GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I'm not a big conspiracy guy at all, but the arguments against it being rigged are pretty unconvincing. An outside agency being contracted or the drawing being done beforehand (or even on television) guarantees nothing. What stops them from just recording takes with the lottery machine until they get the result they want? There's way, way, way too much money in stuff like this, literally hundreds of millions of dollars, that depend on how the lottery shakes out. Why, and how, could they leave it to chance?

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
The draft lottery is taped ahead of time. It's not live. Weekes was an idiot for breaking kayfabe.
So the whole walking of the cards from the room up to the podium is for show/
People should really read and or do research before they jump to conclusions …….. AGAIN ,THE ACTUAL LOTTO WAS DONE PRIOR TO THIS. It’s not rigged ……it was just the presentation of who won. The winner was known befehand
Is there a reason they don't show the lotto? They sure do project the idea that the cards are being shown for the first time. When was the lotto actually done? How many people knew, and how long ago did they know. Does any of what transpired leave you with a feeling that that it couldn't possibly be rigged? Does the league care that it looks EXTREMELY suspicious? Would you believe the actual lottery if it wasn't drawn live?

Reactions: Pantokrator

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I recommend he attend Arizona State, for the girls, and decline to sign with the Hawks. After 2 years he can sign with any team as a free agent. Wheeler did the same.
I'm all for it, but I highly doubt it. He probably just wants to be in the NHL and will be next season.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just don’t see michkov going lower then 5th
I kinda agree... could def see the sharks going for him.

They are prob still a couple years off from contention, and still have fat to cut off the roster.

Mickhov would be a pretty nice add for them.. and they can aim at center in 24 and 25.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Mathematically, it is essentially impossible for teams 4-12 to remain in their order. If the media has any integrity, they will point this out. I'm not going to hold my breath, of course.
I’m pretty sure if they wanted to rig the lotto they would be smart enough to not have an impossible scenario that only you are smart enough to figure out .

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Mathematically, it is essentially impossible for teams 4-12 to remain in their order. If the media has any integrity, they will point this out. I'm not going to hold my breath, of course.
One of you nerds do the math for us jocks.

Reactions: cavs

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
The lottery is not rigged.. there is a third party that the league brings in. Come on guys
Oh yes like the 3rd party companies who are paid by a company to do an audit on their own books.

I can;t believe that fact is overlooked by the government. It really shows how corrupt everyone with power is

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Why punish the organization/franchise itself? The individuals involved should be, and have been, punished.
Because it's not just some individuals - it was literally multiple people in the organization. There was clearly a culture of the organization not just some rogue individuals.

Two people lost their jobs - and one wasn't even with the Blackhawks anymore. There was ZERO accountability.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
are we really suprised lol? the top top prospect that they hype every few years like a matthews mcdavid crosby bedard they always somehow "magically" go to the team with the bigger market potential lol.. its clear nhl does rig it some years at this point.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
THE most shocking thing is how people think the cards being shown is live.

Weekes messed up. He had the list in front of him and jumped ahead. I feel bad for the guy. That's an all-time blunder for an important draft lottery.

Congrats Chicago. Great that the kid will be going to a storied franchise. Not a perfect franchise, not a perfect city, but that is not on the fans or 98% of the people involved with the team, or the businesses this will help in a city that needs it.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I kinda agree... could def see the sharks going for him.

They are prob still a couple years off from contention, and still have fat to cut off the roster.

Mickhov would be a pretty nice add for them.. and they can aim at center in 24 and 25.
He’s going to make a team real happy.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I’ll stick up for Bedard who’s about to start his career and has nothing to do with any of that bullshit. The franchise is going to move forward and this kid is going to light up the league. If you don’t like it go find a safe space during Blackhawk games
And shouldn't have to put up with any of that franchise's trash. Chicago can fail for the rest of my life for all I care, because the organization profited on the back of suffering. You can pretend like it all just gets washed away because they fired a few guys but the stink lingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad