GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CJV123

Feb 4, 2010
Wtf are you even talking about. First lottery odds were 18.5% ducks, 13.5% jackets, 11.5% Hawks for 43.5% odds of the order not moving until top 3. Almost 1/2 odds of that happening. Just play a little on tankathon and you'll see how easy it happens.
I'm talking about ciphering, Jethro. If this lottery was done as they claim, then it can't happen. They must have used a computer simulation ("Monte Carlo") with hundreds of samples, to recreate the odds.

Here are the odds for picks 4-11:

San Jose Sharks -- 9.5%
Montreal Canadiens -- 8.5%
Arizona Coyotes -- 7.5%
Philadelphia Flyers -- 6.5%
Washington Capitals -- 6.0%
Detroit Red Wings -- 5.0%
St. Louis Blues -- 3.5%
Vancouver Canucks -- 3.0%

These odds add up to 49% so roughly double them for this conversation.

The odds for San Jose to be 4th are 4-1 (1/0.19-1) against. So 4-1. The Montreal versus the rest is 25% or 3-1 against. 12-1 already. Arizona gives you 3-1 again. So 36-1. Philly again roughly 3-1. So 108-1. Wash 2-1 so 216-1. and on ...

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Chicago dumped anyone who was even decent
Anaheim lost their last 13 or 14 games
Columbus gets 3 points in their last 3 games to allow Ducks to pass them

Columbus gets screwed from getting either Bedard or Fantilli. Fans of other teams give the CBJ crap but never acknowledge that teams like Chicago, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Colorado, etc get very lucky and are able to slide into the #1 pick in a year when a generational talent is available and teams like Anaheim and Columbus always drop in those drafts. I assume its a coincidence, but I really do not know. It just sucks.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It'll be enough to watch you guys suck ruthlessly with him anyway. You enjoy that Seth Jones contract, bud, and do your best to feel proud of what your franchise did.
Hawks have nothing but cap flexibility lol. Jones is their only big contract. Good prospect pool and a good slate of draft futures.

Basically a great place for Bedard to go and be the team leader. Should be really competitive in a few years.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I just hope Chicago can put quality players around him quickly, a long rebuild to start his career would be a bummer.
They have few players the rest could be had on the FA Market.

Line 1 LW T. Johnson C ? RW ?
Line 2 LW ? C Dickinson RW Raddysh
Line 3 LW Katchouk C Guttman RW ?
Line 4 LW Blackwell C Entwistle RW R. Johnson

LW Kurashev ~ RFA*
RW Bjork ~ RFA*
LW Wagner ~ RFA*

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Rookie season predictions? I feel like Chicago is the place he’ll have the least amount of help so whatever he does he is going to have to do on his own.

Management should invest in some veteran top 6 forwards this Free agency to make the transition to the NHL a bit easier.

45-50 goals/100-105 points.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Having Bedard doesn't garantee anything, I mean the kid is going to f5ind out that playing versus NHL defensemen is a little more challenging then playing in the WHL. I'm old enough to remember when my Sens picked Alexandre Daigle 1st overall he was supposed to be our franchise player and it didn't turn out the way we thought so let's wait and see how Bedard's game translate to the NHL.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Thank goodness for that lottery to prevent tanking hey?

It did, without the lottery Buffalo has McDavid. It won't work 100% of the time though, but it will be more efficient than the 0% of the time that no lottery would prevent tanking.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Kevin Weekes read the wrong line going into commercial for the top 3

He said the first shakeup of the draft happened as Columbus moves to third

They obviously do the draft lottery then produce a show around it with written lines and stuff. People should know this.
Sounds like a terrific way to inspire confidence in the legitimacy of it. If they don't care about how legitimate something looks, you can be pretty sure they'd have no problem in rigging it. Rigging and lack of legitimacy are best friends. I guess I could always just take HF posters word for it that it's legit, too.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
I'm literally only fine with Detroit. Yes still in division as the Sens, but I generally like the Raudt Vingers.

Chicago = Hell no, that Beach incident I will never forgive them.
Anaheim = Please no in the same division as Flames.
Columbus = Ohio's laws makes me not want CBJ to win.
Philly = Lots of reactionary players, poor kid if Bedard lands there.
Sharks = Same reason as Anaheim.
MTL = Same division as Sens, and kinda obnoxious.
Ohio's laws is pretty soft. What does that have to do with the jackets

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Having Bedard doesn't garantee anything, I mean the kid is going to f5ind out that playing versus NHL defensemen is a little more challenging then playing in the WHL. I'm old enough to remember when my Sens picked Alexandre Daigle 1st overall he was supposed to be our franchise player and it didn't turn out the way we thought so let's wait and see how Bedard's game translate to the NHL.
I am a sens fan too who watched Daigle, this is not the same situation.... Daigle couldnt process the game well enough to keep up with his feet, that is not the issue for Bedard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad