GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Do the Hawks seriously need another Dynasty?

This pisses me off... lowkey wanted Vancouver to win because Bedard is a Canucks fan, and I don't like the Canucks.

Reactions: Canuck16

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
From now on I think the players should just come up on stage and announce who they want to play for. Then everyone's happy. Except for some of the shittier cities.

Not serious.

Or...

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
You should ask him, I’m sure Rocky would be happy to truthfully answer reasonable questions about his organization and how it’s run.

K. Guy's a jerk but it doesn't shed any light on what ownership knew and when they knew it.

From now on I think the players should just come up on stage and announce who they want to play for. Then everyone's happy. Except for some of the shittier cities.

Not serious.

Or...
Works for the NCAA to generate media hype.

Connor Bedard....where are you going to play next season?

Reactions: clydesdale line

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If you didn’t want the Hawks to get Bedard, that’s one thing. But if you actually believe the league rigged this, I have to believe you’re likely bottom 5% in intelligence for all of humanity.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
K. Guy's a jerk but it doesn't shed any light on what ownership knew and when they knew it.
But it also makes it pretty clear that the culture of 'keeping it in house' comes from the top. It's this attitude of "it's none of your business" that allowed them to cover up a rapist for 10 years.

Honestly, if this is the owners attitude to a harmless question about what the Hawks have done to ensure it doesn't happen again it's pretty clear they haven't changed anything.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Here’s a 107 page report for you to read:

There are also countless news articles and I have no idea how many threads discussing this on this very website for you to read to catch up. Or continue sticking your head in the sand and assuming that even though basically the entire organization knew about the issue that nobody mentioned anything to the ownership and/or that owners are not ultimately responsible for what happens in their organizations.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
79CDAA23-317E-482E-84A8-7C05F9230DC8.gif

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
OK.

But was ownership aware? Is there evidence they had knowledge of the cover up? Not all employees are fully forthcoming with their employers about everything.

Seriously, it's not a rhetorical question. I genuinely don't recall if ownership was implicated in the cover up.
Are you arguing that the owners of the team are not ultimately responsible for what happens with the team?

Rocky and Danny Wirtz are still there as Chairman and CEO of the franchise.

Who do you think was involved in the hiring of McDonough, Stan Bowman, and Cheveldayoff? Ownership ran an organization that clearly did not have policies and procedures in place, let alone a corporate culture where this sort of thing would be investigated when reported and not covered up.

When the accusation was first made it was almost certainly run over to legal and likely got to the CEO and Chairman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mickey Redmond

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Classy post here
As classy as the letter of recommendation for an employee rhe hawks fired for sexually assaulting a member of their organization? The former employee who then went on to be hired by a high school based largely on that letter & experience with the organization before then sexually assaulting a student at that school? That kind of classy?

Reactions: NorCalhockey

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
As classy as the hawks letter of recommendation for an employee they fired for sexually assaulting a member of their organization? The former employee who then went on to be hired by a high school based largely on that letter & experience with the organization before then sexually assaulting a student at that school? That kind of classy?
Who said that was classy?
Did I?

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Who said that was classy?
Did I?
You're the one who seemed very concerned about class. Odd IMO considering the organization you’re cheerleading, but that’s your business I suppose.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Did Korchinski have a bad year or something?

Nazar got hurt shit happens guess his career is over.

Rinzel was a wildcard long term pick. Who knows

No, it's just that MIntykov has since looked like an absolute superstar, plus he's got every physical advantage. Not just superstar, but his ceiling I think is sky high, like Fox level high. I mean, to be fair, if they did that draft over, he would have probably gone where Korchinksi went, or possibly even ahead of Nemec. He's been that good. And a lot of people were suggesting he has that kind of ceiling prior to the draft.

I was honestly surprised they took Korchinski over him at that draft. And their respective seasons I think warranted that reverse order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad