2023 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Any overages you guys like, because you know, We probably going to get 2 of them
Here is my overage team:

LW -- Hannes Hellberg C -- Cole Knuble RW -- Nestor Noiva
LD -- Oskar Asplund RD -- Hudson Thornton (technically another LD)
G -- Cameron Korpi

Just for fun my 65 and over team

Juraj Pekarcik Carey Terrance Cam Squires

Paul Fischer Kaden Hammell
Hampton Slukynsky

Reactions: lilidk

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009

Bultman burns us in his first mock of the season. Has the Wings taking Leonard at 9 with Benson, Dvorsky, Yager and Barlow still on the board and then has them taking Simashev at 19 with Ritchie, Wood, and Cristall still available.

Dont like the Leonard pick with who was still there and hate the Simashev pick because we already have a million LHD prospects.

Top 10 was Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Smith, Reinbacher, Moore, Danielson, Leonard, Yager...

To his credit, he floats the idea of using our draft capital to move up from 19 to get someone like Barlow at 12...but even without trading, I feel like we could hit some homeruns with who was just sitting there. Want a high end C and then a gamble on skill? Dvorsky or Yager at 9 and Cristall at 19. Want high end skill and then a safer C? Benson at 9 and Ritchie at 19. Want size and goal scoring? Barlow at 9 and Wood at 19. Any of these combos would provide a chance at injecting something that is missing from the franchise.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Bultman burns us in his first mock of the season. Has the Wings taking Leonard at 9 with Benson, Dvorsky, Yager and Barlow still on the board and then has them taking Simashev at 19 with Ritchie, Wood, and Cristall still available.

Dont like the Leonard pick with who was still there and hate the Simashev pick because we already have a million LHD prospects.

Top 10 was Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Smith, Reinbacher, Moore, Danielson, Leonard, Yager...
Pfft... Bultman. How is Detroit going to pick Leonard at 9 when they're going to win the lottery and draft in the top 2? :D

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

To his credit, he floats the idea of using our draft capital to move up from 19 to get someone like Barlow at 12...but even without trading, I feel like we could hit some homeruns with who was just sitting there. Want a high end C and then a gamble on skill? Dvorsky or Yager at 9 and Cristall at 19. Want high end skill and then a safer C? Benson at 9 and Ritchie at 19. Want size and goal scoring? Barlow at 9 and Wood at 19. Any of these combos would provide a chance at injecting something that is missing from the franchise.
Ugh. I like Leonard, but I would be really upset at Simashev over Wood or Cristall.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018

Dang they got Danielson going that early. He's my favourite forward after the big 4.
Any overages you guys like, because you know, We probably going to get 2 of them
Dont know if he's draft eligible anymore but Wiktor Nilsson of Djurgardens plays like we thought Albin Grewe would.

Pesky Right hander who played about half his games this season at center with an eye for goal. Had a very similar season to Carter Mazur.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

Leonard is OK but if Benson were available I definitely wouldn't pass on him. Those other guys you list I'd take Leonard ahead of.

Simashev I just can't see us picking.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

Leonard is better than Barlow. Might be better than Yager and Dvorsky.

‘Skill’ is a lot more than a player’s toe drags per 60. You’re definitely underrating Leonard’s game.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Hope they draft Jayden Perron with the second first round pick, added bonus you can just give him David Perron's jersey when he retires
Perron and Perreault are my faves for the second puck if available. I guess Cristall above them if he falls.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Kucherov in his draft year wouldn't have struck me as an Yzerman pick.

We need high skill offense. Cristall provides that. Lots of warts, but he will produce.

Drouin. That's who he reminds me of. Warts and all.

I wouldn't pick him in the 1st, maybe a 2nd.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Updated list. This time I will go to 32. Lots of movement in my top 20 I posted before, mostly due to players rising and not falling. But is a guy who fell a lot simply due to the guys around him rising. Overall I think there are 19 guys in this draft that I would consider "top 10 picks" in most drafts. Really impressive.
Also, I've been really hard on Smith, but he's continued to increase my view of him. I'll stop being stubborn about him.

1. Connor BedardCRegina PatsWHL
2. Matvei MichkovRWHK SochiKHL
3. Adam FantilliCUniversity of MichiganB1G
4. Leo CarlssonC/LWOrebro HKSHL
5. Zach BensonLWWinnipeg IceWHL
6. Andrew CristallLWKelowna RocketsWHL
7. Will SmithC/RWUSNTDPUSHL
8. Oliver MooreCUSNTDPUSHL
9. David ReinbacherDEHC KlotenNL
10. Nate DanielsonCBrandon Wheat KingsWHL
11. Colby BarlowLWOwen Sound AttackOHL
12. Ryan LeonardC/RWUSNTDPUSHL
13. Eduard SaleLWHC Kometa BrnoCzechia
14. Samuel HonzekC/LWVancouver GiantsWHL
15. Gavin BrindleyC/RWUniversity of MichiganB1G
16. Riley HeidtC/LWPrince George CougarsWHL
17. Dalibor DvorskyCAIKHockey Allsvenskan
18. Daniil ButLWLoko-76 YaroslavlMHL
19. Jayden PerronRWChicago SteelUSHL
20. Gabe PerreaultLWUSNTDPUSHL
21. Quentin MustyLWSudbury WolvesOHL
22. Koehn ZiemmerRWPrince George CougarsWHL
23. Brayden YagerCMoose Jaw WarriorsWHL
24. Dmitri SimashevDLokomotiv YaroslavlKHL
25. Oscar Fisker MolgaardLWHV71SHL
26. Matthew WoodCUCONNHockey East
27. Felix NilssonC/LWRogle BKSHL
28. Otto StenbergC/LWFrolunda HCSHL
29. David EdstromCFrolunda HCSHL
30. Mikhail GulyayevDOmskie YastrebyMHL
31. Tanner MolendykDSaskatoon BladesWHL
32. Timur MukhanovC/RWOmskie KryliaVHL
Really grew on Sale and Yager since my last list. But fell a bit. Perron and Perreault rise a little. Honzek falls just a little bit. Some shuffling in my bottom third of the 1st. Nilsson, Tenberg, Edstrom, Gulyayev, and Muhkanov are at the top of my 2nd round now.
Screenshot_20230330_181727_Sheets.jpg

Drouin. That's who he reminds me of. Warts and all.

I wouldn't pick him in the 1st, maybe a 2nd.
I think he'll be somewhere in between. I'm willing to roll the dice on him pretty high.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Really grew on Sale and Yager since my last list. But fell a bit. Perron and Perreault rise a little. Honzek falls just a little bit. Some shuffling in my bottom third of the 1st. Nilsson, Tenberg, Edstrom, Gulyayev, and Muhkanov are at the top of my 2nd round now.View attachment 678657

I think he'll be somewhere in between. I'm willing to roll the dice on him pretty high.
I get it. I personally, would not.

Reactions: lilidk

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Really grew on Sale and Yager since my last list. But fell a bit. Perron and Perreault rise a little. Honzek falls just a little bit. Some shuffling in my bottom third of the 1st. Nilsson, Tenberg, Edstrom, Gulyayev, and Muhkanov are at the top of my 2nd round now.View attachment 678657

Forgot to mention I slid Fantilli above Michkov. He's really impressed me in the NCAA tournament.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
My mock, for Detroit.

Too early for more than 2 rounds.

1st: Barlow
1st: Brindley
2nd: Kantserov
2nd: Allen
2nd: Cataford

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
Leonard is OK but if Benson were available I definitely wouldn't pass on him. Those other guys you list I'd take Leonard ahead of.

agreed. if benson was still on the board, i'd be pretty miffed if we passed on him. i have nothing against leonard and would pick him over the rest of the options there, but benson is a top five name in the draft for me.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad