GDT: 2023 Draft Lottery - 8PM ET - ESPN, Sportsnet, TVAS: Chicago #1, Anaheim #2, Columbus #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
You the one who seemed very concerned about class. Odd IMO considering the organization you’re cheerleading, but that’s your business I suppose.
Ok you do you.

No, it's just that MIntykov looked like an absolute superstar, plus he's got every physical advantage.

I was honestly surprised they took Korchinski over him at that draft. And their respective seasons I think warranted that reverse order.
Ok

Mickey Redmond

Oct 8, 2019
Your just a clown
*you’re
Perhaps almost as disgusting as the sexual assaults is the way people who were a part of the organization at the time and Chicago fans dismiss the severity of it all.

20/20 hindsight but they should have put rules in place to ensure the Hawks couldn't win it as a punishment. Rough night for the sport to see the scummiest rewarded the most.
Black eye on the sport for sure

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
Here’s a 107 page report for you to read:

There are also countless news articles and I have no idea how many threads discussing this on this very website for you to read to catch up. Or continue sticking your head in the sand and assuming that even though basically the entire organization knew about the issue that nobody mentioned anything to the ownership and/or that owners are not ultimately responsible for what happens in their organizations.
How about you just give me the Coles notes version of that 107 page report and countless threads.

You are the one who brought it up, I would think you alreasy know well enough if there was evidence if the owners were active participants in the cover up but yet for some reason you can't give a straightforward answer. All I'm seeing are assumptions and maybe that works for you, but I'm atheist for a reason- assumptions and taking it on faith don't work for me.

Mickey Redmond

Oct 8, 2019
I'm actually shocked by the Hawks fans on here obnoxiously playing the villain and trying to rub this in everyone's face (there are only 3 of them on the main boards thankfully).
Yeah it’s disgusting to see. I’d be too ashamed to call myself a Blackhawks fan after what they allowed to happen and the subsequent cover up

ichbinkanadier

Apr 22, 2023
Are you arguing that the owners of the team are not ultimately responsible for what happens with the team?

Rocky and Danny Wirtz are still there as Chairman and CEO of the franchise.

Who do you think was involved in the hiring of McDonough, Stan Bowman, and Cheveldayoff? Ownership ran an organization that clearly did not have policies and procedures in place, let alone a corporate culture where this sort of thing would be investigated when reported and not covered up.

When the accusation was first made it was almost certainly run over to legal and likely got to the CEO and Chairman.
Reasonable assumption, but just an assumption.

Was legal in fact contacted? If so, then even safer assumption to assume ownership knew.

Let me be clear: I'm not making an argument either way, I am asking a single question: was there any kind of evidence that ownership knew and actively participated in the cover up?

If they did, it won't end my indifference and force me to turn off the TV for NHL games. But interestingly, it hasn't caused any of you to boycott the NHL in protest of the perceived moral transgression.

Remember, the league has the power to kick out an owner (remember Donald Sterling?).

So the owners of your favourite team didn't see fit to kick out the Wirtzes. Are you equally outraged?

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
NJ Devils lost draft picks due to Kovalchuk's contract. Arizona lost draft picks for contacting players before the draft.

Chicago let's a child molester touch players and covers it up, gets fined $1M, lol.

Should've lost at least one 1 st round pick.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Reasonable assumption, but just an assumption.

Was legal in fact contacted? If so, then even safer assumption to assume ownership knew.

Let me be clear: I'm not making an argument either way, I am asking a single question: was there any kind of evidence that ownership knew and actively participated in the cover up?

If they did, it won't end my indifference and force me to turn off the TV for NHL games. But interestingly, it hasn't caused any of you to boycott the NHL in protest of the perceived moral transgression.

Remember, the league has the power to kick out an owner (remember Donald Sterling?).

So the owners of your favourite team didn't see fit to kick out the Wirtzes. Are you equally outraged?
so much whataboutism and diversion.

This is not the NBA. Do you have evidence the owners were even consulted about this? Or that they have the power to kick out an owner?

You are so clearly making an argument one way. No need to pretend you're just asking questions.

If the Chairman and CEO of an organization are not held accountable for the actions of the company, who is?

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
If you didn’t want the Hawks to get Bedard, that’s one thing. But if you actually believe the league rigged this, I have to believe you’re likely bottom 5% in intelligence for all of humanity.
We live in a corrupt world where money rules everything. And a original 6 team magically wins the pick when they need it the most.

The fact that the draw isn't live just proves they got something to hide.

I also believed they rigged the picks for Edmonton and for the Rangers.

Mathematically the way things went down with the two aforementioned teams smells fishy at best, and I'm a Rangers fan.

The NHL wants to maximize their returns. Having Bedard replacing Kane for an original 6 team helps a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: McRpro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad