Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
This logic is so backwards. Why not trade Zegras and McTavish while we’re at it? We could get a huge return for them. Maybe even get picks that could become half as good as them!

Your reasoning is just the family guy “mystery box “ joke.

You’re also trying to compare drysdale to two proven nhlers, one of which has been a top tier elite player for most of his career.

Buffalo fans offered Quinn, and a 24’ first.

Quinn makes a lot of sense for Zegras and Terry.

Obviously it’s fan talk, but the price is high

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Jack Quinn? The RW with 7 goals and 12 assists? literally the last thing we need. I thought the whole point of trading Drysdale was to get another first for this years draft? you'd be completley gutting the defense for a forward we don't need while we hope the defensemen in the AHL become anything in like 2-4 years down the line.

the idea of trading Drysdale right now is about as insane as trading our 1st.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Jack Quinn? The RW with 7 goals and 12 assists? literally the last thing we need. I thought the whole point of trading Drysdale was to get another first for this years draft? you'd be completley gutting the defense for a forward we don't need while we hope the defensemen in the AHL become anything in like 2-4 years down the line.

the idea of trading Drysdale right now is about as insane as trading our 1st.

Quinn crashes the net. 19 points in 38 games. Solid winger that can help Zegras. Same draft year as Drysdale also. And you got a first in 24’ un protected. “Negotiations”

That’s just from one team, if that name ever came available. You’ll see huge offers.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Quinn crashes the net. 19 points in 38 games. Solid winger that can help Zegras. Same draft year as Drysdale also. And you got a first in 24’ un protected.

That’s just from one team, if that name ever came available. You’ll see huge offers.

again, he's a player we do not need. We need a player like Drysdale right now. plus most sabres fans were not in favor of your proposal anyway. Drysdale is not being traded any time soon. I really don't understand your fascination with trading what we currently have for lottery picks in hope those picks turn out to be close to what we have now.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
again, he's a player we do not need. We need a player like Drysdale right now. plus most sabres fans were not in favor of your proposal anyway. Drysdale is not being traded any time soon. I really don't understand your fascination with trading what we currently have for lottery picks in hope those picks turn out to be close to what we have now.

Last in the league for goals, last in the league for shots for, and the stats go on and on. Quinn and our first can definitely change the top 6 of what we have.

Quinn
Bedard
Brayden Yager

Anaheim moves it’s seconds to get Zegras and McTavish help.

That’s the reasoning behind it.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Lots of people are selling low on Michkov. I personally think he could be top 3

Last in the league for goals, last in the league for shots for, and the stats go on and on. Quinn and our first can definitely change the top 6 of what we have.

Quinn
Bedard
Brayden Yager

I’m all for scouting and acquiring more picks, but trading Drysdale is such a backwards move

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Quinn
Bedard
Brayden Yager

so we lose games 8-5 cause we have no defense besides Fowler and what Beniot? cool, we get more goals and more shots; but will give up more shots than we already do and we'll continue to lose games. No reason to strip the defense down by moving Dry for a forward we do not need and a mystery box.

I don't know what help you expect to get with just 3 seconds this year and 2 next year; but I guarantee it's not going to be anyone that impactful or anyone who fits in the with young core moving forward.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Lots of people are selling low on Michkov. I personally think he could be top 3
i don't know if people out doubting his skills or anything, but there's just so much uncertainty with him playing in Russia and shit. Frankly I rather not use a top pick on him and have to wait years to just see if he might be allowed to join the NHL.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
i don't know if people out doubting his skills or anything, but there's just so much uncertainty with him playing in Russia and shit. Frankly I rather not use a top pick on him and have to wait years to just see if he might be allowed to join the NHL.
Worst case scenario Russia never lets Michkov leave. For example the Kremlin could suddenly show him a paper saying he's been drafted to serve in the military if he tries to leave. They could also pressure him to sign another extension with his KHL team too.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Just going to throw this out there, are you saying Buffalo fans offered?

If you are just talking fan speculation that’s more than fine but you need to site a source when referring to the team that made an offer.

I’m only asking because you said in the main trade forum, Buffalo as in the team offered Quinn. Just trying to get the facts correct here.

Thanks.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Of course they did

a middle to late 1st and a middle 6 winger for a top young RHD in the league? Theyd prob give you a couple more pieces too and feel confidnet they won that trade.

Its very dumb to move drysdale

Reactions: lwvs84 and Deuce22

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I check out for a few days and ya'll start talking about trading Drysdale? I know it's been a long season, but holy shit lol

Reactions: Hollel

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I check out for a few days and ya'll start talking about trading Drysdale? I know it's been a long season, but holy shit lol
Its literally 1 poster lol... everyone else thinks hes out of his mind.

Only way i trade drysdale is if were getting a similar aged dmen with higher upside (not happening, so were keeping drysdale)

Reactions: MCB

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Its literally 1 poster lol... everyone else thinks hes out of his mind.

Only way i trade drysdale is if were getting a similar aged dmen with higher upside (not happening, so were keeping drysdale)
Sure, but the post was being treated as if it should've been addressed at all. That's what I found perplexing.

FlyingV09

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
It makes me chuckle to see the value 2nd round picks seem to have on here…..I believe it’s something like a 15% chance that a player drafted in the 2nd round will play more than 200 games in the NHL. They’re not going to tilt the scale when trading for bonafide NHL talent….IMO

Reactions: robbieboy3686

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
It makes me chuckle to see the value 2nd round picks seem to have on here…..I believe it’s something like a 15% chance that a player drafted in the 2nd round will play more than 200 games in the NHL. They’re not going to tilt the scale when trading for bonafide NHL talent….IMO

Especially when we have all kinds of prospect depth, a top 3 pick, three second rounders and two thirds already. Zero desire to go chasing second rounders at the expense of key players

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
That's sarcasm. The poster is replying to a chain of messages where another poster wants to trade Drysdale for a late 1st in 2024 + some spare parts. So if that's all a good, young player costs, then we should be in on that. No, trading Cooley doesn't make any sense for the Coyotes, just like it doesn't make sense for the Ducks to trade Drysdale.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
This somehow managed to slip through the cracks on this thread

Interesting to see just how close 2-4 are and the different opinions.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
if they end up with pick #2 i'd prefer carlsson over fantilli
Honest question, I haven't heard much about Carlsson and all the hype seems to be around Fantilli, why would you want Carlsson? Or rather, I guess what does he bring over Fantilli? I've seen some highlight clips of both, but it's tough to get a comparison from those. Between working 3 jobs and getting ready to move, I haven't had much time to read up on those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad