Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Downplay it all you want, but it was a pretty huge deal around here at the time, even if it’s an annual event lol
Lol.
I liked it too. All four 7 game series where Bruins beat the loafs. And all the other teams that beat them too.
As I'm one of those fans that have two teams. The Habs and who ever is playing g rhe loafs.

Long term deal ...8 x 8.5 will be signed before season starts.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Lol.
I liked it too. All four 7 game series where Bruins beat the loafs. And all the other teams that beat them too.
As I'm one of those fans that have two teams. The Habs and who ever is playing g rhe loafs.

Long term deal ...8 x 8.5 will be signed before season starts.
Why are we waiting if 8.5 for 8 is even remotely possible? 8 years? God I hope not.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

IMG_0899.gif

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Making him the #3 highest paid active tender in the league? I mean maybe, but it seems pretty rich
It’s not as simple as that. Most of all, it is that Swayman has a lot of leverage because of the way the Bruins handled this situation, his youngish age, his projection, and the projected rising cap.

What is a more instructive way to look at it: where would Swayman’s cap hit be on the list 4 years from now.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Again, as a fan who cares what they pay Swayman? Let the capmasters figure out the scrubs at the bottom of the lineup and cut accordingly if need be. people are acting like the Bruins have a huge amount of talent in house that they need to save money for. If he is overpaid the first few years who cares? Cap will be 92 mil next year and up from there. "He can't be top 5, but top 10 paid is ok" WTF cares. Team is a cup contender with him, let's go.

Reactions: Carbonated Puck

Fingertools

May 29, 2019
aww ...poor Jeremy.
It's all part of negotiating.

JS beat the leafs in a play off round. So what. Like that's a real exclusive club.😊
It's amazing to me how many people on this board dismiss or devalue the Bruins' win over the Leafs in last year's playoffs, even though most of us agree Swayman was arguably the biggest reason - can you imagine the reaction on this board now if they would have lost?!?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It’s not as simple as that. Most of all, it is that Swayman has a lot of leverage because of the way the Bruins handled this situation, his youngish age, his projection, and the projected rising cap.

What is a more instructive way to look at it: where would Swayman’s cap hit be on the list 4 years from now.
Where his cap hit may be 4 years from now isn’t relevant. No other player signs with that in mind. Draisaitl may not be top 10 in 4 years - he didn’t demand a number that would ensure he’s top 3 in 4 years.

Reactions: BMC and Bodit9

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Again, as a fan who cares what they pay Swayman? Let the capmasters figure out the scrubs at the bottom of the lineup and cut accordingly if need be. people are acting like the Bruins have a huge amount of talent in house that they need to save money for. If he is overpaid the first few years who cares? Cap will be 92 mil next year and up from there. "He can't be top 5, but top 10 paid is ok" WTF cares. Team is a cup contender with him, let's go.
And what "SCRUBS" ! do you suggest they cut, and who do you suggest as replacements for these "SCRUBS"!

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This is silly. Of course it matters - the cap is a zero sum situation. Hand waving away the effect every dollar has is short sighted. Look at the Leafs - do you think any fan there was rooting for their stars to get more money?

Reactions: Bodit9

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

scrub-i-dont-want-no-scrub.gif

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY

Swayman doesn't have a lot of leverage and it doesn't matter where his cap hit will be on the list 4 years from now.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Still holding out to reset the goalie market and become the highest paid NHL player of all time despite never taking a bridge deal or playing a full season as a true starter and he's got no leverage so he should take whatever money the Bruins have left after they've overpaid everybody else but Sweeney only made one insulting offer and then didn't talk for 3 weeks then again Swayman can sit at home and ruin his own career because he's just mad Sweeney made negative remarks about him during arbitration and now Swayman is acting like a big baby complaining to the media and he doesn't deserve more than 6 million because Korpisalo will be almost as good as him or maybe the same and he makes a lot less than that

Slainte

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad