GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Not true Chicago has many contracts coming off the books next season with an influx of picks that should challenge for roster spots, plus the hawks will have tons of cap to acquire players via trade and free agency.

I’d say 2-3 years Chicago could become a legitimate contender with the right moves.
In my Mocks the BlackHawks draft 4 Forwards a D-man and Goaltender in the first 2 rounds! They have 8 picks in the first 3 rounds and I'm sure they make some moves during the UFA season plus add some Europeans as bridge players. Chicago has a lot money coming off the books...Kane,Toews,Keith,Athanasiou while buying out TJohnson

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Belos

Dec 21, 2019
From Betman's standpoint, this result is an absolute no brainer.

1.One of your major markets is blacklisted in the minds of the people because of the nefarious stuffs that happened there in the recent past. How to solve that? Get them a Bedard, the shiniest thing you have to offer. The negative uproar will not last long because Bedard is projected to be The Next One. The Blackhawks issue is now on the way to be solved. Think Dubai and the well documented exploitation of builders to an extreme degree. Even if you know about it, you prefer not to think about it because hey, at least you're not touched directly and its Dubai( glamour, money etc). Its just human nature.

2. Him going to Chicago will make major waves(its already trending everywhere). Any publicity to a certain degree is good publicity. Especially if you can bill Bedard as some superhero savior of some sort.

From a pure entertainment standpoint, Michael Jordan was drafted by the coked a** Bulls, Lebron to the bottom of the barrel Cavs. Bedard started with the lowly Pats and now the absolute dumpster fire Blackhawks. Pressure, hardships, traumas make the finest of diamonds. Is he truly The Next? Cuz guy arc is definitely looking the part as of now.

Reactions: nucks88

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
The reality is that the draft lottery wasn't rigged. Hawks had the second best odds.

The issue was that they shouldn't have had a pick in the first place.
How did they have the second best odds?

No disagreement on the pick part.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The reality is that the draft lottery wasn't rigged. Hawks had the second best odds.

The issue was that they shouldn't have had a pick in the first place.
ding ding.

Franchises lose picks all the time in other sports, and in way less embarrassing ways than covering up a felony type incident. The NHL should have been better here and they weren't, and now we'll all be dealing with that for the next 7-10 years.

Reactions: nucks88

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
From Betman's standpoint, this result is an absolute no brainer.

1.One of your major markets is blacklisted in the minds of the people because of the nefarious stuffs that happened there in the recent past. How to solve that? Get them a Bedard, the shiniest thing you have to offer. The negative uproar will not last long because Bedard is projected to be The Next One. The Blackhawks issue is now on the way to be solved. Think Dubai and the well documented exploitation of builders to an extreme degree. Even if you know about it, you prefer not to think about it because hey, at least you're not touched directly and its Dubai( glamour, money etc). Its just human nature.

2. Him going to Chicago will make major waves(its already trending everywhere). Any publicity to a certain degree is good publicity. Especially if you can bill Bedard as some superhero savior of some sort.

From a pure entertainment standpoint, Michael Jordan was drafted by the coked a** Bulls, Lebron to the bottom of the barrel Cavs. Bedard started with the lowly Pats and now the absolute dumpster fire Blackhawks. Pressure, hardships, traumas make the finest of diamonds. Is he truly The Next? Cuz guy arc is definitely looking the part as of now.
Michal Jordan legendary Hurricanes defenseman.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Its rigged sometimes and in this case it was rigged for sure
1683595720807.png

• Haha
Reactions: Jeune Poulet

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
As a lifelong Hawk fan I love the bitterness of this thread.
To those who think it’s fixed the bonding company’s value is similar to the NHL’s value.
They don’t risk future billions in business to help out Bettman.
That's why there's no NHL team in Baltimore. Gotcha.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
I don't know about the rigged accusations, but I will tell you being a Jackets fan that there was not a doubt in my mind that they were not going to let Bedard go to Columbus. It's so depressing being a Jackets fan.

Sharks fans feel your pain. Still no #1 pick in the history of the franchise. One loss/one Toews blown goal away from landing Bedard.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Always nice to reward a team like Chicago.

I don't think it was necessarily rigged, but boy, do I understand those who think it is

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
It's not rigged. Why would the NHL rig a bunch of drafts in favor of the Oilers?
They haven't all been rigged I believe...Bettman learned from the NBA during his time there that the NHL needs to have strong teams in the biggest centers...so naturally you try to put the best potential rising Stars in those centers that's all,with the hope they become good/great teams while getting more publicity and TV money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad