GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I'm just disappointed a sniveling, Ebug, deletant GM like Davidson is getting to start a clean slate with Bedard.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
At least he is out west, technically.

East coast is saved for some time......

Keep the Connor's out there for now.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
The NHL should show the drawing of the balls live ....not in secret.

Probably best to not have the ESPN guy in on the results when you say "OK we are drawing the 3rd now", yet the announcer told you the result before commercial break and before the supposed draw
Haha, it’s like a High School production. It’s almost like the league is just trolling all of us with the shitty job they do with stuff like this

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The team that did their absolute best to tank from last offseason gets Bedard.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Arguing with strangers on Twitter tells me you do indeed have time for these people ;)
I have my limits. I've been known to send a few idiots who don't know when to quit to Blocked City, AND use(at times)hockey players throwing massive hits against others as an exclamation point to get out of my face.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
The draw is done in advance, so the TV people have time to do their thing. Unfortunately NBCSN got sloppy in 2019 and leaked the results ahead of time.

At the 2017 Draft, I happened to be seated behind the NBCSN production table. I had most of the first round picks spoiled for me since the selections are entered in at the table, then teams walk up to the podium. I could see the NBCSN crew queueing up highlights for the next guy about to be drafted. That's also how they have a cameraman find the kid in the crowd for his reaction shot, even for an off the board pick like Mark Visentin in 2010.
I repeat, The NHL should show the drawing of the balls live ....not in secret.

Reactions: Daz28

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
And no chance of ever winning. They are 19 players form a contender
Ever winning? He is 17 and they are rebuilding, have tons of picks, have unlimited cap space and a storied organization that is original 6. Sounds like you are just bitter. I am not a Hawks fan but man im loving the crying and complaining going on in here its amazing.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Mathematically, it is essentially impossible for teams 4-12 to remain in their order. If the media has any integrity, they will point this out. I'm not going to hold my breath, of course.
The top 3 remaining the top 3 had about a 15% chance.
Remember, Anaheim was guaranteed to remain in the top 3.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Rookie season predictions? I feel like Chicago is the place he’ll have the least amount of help so whatever he does he is going to have to do on his own.

Management should invest in some veteran top 6 forwards this Free agency to make the transition to the NHL a bit easier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad