GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Chicago dumped anyone who was even decent
Anaheim lost their last 13 or 14 games
Columbus gets 3 points in their last 3 games to allow Ducks to pass them

Columbus gets screwed from getting either Bedard or Fantilli. Fans of other teams give the CBJ crap but never acknowledge that teams like Chicago, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Colorado, etc get very lucky and are able to slide into the #1 pick in a year when a generational talent is available and teams like Anaheim and Columbus always drop in those drafts. I assume its a coincidence, but I really do not know. It just sucks.

It's ok,. Rangers always end up getting the generational bust. I know how you feel.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
It's slightly less of a shit hole?
There were only 6 teams. 2 in Canada and while the 2 on the east coast weren’t overjoyed that Baltimore was the chosen spot. It was deemed the 6th best market.
Wirtz (Arthur M. Then Hawk owner and Jacobs Sr, were tight as they did hotel, booze and concessions work together.
Detroit ownership (Norris) had recently released (sold off) their ownership of Chicago and was also tight with Wirtz.
Wirtz owned the arena in St.Louis and the NBA team was relocating to Atlanta. He needed a tenant there and got Norris, Jacobs and Ballard to agree to vote for a switch.

Reactions: RogerRoger
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Mathematically, it is essentially impossible for teams 4-12 to remain in their order. If the media has any integrity, they will point this out. I'm not going to hold my breath, of course.
Either your math skills are impeccably bad, or you have no idea how the lottery works.

I'll be kind, assume the latter and explain.

Only one team wins the lottery. If any one of the top 3 teams win the lottery then position 4-16 remain intact.

Rather than impossible it is highly probable that position 4-16 will be drawn in exact order, in fact 50.5% of the time, this occurs.

1) Anaheim - 25.5% chance of winning
2) Columbus - 13.5% chance of winning
3) Chicago -11.5% chance of winning

That totals 50.5%.

It took me all of four attempts to have Chicago win the draft using a simulator, which results in this order.

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 8.51.53 PM.png

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
This might be the most corrupt thing that's ever happened in sports, besides the rigged World Series. The most ridiculous part is that it won't even be discussed. The league will just pretend it never happened. Just ridiculous
FIFA World Cup is the most corrupt thing in sports.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
not good for Bedard that his brand will be damaged playing for a team that covered up sexual assult.

Maybe he pulls a Lindros..................................

• Haha
Reactions: WangMustGo

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Chicago dumped anyone who was even decent
Anaheim lost their last 13 or 14 games
Columbus gets 3 points in their last 3 games to allow Ducks to pass them

Columbus gets screwed from getting either Bedard or Fantilli. Fans of other teams give the CBJ crap but never acknowledge that teams like Chicago, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Colorado, etc get very lucky and are able to slide into the #1 pick in a year when a generational talent is available and teams like Anaheim and Columbus always drop in those drafts. I assume its a coincidence, but I really do not know. It just sucks.
I think it speaks more volumes to how you were worse than us, but I guess sitting guys like Gavrikov and other trade bait pieces for months could have helped tank your way lower than us

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Just insanity. There’s not a single player on that team anywhere close to qualifying as a top-line forward or top-pair defense. They don’t even have a top-20 prospect pool. The NHL just f***ed Bedard to an unbelievable degree.
It's a rebuilding team and they can easily add top 6 forwards and top 4 D cap dumps or UFAs. Also kid has his entire career ahead of him, not just one season.

CJV123

Feb 4, 2010
Chicago had an 11.5% chance (115 out of 1000 combos) chance of winning #1.
Anaheim had a 20.9% chance (185/885 remaining combos) chance of winning #2

Any singular result would have a slim chance

Either your math skills are impeccably bad, or you have no idea how the lottery works.

I'll be kind, assume the latter and explain.

Only one team wins the lottery. If any one of the top 3 teams win the lottery then position 4-16 remain intact.

Rather than impossible it is highly probable that position 4-16 will be drawn in exact order, in fact 50.5% of the time, this occurs.

1) Anaheim - 25.5% chance of winning
2) Columbus - 13.5% chance of winning
3) Chicago -11.5% chance of winning

That totals 50.5%.

It took all of four attempts for Chicago to win the draft, which results in this order.

View attachment 705096

Thank you for explaining the rules, which had not been explained in what I read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad