GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I just love how the NHL rewards big markets with an obvious tank. If you didn’t think it was rigged before, then this is 1009% proof

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Reps from the other teams are there to witness it. Yes there are millions on the line, and the 32 billionaire owners wouldn't be too comfortable with a potentially rigged lottery.
I don't buy it...after Co-Vid hit the NHL needed to shuffle the deck...Lafreniere went to the NYR(16th best odds to win lottery I believe) cause the NHL needs a strong team in the biggest centre to garner more TV dollars...same with PKane in 2007,Crosby in 2005 because without it there would be no Pittsburgh...are all of them rigged...no...otherwise there is no way Edmonton gets 1st overall in 2010,2011 and 2012 as well as 2015 when they got McSaviour

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Conspiracies are fun to ponder..

Until you use common sense and realize for so many people to be involved and keep it secret would be impossible
it's not rigged

Bettman would prefer McDavid in the USA. The firm that runs the lottery brings in multiple times more annual revenue than the NHL does, the NHL is just a single client to them, makes zero sense for them to stick their neck out and potentially destroy their reputation over whatever money Bettman would even be able to supposedly offer them.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Can't wait to see what kind of career ending ailment the Blackhawks' doctors come up with after his 2nd cap circumventing contract is over.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Sounds like a terrific way to inspire confidence in the legitimacy of it. If they don't care about how legitimate something looks, you can be pretty sure they'd have no problem in rigging it. Rigging and lack of legitimacy are best friends. I guess I could always just take HF posters word for it that it's legit, too.
Rigged or not the results are the results and we have to just accept it. A very bitter pill to swallow, but I guess now I get to watch a great player when the Red Wings come to town.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Best case scenario for the league was to have him go to a big market in the states. Probably a cold envelope ala Sid the kid and Pittsburgh.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Rookie season predictions? I feel like Chicago is the place he’ll have the least amount of help so whatever he does he is going to have to do on his own.

Management should invest in some veteran top 6 forwards this Free agency to make the transition to the NHL a bit easier.
Wheeler, Hoffman, Goodrow, Granlund will probably all be available for free as well. Posibly Foegele, Iafallo as well.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
If the lottery was truly and fully rigged, Bedard would be going to Arizona and Connor McDavid wouldn't be playing a playoff game for Edmonton as we speak.

Please stop throwing shit at the wall
No way Bedard would have gone to the shittiest run Franchise in NHL history...besides Bedard would have pulled a Lindros or at least he would thought of it

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Chicago should’ve lost their lottery balls at a minimum for covering up the actions of a sexual predator, but maybe Bedard will refuse to report knowing he’s going to be in an uncomfortable situation from Day 1.
Yeah, I’m sure he’ll be very uncomfortable and won’t report.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad