GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’m glad he’s in the Western Conference.

But simply for the chaos it would bring I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing a sign and trade agreement of Matthews for Bedard. Chicago gets a superstar. Toronto gambles in trying to shake things up on a projected generational talent.

It would make for absolute insanity in offseason debates and I’d have a giant bowl of popcorn waiting.

Or just wait to potentially sign him for a deal the Leafs can’t give. **don’t know why I said offersheet

Unlikely but more realistic than trading Bedard for him imo

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
It’s a tremendous test or his character- play for an organization that covered up abuse, or reward it?

You’re speaking as an individual who has probably lived at least 30 years of adulthood. This dude was in junior high a few years ago. There is no negative test of his character when it comes to being drafted first and beginning to live out your dream.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Maybe because it would have been nice if the gods punished them in some way for the Beach incident. On a more practical level, they shouldn’t have had Kane but were gifted that and it helped them win three cups. The universe has been nice enough to that franchise in the last 15-ish years.
Yeah, they already broke their streak numerous times over. There was no reason for fate to give them a gift so soon after being exposed as... less than moral.

Jefe302

Oct 17, 2014
Why... seriously, why would Chicago ever do that? Just on age and contract alone....
There is no logical reason. As I said simply for the Chaos it would bring I wouldn’t mind watching that scenario play out.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Maybe because it would have been nice if the gods punished them in some way for the Beach incident. On a more practical level, they shouldn’t have had Kane but were gifted that and it helped them win three cups. The universe has been nice enough to that franchise in the last 15-ish years.
I will admit I do pray to god when I look at my own lottery numbers.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Not true Chicago has many contracts coming off the books next season with an influx of picks that should challenge for roster spots, plus the hawks will have tons of cap to acquire players via trade and free agency.

I’d say 2-3 years Chicago could become a legitimate contender with the right moves.
Anything is possible, though unlikely.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
There is no logical reason. As I said simply for the Chaos it would bring I wouldn’t mind watching that scenario play out.
I mean I guess if I were a Leafs fan I wouldn't mind either, punting on a guy who can't seem to get it done for one that has a blank slate and can be cost controlled.

It's just an insane fantasy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
As a Ducks fan disappointed, but picking 2nd in this draft will really help the franchise, as we already have Zegras, Drysdale, McTavish, and Terry.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Really unfortunate that shit hole of an organization/city was rewarded with Bedard. Sad, sad day for the NHL

Just so happens that the year those scumbags lose Toews and Kane, they're rewarded with Bedard. Tell me it's rigged without telling me it's rigged.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
As a Ducks fan disappointed, but picking 2nd in this draft will really help the franchise, as we already have Zegras, Drysdale, McTavish, and Terry.

Definitely helps a ton. Will be a very fun team to follow.

But man it sucks that Bedard won’t be with that core. Would’ve been incredible to see a player of his talent grow with that high potential coming up core

Instead we have to see him in a much less exciting one to say the least.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Really unfortunate that shit hole of an organization/city was rewarded with Bedard. Sad, sad day for the NHL

Just so happens that the year those scumbags lose Toews and Kane, they're rewarded with Bedard. Tell me it's rigged without telling me it's rigged.
Yeah, amazing that a team who's talent was aging or dealt away was finishing low in the standings! So rigged!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Definitely helps a ton. Will be a very fun team to follow.

But man it sucks that Bedard won’t be with that core. Would’ve been incredible to see a player of his talent grow with that high potential coming up core

Instead we have to see him in a much less exciting one to say the least.

Ducks D prospects are also stacked. Just hope we can start turning the ship next season. This past season was brutal. But Eakins is gone, 2ndOA, things looking up.

Reactions: Taluss

bergeronsboys

Jan 10, 2014
ON
Obviously no conspiracy but how the hell does Weekes jump the gun on a 30 minute segment that didn’t even need to be aired live. What a joke, the fact they never acknowledged it just didn’t sit well either. Glad Bedard is heading out West.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad