2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
359961CD-9D50-49E0-910B-29D63F97A7F6.jpeg

I did go a bit hard on RD but towards the end i think they might’ve been BPA. Also 2Gs and took But over Musty which I’m not sure Buffalo would.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
View attachment 713992

I did go a bit hard on RD but towards the end i think they might’ve been BPA. Also 2Gs and took But over Musty which I’m not sure Buffalo would.
Those mock draft sites are fun, but their rankings haven't been updated in forever. No way But lasts to 45. I think he'll go around the middle of round 1.

I can't wait for the rankings to be updated because those are fun sites to play around with.

Reactions: Zman5778

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Browsing Pronman's list, Juraj Pekarcik is up to 43. Was hoping he'd be a target in the 3rd, but he should be in consideration at 45. Big good skater with compete, kind of buried in a men's league but flashed at U18s. Super late birthday, would be a nice player to develop slowly behind our current forward prospect wave.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Those mock draft sites are fun, but their rankings haven't been updated in forever. No way But lasts to 45. I think he'll go around the middle of round 1.

I can't wait for the rankings to be updated because those are fun sites to play around with.
The draft is so random that you never know.

12 months ago, people would have said "no way Kulich last until 28!" after someone posted a mock draft machine outcome with Savoie, Ostlund, and Kulich being the 3 Sabres 1st rounders.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
The draft is so random that you never know.

12 months ago, people would have said "no way Kulich last until 28!" after someone posted a mock draft machine outcome with Savoie, Ostlund, and Kulich being the 3 Sabres 1st rounders.
Yup!

That's what makes them fun! At least to me. You can rationalize almost anything. :D

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Nice to see so many on the Simashev train, unfortunately I think he’s not on everybody’s radar. He was thought of just a month or two ago as a reach for 13 and now I’m having doubts he’ll be available.

Reactions: Tachycineta

Sabres

Jan 15, 2017
Buffalo, NY
All in on Simashev, Moore and Wood, in that order, at 13. Would be hyped for any of those 3.

Obviously if Michkov slides do what it takes to get him. Imagine adding Kaprizov on an ELC to this team in 2-3 years when we’re a contender, that’s how you win multiple cups

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

13. Buffalo: Danil But, LW, Yaroslavl Jr. (RUSSIA-JR.)​

The Sabres under Kevyn Adams have shown a willingess to draft Russians. At No. 13 they may be sitting in a position where the best players available are Russian in But or Simashev. But would complement their group of young forwards very well with the degree of offensive talent he has in a 6-foot-5 frame.

All the Russians to Buffalo!

Draftee people will love it. People wondering when the team on the ice is getting better will probably be wondering when.
Peters and Rivet will lose it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

All the Russians to Buffalo!

I wonder if this stuff has any bearing in reality - is there actual talk that Buffalo is dipping back into the Russian draftable players or is this just extrapolating? It kind of reminds me of the stuff with someone like Oleksiak because they already had Myers and so... tall. It was because of someone being tall.

Peters and Rivet will lose it.

That is their schtick.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
I wonder if this stuff has any bearing in reality - is there actual talk that Buffalo is dipping back into the Russian draftable players or is this just extrapolating? It kind of reminds me of the stuff with someone like Oleksiak because they already had Myers and so... tall. It was because of someone being tall.
Are you suggesting that a writer might take a short cut? On a speculative article? When he has a deadline to meet?

Gotta make the donuts.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
One of the challenges with projecting the Sabres pick for me is the fact that there are a variety of trends you can see with their picks, especially early picks.

One interesting trend has been that they have not taken a USNTDP player since Adams took over (Samuelsson is their last USNTDP pick).

And the Sabres have only taken 3 USNTDP players ever (Samuelsson, Compher, and Malone).

They have leaned Euro heavy in the first two rounds since Adams took over (7 Euros vs 3 NAs). But, those 3 NAs have been their first pick each draft.

The Sabres are certainly not afraid to take a Russian. But, they have also waited until the 2nd round onward to take them, so far.

Given all the trends (adding in that they have liked players with good U18 performances), I wonder if Matthew Wood might be one of those high probability guys for the Sabres at 13.

Looking at stuff, I wonder if Otto Stenberg is a guy they like in the 2nd round.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

That is their schtick.
A lot of folks are mock drafting Sale to Buffalo because Kulich is already there :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad