick. Wouldn’t be shocked if Drysdale is traded at the deadline with this amount of prospects in our pool of defenseman already.

Atleast we know Verbeek is working. He may go all in for this draft. I would

My daily reminder to be thankful you are not GM.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Idk why anyone suggest drysdale being traded that’s dumb.

We have no clue of any of our d prospects will pan out at least drysdale already showed nhl talent

I think If we add another 1st, you could see us package that together with a 2nd or 2, and move up(sharks traded 11th for 27th , 34 and 42)…. I think the opposite move makes sense for us moving 3 picks to grab a guy like benson or yager. Just depends what type of assets we have by draft day.

I’d aim at Pitt Edmonton Colorado capitals flames picks, as they all seem like teams that will be willing to make moves for playoff pushes… but pick should stick around 20.

Move #20 + our 2nd + a late 2nd/early 3rd. A team that is fresh starting a rebuild may want my draft picks so teams like Canucks/flyers/blues

Was seeing the offers by Buffalo. And that’s just one team. It came with Josen and a 2nd on 23 plus a un protected 24’ first.

The defenseman available are expensive this deadline. You have Karlsson with a massive contract, and Chychrun. No other team has a trading piece in the defenseman department. And the contracts are huge, and the value is massive.

With the d corps being so bleak this deadline? I would imagine teams would be lining up at the door with massive offers if Drysdale became available.

That’s all I was merely suggesting. Verbeek would Atleast listen when the deadline gets into a frenzy

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Was seeing the offers by Buffalo. And that’s just one team. It came with Josen and a 2nd on 23 plus a un protected 24’ first. That’s just with one team.

The defenseman available are expensive this deadline. You have Karlsson with a massive contract, and Chychrun. No other team has a trading piece in the defenseman department. And the contracts are huge, and the value is massive.

With the d corps being so bleak this deadline? I would imagine teams would be lining up at the door with massive offers if Drysdale became available.

That’s all I was merely suggesting. Verbeek would Atleast listen when the deadline gets into a frenzy
I don’t think he’d listen at all on drysdale, dmen are a premium seems like a terrible reason to trade a top young dmen away

Reactions: goonsaredumb

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
I don’t think he’d listen at all on drysdale, dmen are a premium seems like a terrible reason to trade a top young dmen away

We have to see what’s being offered. Sharks want two firsts and plus for only 18% retained for Karlsson. Same with Chyhcrun from the Coyotes. It’s that type of ball park.

Huge payment for either one of em. Can’t imagine Verbeek not taking a phone call when he has the upper hand in the defenseman market. Everyone would over spend that for Drysdale.

Just a thought ❤️

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We have to see what’s being offered. Sharks want two firsts and plus for only 18% retained for Karlsson. Same with Chyhcrun from the Coyotes. It’s that type of ball park.

Huge payment for either one of em. Can’t imagine Verbeek not taking a phone call when he has the upper hand in the defenseman market. Everyone would over spend that for Drysdale.

Just a thought ❤️
Ya why would they want 2 late 1sts and an average prospect for a top cost controlled dmen lol

Verbeek ain’t listening on drysdale unless he thinks he has no potential, which he doesn’t

Reactions: Hollel

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Ya why would they want 2 late 1sts and an average prospect for a top cost controlled dmen lol

Verbeek ain’t listening on drysdale unless he thinks he has no potential, which he doesn’t

We’ll see. The bidding wars get intense during the deadline we all know that. Florida overpaid for Chiarot. It’s going to be interesting to say the least.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

where's the logic in thinking the AHL team will be getting more defensemen so let's trade a NHL defensemen...

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
where's the logic in thinking the AHL team will be getting more defensemen so let's trade a NHL defensemen...

Pricing? If the asking price is two first rounders plus for Karlsson and only 18% retained. Then Coyotes wanting two firsts for Chychrun and it’s being portrayed as “non negotiable”.

Why wouldn’t Anaheim jump in and see what the market has to offer. We all like Drysdale, but I would take a phone call if teams don’t want to take on their contracts.

Both those players are extremely expensive on their contracts alone, and yet that’s still the price.

What are teams offering up on a cost controlled defenseman. It’s going to be more…..

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I’d actually put Bedard at wing. Probably with Mctavish. People lose their mind over who is center and who wing and it becomes less and less important each year. It’s just really tough to be such a small center and Bedard is great in space.
I would like this, I think it would be ideal actually. I'm just worried Bedard will insist on playing center to get more money.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Pricing? If the asking price is two first rounders plus for Karlsson and only 18% retained. Then Coyotes wanting two firsts for Chychrun and it’s being portrayed as “non negotiable”.

Why wouldn’t Anaheim jump in and see what the market has to offer. We all like Drysdale, but I would take a phone call if teams don’t want to take on their contracts.

Both those players are extremely expensive on their contracts alone, and yet that’s still the price.

What are teams offering up on a cost controlled defenseman. It’s going to be more…..

So then why not just sell fowler? Lol why would you pick the young cost controller guy

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Why don’t we trade a second, a first, and a mid first calibre prospect for another young nhl player of drysdales calibre if that’s the cost?

Reactions: pbgoalie

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
So then why not just sell fowler? Lol why would you pick the young cost controller guy

Buffalo doesn’t want Fowler. Also they were asking for a offensive d man with upside. And the money doesn’t work for their cap with Fowler.

The age group worked for their needs, and the insane prices right now should have Verbeeks ear. Three first round picks for Karlsson at only 18%? And he’s old with a horrible contract.

Imagine what Drysdale would be offered with this intense defenseman market of availability.

Edit: I’m referring to what’s on the trade boards. And everyone discussing things. Not this specific thread. I just wanted to clarify.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

This logic is so backwards. Why not trade Zegras and McTavish while we’re at it? We could get a huge return for them. Maybe even get picks that could become half as good as them!

Your reasoning is just the family guy “mystery box “ joke.

You’re also trying to compare drysdale to two proven nhlers, one of which has been a top tier elite player for most of his career.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Why don’t we trade a second, a first, and a mid first calibre prospect for another young nhl player of drysdales calibre if that’s the cost?
trade klingberg for a first and then send that package over to them devils for nemac.

then we trade henrique and whatever for someones first and then we send that first and next years 2nd and third to the coyotes for logan cooley.

dynasty incoming.

Reactions: dracom and Boo Boo

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Buffalo doesn’t want Fowler. Also they were asking for a offensive d man with upside. And the money doesn’t work for their cap with Fowler.

The age group worked for their needs, and the insane prices right now should have Verbeeks ear. Three first round picks for Karlsson at only 18%? And he’s old with a horrible contract.

Imagine what Drysdale would be offered with this intense defenseman market of availability.

Edit: I’m referring to what’s on the trade boards. And everyone discussing things. Not this specific thread. I just wanted to clarify.
Ducks only need futures so anything in return would need to help build our young core with high end talent and no one is trading young talent that is better than drysdale. The top teams don’t have those talents and the bottom teams don’t want to downgrade their core, just like how we don’t want to downgrade our core with 3 lesser parts. Only way I could see it happening is if a top team had a crazy good young talent that they would be willing to part with but those don’t exist. Even a 5oa type asset is a huge risk for the ducks since we have a proven commodity and a great young core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad