2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Pretty much a perfect draft if this happens.
Musty was rated 42nd, Dvorak was rated 68th, Cleveland was rated 100th, Levis was rated 116th, Dej was rated 174th.

BFA088A9-FBFA-4BE5-9BEF-4132A010FEB1.png

Reactions: Fjordy

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m betting on picking BPA at 13 and trading up to the end of round 1 to grab a faller they like. They moved up for Peterka and tried 7 times to move up for Kulich…so they’re not afraid to do it if they love a prospect (both those players they identified correctly btw). Plus…they have taken so many draft picks the last two years they already have more than an extra draft’s worth...so picks aren’t needed to fill out the depth of the pool by any means. Especially after signing Johnson and getting the Russians signed.

So my new scenario is draft at 13 and then sit back and see who falls past 25. Maybe Willander is there at 13 and But slips to late 1….and they move on him. Or they like Musty and he’s there in the last part of the round. Or Brindley or who knows who they might like that they think is taking a Kulich dive from where they have him. Or it’s a forward at 13 and they want to get ahead of the second wave of D.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like Fowler too, and wouldn't hate seeing the Sabre pursue Suchanek later if Fowler is gone.

There should be an opportunity to pick a goalie for system depth somewhere in the middle rounds who they can stash for a number of years. This draft has a bunch of good ones, at least compared to a few of the recent years where it seems like the talent has been thin and selections perhaps forced.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I like Fowler too, and wouldn't hate seeing the Sabre pursue Suchanek later if Fowler is gone.
There should be an opportunity to pick a goalie for system depth somewhere in the middle rounds who they can stash for a number of years. This draft has a bunch of good ones, at least compared to a few of the recent years where it seems like the talent has been thin and selections perhaps forced.
Add Yegor Zavragin

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Pronman really talked up But on the latest athletic podcast. He ranked him 9 in his rankings (had us taking him at 13 in his latest mock) and said some teams (or scouts maybe…it was late) have him ranked as a top 8 (or even a bit higher) player in the draft.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Anybody ever buy that report? I emailed them once and never heard back. I’ve been waiting for the Black Book to come out, in my mind nothing compares to that one.
I like the ep rinkside draft guide personally. I’ve gotten the black book, and the two are similar. I like the way ep ties the game reports directly to the player over view, and I really appreciate the little dash of data they splash. They aren’t data obsessed. They had Lambert really high last year despite his pedestrian numbers. But they do look at fat to round out a report. Plus you can see some of their deliberation on YouTube. The one negative about them, and this may not be fair, they’re almost all pretty young, which inherently makes them lacking some in wisdom, but this is minor.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad