GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
The NHL changed the lottery rules because Edmonton kept getting the first pick. No way they wanted McDavid there.
They wanted Crosby in Pittsburgh, Matthews in Toronto...why not a generational talent in the huge metropolis of Edmonton? Think of how much the NHL grew while Gretzky was playing his trade in Edmonton...or Lemuex in Pittsburgh...or any player in Toronto...

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
This shows how little you know about the Hawks. Debrincat is due big money, they got value while they could. Team seemed to sour on Dach and also got value when they felt they could. They went into the last draft with zero first-round picks and walked out with three. If anything, what they did is exactly what you do when you need to change organizational culture and build it back up.

Now they pick 1 + 19 this year, as well as 4 second-round picks. They also have two first-rounders in the next two drafts. Hawks will be fine and I'll take their version of a rebuild over yours.

And then they drafted Korchinsky instead of Mintyukov. I can't really bash them for drafting Nazar where they did all though, seeing McGroarty and Ostlund right behind him, after they took steps forward, must stink. And then Rinzel with that last pick... definitely think there were some better options.

But yea, I mean, maybe Korchinksy will work out..

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
So Bedard is gone after his first contract because the team won't be good by then either? Sure.

Their new Gm said he was doing a rebuild not a retool. So he traded two young valuable players for draft picks. Just like he did with Brandon Hagel the previous deadline. You don’t have to like it most of our fans didn’t either but he picked a lane and went with it. After the last few years of the scumbag bowman being wishy washy on the path of the team.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Their new Gm said he was doing a rebuild not a retool. So he traded two young valuable players for draft picks. Just like he did with Brandon Hagel the previous deadline. You don’t have to like it most of our fans didn’t either but he picked a lane and went with it. After the last few years of the scumbag bowman being wishy washy on the path of the team.
bruh as 24 year old player on an 8 year deal is long enough to turn around a team that's ridiculous if the team isn't good by the time Bedard is 26 he will likely be traded from being frustrated at that point that's until 2031.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
And then they drafted Korchinsky instead of Mintyukov. I can't really bash them for drafting Nazar where they did all though, seeing McGroarty and Ostlund right behind him, after they took steps forward, must stink. And then Rinzel with that last pick... definitely think there were some better options.

But yea, I mean, maybe Korchinksy will work out..
Did Korchinski have a bad year or something?

Nazar got hurt shit happens guess his career is over.

Rinzel was a wildcard long term pick. Who knows

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
They wanted Crosby in Pittsburgh, Matthews in Toronto...why not a generational talent in the huge metropolis of Edmonton? Think of how much the NHL grew while Gretzky was playing his trade in Edmonton...or Lemuex in Pittsburgh...or any player in Toronto...

They changed the draft rules immediately after the McDavid draft. I don’t think that’s because they were happy with how it went.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
So Bedard is gone after his first contract because the team won't be good by then either? Sure.

What don't you get? As much as I love Debrincat you don't rebuild a team around a player like him. You rebuild around a player like McDavid, Crosby, and Bedard. You are comparing apples and pinecones.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Weren't they finded $1 million or something?
Small comfort to the high schooler who was sexually assaulted by the blackhawks’ former employee who was given a glowing letter of recommendation after being fired for sexually assaulting one of the hawks own players.

The people who did the aiding and abetting are gone, are they not?
Can you actually be this naive? So there’s this guy named Rocky Wirtz…

:eyeroll:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
bruh as 24 year old player on an 8 year deal is long enough to turn around a team that's ridiculous if the team isn't good by the time Bedard is 26 he will likely be traded from being frustrated at that point that's until 2031.
Bruh the player has to want to sign an extension.
Like I said most hawks fans didn’t like the trade. But it was made for a scorched earth rebuild. The Gm did it and it’s done.

Don’t know how cat somehow equals bedard leaving in 7 years.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I just knew that Chicago were going to win. It's rigged and has been for many, many years.

They can't even do the draft live, says it all... cheaters.

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
Small comfort to the high schooler who was sexually assaulted by the blackhawks’ former employee who was given a glowing letter of recommendation after being fired for sexually assaulting one of the hawks own players.

Can you actually be this naive? So there’s this guy named Rocky Wirtz…

:eyeroll:
Is there evidence he was aware? I can't recall if it was proven ownership knew or not.

The HS kid...again....are the people who covered it up not out of the NHL now (it's not a rhetorical question?

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
But those people who did the cover up are gone, are they not? Save for perhaps the ownership (assuming they knew all about it?
You mean the people who have already not only NOT been punished for aiding and abetting the sexual abuse of children, but have actually gained untold millions of dollars and stand to gain untold more millions of dollars based on the outcome of this pick?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Bruh the player has to want to sign an extension.
Like I said most hawks fans didn’t like the trade. But it was made for a scorched earth rebuild. The Gm did it and it’s done.

Don’t know how cat somehow equals bedard leaving in 7 years.
Probably because he will have beyond bad players to play with for several years....their current wingers are awful and Debrincat was an RFA the team had all the leverage to get him long term.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Probably because he will have beyond bad players to play with for several years....their current wingers are awful and Debrincat was an RFA the team had all the leverage to get him long term.
Guess we will find out in 7 years. Or in 11 years when he might sign a 8 year extension after his elc

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
You mean the people who have already not only NOT been punished for aiding and abetting the sexual abuse of children, but have actually gained untold millions of dollars and stand to gain untold more millions of dollars based on the outcome of this pick?
OK.

But was ownership aware? Is there evidence they had knowledge of the cover up? Not all employees are fully forthcoming with their employers about everything.

Seriously, it's not a rhetorical question. I genuinely don't recall if ownership was implicated in the cover up.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
OK.

But was ownership aware? Is there evidence they had knowledge of the cover up? Not all employees are fully forthcoming with their employers about everything.

Seriously, it's not a rhetorical question. I genuinely don't recall if ownership was implicated in the cover up.
You should ask him, I’m sure Rocky would be happy to truthfully answer reasonable questions about his organization and how it’s run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad