GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Any chance Michkov taken in the top 4?

Hard to say. Is there some GMs who said they wouldn’t mind taking him?

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
We live in a corrupt world where money rules everything. And a original 6 team magically wins the pick when they need it the most.

The fact that the draw isn't live just proves they got something to hide.

I also believed they rigged the picks for Edmonton and for the Rangers.

Mathematically the way things went down with the two aforementioned teams smells fishy at best, and I'm a Rangers fan.

The NHL wants to maximize their returns. Having Bedard replacing Kane for an original 6 team helps a lot.
Yep!

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
so much whataboutism and diversion.

This is not the NBA. Do you have evidence the owners were even consulted about this? Or that they have the power to kick out an owner?

You are so clearly making an argument one way. No need to pretend you're just asking questions.

If the Chairman and CEO of an organization are not held accountable for the actions of the company, who is?
To argue requires having a position on an issue. I don't have a position because I'm not concerned with it ( unlike many people who brought it up).

I am just intrigued by the moralistic stances people engage in (out of some sense of obligation perhaps?) to express contempt for a given organization but completely ignore the potential disregard of their own team for a lack of moral response.

Evidence the owners were consulted? In fact, I don't. I guess they could have been like me and paid scant attention to the issue. And maybe they don't have the power to kick out an owner on such an issue, but then they weren't sincere questions, were they? Just merely an attempt to evade facing up to what may possibly be too much to own up to.

gigachad1991

Apr 30, 2023
Lmao at the hate for the hawks

- imagine you’re the ceo/founder of a massive organization not involved in the day to day operations and you hire some fuk ups who commit a heinous act… the ownership was probably just as surprised as the public and were like “ahh fuk, common man” and the guy in that vid probably told off the media in frustration of having to answer something he had no part in … he got rid of them and no one knows how it was handled internally

- just LOL at the hate for Jonathan Toews… he is in training camp with 100 plus nobodies who had no hope of making the team and he probably heard some rumour about a gay staff member hitting on some kid and laughed it off … like any of you would go investigate and take a more active role especially in your early 20s …. Toews was probably just as shocked as anyone when this beach stuff came out

No one is even left in the organization that was apart of this beach situation

Just LOL at all you virtue signallers

I’m a hawks fan now

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Yeah it’s disgusting to see. I’d be too ashamed to call myself a Blackhawks fan after what they allowed to happen and the subsequent cover up

You don't think some shady business ever went on in Detroit Red Wings history, or every other NHL franchise that we don't know about? I literally can't fathom how people go on about this crap like no one should ever be a fan of that team again and if they do they're some sort of evil being.

Also those who think this was rigged are out to lunch. People are just insane these days.

Reactions: ColbyChaos

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
We live in a corrupt world where money rules everything. And a original 6 team magically wins the pick when they need it the most.

Mathematically the way things went down with the two aforementioned teams smells fishy at best, and I'm a Rangers fan.

The NHL wants to maximize their returns. Having Bedard replacing Kane for an original 6 team helps a lot.
Who is "they"?

Bettman and Daly? What does he get out of it?

All of the owners and Bettman? Why would one owner care about Chicago getting it over Anaheim/Phoenix/Columbus? Or Edmonton over whoever?

Seriously, I have heard these conspiracy theories in sports for so long and have yet to see someone provide a good explanation as to why one owner would care enough to go along with whatever the conspiracy flavour of the month was or why a commissioner would risk his job and pay by doing it behind the owners' backs.

Reactions: authentic

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Chicago give us the pick. We'll even give you Panarin back and you can have LAF. Don't look up his stats, he was a #1 pick and super hyped.

Come on, let's make a deal, please.

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
You don't think some shady business ever went on in Detroit Red Wings history, or every other NHL franchise that we don't know about? I literally can't fathom how people go on about this crap like no one should ever be a fan of that team again and if they do they're some sort of evil being.

Also those who think this was rigged are out to lunch. People are just insane these days.
Not being a fan is a bit much but Chicago fans should probably just accept, until Bedard retires, that they're going to be hated for the terrible things they allowed to happen

Though if someone did stop being a fan of then thats a plenty good reason for it. And no, you cant presume 31 other teams have done horrible things just because one was caught

Yeah... Im sure the NHL and Bettman rigged the lottery for the Devils four times in 10 years, once over NYr and once over Philly

Reactions: canuckster19

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
How about you just give me the Coles notes version of that 107 page report and countless threads.

You are the one who brought it up, I would think you alreasy know well enough if there was evidence if the owners were active participants in the cover up but yet for some reason you can't give a straightforward answer. All I'm seeing are assumptions and maybe that works for you, but I'm atheist for a reason- assumptions and taking it on faith don't work for me.
You have been provided with ample evidence yet refuse to do your own work. Nobody gives a shit about your religious beliefs, but if you don’t believe that the owner of an organization is responsible for what happens in their organization then Scientology may be a good fit for you. I’m sure you believe past and present popes and the Catholic Church itself aren’t responsible for the horrific child sexual abuse that happened in that organization either since you’re willing to bend over backwards for the hawks.

Setting aside the fact that it’s a dumb rationalization of horrific events, what would you even accept as “proof” that all the responsible parties are no longer with the organization?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Not being a fan is a bit much but Chicago fans should probably just accept, until Bedard retires, that they're going to be hated for the terrible things they allowed to happen

Though if someone did stop being a fan of then thats a plenty good reason for it. And no, you cant presume 31 other teams have done horrible things just because one was caught

Yeah... Im sure the NHL and Bettman rigged the lottery for the Devils four times in 10 years, once over NYr and once over Philly

What terrible things did Chicago fans allow to happen?

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Chicago easily should have lost their 1st round pick this year, similar to how NJ originally lost their 1st rounder ala the Kovy-cap-circumventing-contract.

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
Chicago give us the pick. We'll even give you Panarin back and you can have LAF. Don't look up his stats, he was a #1 pick and super hyped.

Come on, let's make a deal, please.
Stützle! Sanderson!

Best part of having Tim on the team? Getting to pronounce his surname all the time

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Stützle! Sanderson!

Best part of having Tim on the team? Getting to pronounce his surname all the time
The Rangers have awful draft luck. Pick the unanimous #1 and #2 pick. And both look really underwhelming.

I wish we got a Bedard type of player. At the same time Bedard is gonna challenge McDavid so those players are quite rare...

Yeah you did well with the draft. Karma for us stealing Zibanejad and getting a draft pick back for trading Brassard?

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
You have been provided with ample evidence yet refuse to do your own work. Nobody gives a shit about your religious beliefs, but if you don’t believe that the owner of an organization is responsible for what happens in their organization then Scientology may be a good fit for you. I’m sure you believe past and present popes and the Catholic Church itself aren’t responsible for the horrific child sexual abuse that happened in that organization either since you’re willing to bend over backwards for the hawks.

Setting aside the fact that it’s a dumb rationalization of horrific events, what would you even accept as “proof” that all the responsible parties are no longer with the organization?
Lol

I'm not even looking for proof. All I was expecrinf was someone saying, "Yeah, it came out during the investigation that Wirtz knew." Instead all I got were inferences.

But man, talk about assumptions re: RCC! Lol

This obviously hit an emotional soft spot for you. Best we end things here, perhaps?

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
I hope Bedard doesn’t end up getting sexually assaulted by a member of Chicago’s coaching staff
Gives a whole new meaning to people telling him to "watch your ass" in Chicago. Oh well, we cant have the fairweather, bangwagon hawks fans go more than a season or two without being able to play their duh duh duh goal song because otherwise its not really worth going to a game to get car jacked, robbed in broad daylight or just randomly gunned down by all of the upstanding citizens of Chicago!

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
What terrible things did Chicago fans allow to happen?
Theres no need for that; we both know what I meant.

Yes, some people (a lot) care if their team covers up serious crimes. Most wont change teams over it but you also cant deflect ball-busting over it as well.

Chicago fans need to just take the licks that come with that and now Bedard following that (with a pick they probably shouldn't have had)

Reactions: canuckster19

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
The Rangers have awful draft luck. Pick the unanimous #1 and #2 pick. And both look really underwhelming.

I wish we got a Bedard type of player. At the same time Bedard is gonna challenge McDavid so those players are quite rare...

Yeah you did well with the draft. Karma for us stealing Zibanejad and getting a draft pick back for trading Brassard?
Grrrrrr.....

That trade still pisses me off

Ottawa seems to have a knack for developing talent- by trading them!

I really enjoyed watching Mika, so damn fast and talented with the puck.

gigachad1991

Apr 30, 2023
You have been provided with ample evidence yet refuse to do your own work. Nobody gives a shit about your religious beliefs, but if you don’t believe that the owner of an organization is responsible for what happens in their organization then Scientology may be a good fit for you.

Lmao at this

I’m sure you have experience heading up massive conglomerates with at least 10+ subsidiaries?

The reason jobs exist is because the owner of a company literally cannot be responsible for everything that happens in the organization so they delegate tasks to different roles within that organization.

Imagine a VP at amazon sexually harasses a Junior product manager at happy hour and you go and blame jeff bezos for it. Jeff bezos would also be a victim in this instance. It’s completely out of his control.

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
NHL Punishment for Coyotes violating combine rules
-docked a 1 and a 2

NHL Punishment for Blackhawks aiding a sexual predator
-2 million dollars
If the Blackhawks owners had a choice, would they have taken the docked two draft picks or give up $2 million? Maybe it's because I'm not a billionaire and am cynical about how cheap even billionaires are, but my bet would be on them taking the loss of draft picks. This is Dollar Bill's son after all.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Grrrrrr.....

That trade still pisses me off

Ottawa seems to have a knack for developing talent- by trading them!

I really enjoyed watching Mika, so damn fast and talented with the puck.
I got too many infractions so I can't like this post haha.

Yeah, you win some, you lose some.

The Rangers suck at developing forwards so I dunno if we're better in any regards, lol.

I low-key hate that I got into hockey for reals when Jagr played for the Rangers. He's the reason why I'm a Rangers fan.

Everyone always assume you're a Rangers fan due to Lundqvist when you're from Sweden.

Look at us. We traded Buchnevich for nothing... and it's not like his play with St.Louis came from nowhere, we knew he was that good.

But we prioritized Goodrow and Nemeth over him, lol.

We could've literally kept Buch at least for one more season and then we could've traded him for more than what we got.

I love Kreider but I would've rather traded him and re-signed Buchnevich.

Then you got us picking Hugh Jessiman in arguably the goat of drafts in '03.

Going off boards like crazy and picking McIlrath when both Fowler and Tarasenko were available.

Lias Andersson and Kravtsov drafted high due to one good playoffs was also short sighted. Especially Andersson, dude can't skate and the league is built on speed these days.

Nah, I f***ing hate my organization dude. I honestly believe we won't win the Cup for at least 30 more years. Shitty scouting mixed with short term thinking and an idiot owner = mediocrity.

We're still decent at drafting defensemen and goalies have always been something we've been good at drafting.

Reactions: DevilDog

ijuka

May 14, 2016
If the Blackhawks owners had a choice, would they have taken the docked two draft picks or give up $2 million? Maybe it's because I'm not a billionaire and am cynical about how cheap even billionaires are, but my bet would be on them taking the loss of draft picks. This is Dollar Bill's son after all.
Do you see them trading first round picks in order to get rid of 2 million of salary?

Reactions: Ghost Bear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad