GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
1st they win Pat Kane, and now Bedard.

Some teams have all the luck...

They're otherwise awful though whereas in 07 they already were respectable to a degree...they'll be bad for at least 2-3 seasons, this team is not contending for 5 years and may not make the playoffs for 3-4

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
What annoys me about this draft lottery is that most people are only mad because Chicago got the top pick. They still would’ve had a top-5 pick in an insanely deep draft even if they didn’t win it. The outcry if they stayed at #3 would be microscopic compared to this.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
Really wish they would do the draft lottery live, and have the numbers drawn in front of the GMs. Once a team gets their number drawn, the GMs leave until they are down to their last two people. Meh…just my opinion.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Most bad teams in a rebuild trade their best veteran players to maximize the return on picks in order to bring in more high-end talent in the draft. Or am I missing something? :laugh:
Veteran players?
They traded a 24 year old 40 goal scorer and a 21 year old 3rd overall pick.
So yah just you're missing "something"

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Veteran players?
They traded a 24 year old 40 goal scorer and a 21 year old 3rd overall pick.
So yah just you're missing "something"

After a full front office staff turnover. It's not really all that uncommon for a new staff to move out players from the old staff in order to try and rebuild the team they desire. Especially with an aging core and very little to build around/with on account of the draft capital it took to win 3 Cups in 6 years.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
After a full front office staff turnover. It's not really all that uncommon for a new staff to move out players from the old staff in order to try and rebuild the team they desire. Especially with an aging core and very little to build around/with on account of the draft capital it took to win 3 Cups in 6 years.
So the new front office tanked is what you're saying?

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Name 1 team other team that has ever traded a 24 year old 40 goal scorer and 21 year old 3rd overall pick in the name of a "rebuild".

It is incredibly uncommon and the most blatant tank job since Buffalo did it to try and get McDavid. You dont trade those type of players when you are rebuilding.
That would be like Detroit trading Seider and Raymond to "rebuild".

Reactions: Perry Tegula

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
No more than any of the other shitty teams in the NHL. Anaheim DIDN'T tank? Lol.
They signed Dylan Strome and Vatrano in the offseason rather than unloading and kept their 20 year old NHL ready prospect in Mason McTavish up in the NHL unlike the Hawks did with their 20 year old NHL ready prospect (although I probably would've kept him away from that awful roster too)

But this was about you denying the tank, seems like you moving the goalposts is coming to terms.

Edit: I think both teams weren't trying to win games, Anaheim's defense is laughable.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Name 1 team other team that has ever traded a 24 year old 40 goal scorer and 21 year old 3rd overall pick in the name of a "rebuild".

It is incredibly uncommon and the most blatant tank job since Buffalo did it to try and get McDavid. You dont trade those type of players when you are rebuilding.
This shows how little you know about the Hawks. Debrincat is due big money, they got value while they could. Team seemed to sour on Dach and also got value when they felt they could. They went into the last draft with zero first-round picks and walked out with three. If anything, what they did is exactly what you do when you need to change organizational culture and build it back up.

Now they pick 1 + 19 this year, as well as 4 second-round picks. They also have two first-rounders in the next two drafts. Hawks will be fine and I'll take their version of a rebuild over yours.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I knew Chicago would win. They want him in big market. Sucks they give to a team that traded all their best players to tank. At least I won myself $150
Funny how all season long the HF mantra was that tanking is a bad strategy.

Yes, it was a blatant tank job. So what?

Reactions: G0AT and Geoist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad