GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Because it's not just some individuals - it was literally multiple people in the organization. There was clearly a culture of the organization not just some rogue individuals.

Two people lost their jobs - and one wasn't even with the Blackhawks anymore. There was ZERO accountability.
Ownership knew, and now they are going to make hand over fist money.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
It all comes back to the NHL not really punishing the Blackhawks organization for the organisational cover up of a staffer raping a player and then providing a glowing reference for that rapist to join a hockey program with young players.

They should have been stripped for 1st round draft picks, fined, and the organization cleaned out.

Instead, they get 1st overal.
I’m sorry but this just goes to show that you don’t actually care about Beach getting justice. You just want sporting penalties that hurt a team you don’t like. Individuals were at fault, not the organization. Those individuals have all been fired and black listed from the league. There’s nothing more that the current leadership in Chicago could have done. Sporting penalties doesn’t fix shit in this scenario and calling for them tells me you don’t actually care about beach and what happened to him

Reactions: hawksrule

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Personally I don't think this franchise should be allowed within 500m of anyone under 30.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
And shouldn't have to put up with any of that franchise's trash. Chicago can fail for the rest of my life for all I care, because the organization profited on the back of suffering. You can pretend like it all just gets washed away because they fired a few guys but the stink lingers.
So every player in Chicago or anyone drafted there going forward isn’t allowed to have a regular pro hockey career and is responsible for the past. Give me a break

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Chicago winning it doesn’t necessarily upset me. It’s audited.

NJ and Arizona rightly having to forfeit picks but literal sexual assault being excused in Chicago for purely commercial reasons upsets me though. Spineless on the part of the NHL and really not a good look.

I'm curious why anyone would link the sexual assualts 13 years ago to Bedard getting drafted there, like what does it really have to do with it at all?

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Mathematically, it is essentially impossible for teams 4-12 to remain in their order. If the media has any integrity, they will point this out. I'm not going to hold my breath, of course.

Wtf are you even talking about. First lottery odds were 18.5% ducks, 13.5% jackets, 11.5% Hawks for 43.5% odds of the order not moving until top 3. Almost 1/2 odds of that happening. Just play a little on tankathon and you'll see how easy it happens.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
So the whole walking of the cards from the room up to the podium is for show/

Is there a reason they don't show the lotto? They sure do project the idea that the cards are being shown for the first time. When was the lotto actually done? How many people knew, and how long ago did they know. Does any of what transpired leave you with a feeling that that it couldn't possibly be rigged? Does the league care that it looks EXTREMELY suspicious? Would you believe the actual lottery if it wasn't drawn live?

They've released the videos in past years. Each team sends somebody to witness it and they have to give up their phones so they don't leak the results. I recall the Devils rep talking about the 2019 drawing and how he could barely contain himself after they won, but he was essentially trapped in the room until the TV reveal was done.

The reason they don't show the actual drawing? Probably because it's not a TV friendly process. People probably have the misconception that there are ping pong balls with logos on it (like the weird Crosby year/2020 second draw). They draw four numbers and check out a spreadsheet.

8-1-4-2. Check spreadsheet. (insert team) won.

Would that squash any people from believing that it wasn't rigged? Even if they had a copy of the combination list ahead of time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad