GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
And shouldn't have to put up with any of that franchise's trash. Chicago can fail for the rest of my life for all I care, because the organization profited on the back of suffering. You can pretend like it all just gets washed away because they fired a few guys but the stink lingers.
well toughen up, buttercup because Bedard is going there and nothing you can do about it LOL, the door is that way if you don't want to watch the NHL anymore

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
So every player in Chicago or anyone drafted there going forward isn’t allowed to have a career and is responsible for the past. Give me a break
Gun to my head, if I were in their shoes I would seriously consider not going there as a result of the franchise's ineptitude.

I did say something about paying penance, too. Being gifted a franchise player right on the cusp of a downswing made entirely by the organization's own doing is hardly paying for their actions.

well toughen up, buttercup because Bedard is going there and nothing you can do about it LOL, the door is that way if you don't want to watch the NHL anymore
It'll be enough to watch you guys suck ruthlessly with him anyway. You enjoy that Seth Jones contract, bud, and do your best to feel proud of what your franchise did.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I can't be the only person who saw Bettman do a quick fist pump when Anaheim's logo came up 2nd.
I didn't see that, but if Bettman didn't know who had won the lottery, then how could Weekes have???

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Let the hate flow from the other teams fans.

I love it!

I want you to be MAD!
This is why I hate draft lotteries because there is always some suspicion that things are rigged of which I totally believe does happen. Just give pick by standings.
Another option would be to have the last 2 teams in each division (8 teams) have a chance in a lottery for 1st overall.

9-16 + 17-28 pick in reverse of the final standings 29,30,31 and 32 determined by winners and losers of the finals.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I'm not a big conspiracy guy at all, but the arguments against it being rigged are pretty unconvincing. An outside agency being contracted or the drawing being done beforehand (or even on television) guarantees nothing. What stops them from just recording takes with the lottery machine until they get the result they want? There's way, way, way too much money in stuff like this, literally hundreds of millions of dollars, that depend on how the lottery shakes out. Why, and how, could they leave it to chance?
Indeed, but you can bet once Bedard continues the Chicago tradition of slapping Vancouver around in the playoffs I'm going to be abandoning logic and screaming rigged 😆glass half full at least that future would mean we’re making the playoffs again.

Puckstopper

Oct 19, 2006
I'm not a big conspiracy guy at all, but the arguments against it being rigged are pretty unconvincing. An outside agency being contracted or the drawing being done beforehand (or even on television) guarantees nothing. What stops them from just recording takes with the lottery machine until they get the result they want? There's way, way, way too much money in stuff like this, literally hundreds of millions of dollars, that depend on how the lottery shakes out. Why, and how, could they leave it to chance?

Reps from the other teams are there to witness it. Yes there are millions on the line, and the 32 billionaire owners wouldn't be too comfortable with a potentially rigged lottery.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I'm just glad that Chicago can be relevant again. They have gone so long since last winning the Cup - what has it been, 8 years? They deserve to have the lottery just like back in 2007. NHL lottery works well - keeping team with recent success relevant again while keeping teams like Columbus that just slug along irrelevant.

The lottery also keeps teams from tanking - Chicago didn't try at all to get the top pick, proven by the fact they won some games at the end of the season to not finish last. There was nothing done leading up to this season to lead anyone to think they were tanking. The whole point of the lottery worked out just as planned.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
That person is wrong, don't worry.

In order for it to remain unchanged, Anaheim (18.5%) wins 1st drawing, and Columbus (now 18.5%… I think?) wins the second drawing

18.5%*18.5% = 3.4%

So “mathematically impossible” is a stretch, but it’s pretty likely the lotto affects something

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
So the whole walking of the cards from the room up to the podium is for show/

Is there a reason they don't show the lotto? They sure do project the idea that the cards are being shown for the first time. When was the lotto actually done? How many people knew, and how long ago did they know. Does any of what transpired leave you with a feeling that that it couldn't possibly be rigged? Does the league care that it looks EXTREMELY suspicious? Would you believe the actual lottery if it wasn't drawn live?

They’ve shown the videos of the actual lottery before, I don’t know if they always do that

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017

It’s kind of weird, but I’m going to have to get used to being an ally with you. Going to be watching and following as Chicago as frequently as Edmonton.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Toews and Kane weren't generational. They won those cups because they had those guys and Keith, Sharp, Hossa, Hjalmarsson, Crawford, a good coach, etc.
As a nucks fan I'm disappointed but man the amount of whining and sore losers has me wondering the average age of the posters.

I. Mean people bringing up the SA and the cover-up realize it's from 2009 with a different GM and executives right? Why should these Hawks suffer for that? As for Tanking, the Hawks didn't rotate 3 goalies like Zona while holding their best dman out. They blew it up last year and robbed both the habs and sens afaic. The Hawks only sucked for 2 seasons while the other teams have sucked for years and have had multiple top 3-4 picks and the habs just had the 1st and the ducks have had a bunch of high picks.
My God people (not you) need to grow up.
Congrats to the Hawks and Bedard in a huge market is awesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad