2023 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Just look who Yzerman drafted in the first round. With exception of Raymond it's big guys , who are playing physical , fast on your face game. We should continue drafting that same way . Don't expect we are going to draft guys like Cristal , Brindle or Pellikka

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I’ve gotten to the point where I would be excited if we got Barlow with our top pick.
Me too. But I’d be pretty disappointed if we drafted yet another winger in the first after Barlow , and it was a 5’9” one.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
who hurt you Frk it
How much time you got?

Kids gonna score 50 in the OHL and has one of the best shots in the draft and did well in the skating drills at the top prospects game.

What more do you need Mr Barry?

Cristall doesn't strike me as an Yzerman type pick.

Very talented, but lacks everything else.
For as much as he seems to be a size queen with defenseman he has had a bunch of small forwards during his tenure as GM.

Reactions: Realgud

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Never seen him playing, but he is both forward and Defansman with decent size and could be available at the beginning of second

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Eduard Sale doesn't have contract for next year, EP says he has a "junior" contract with Brno. If Red Wings would pick him, i think they would sign him and then loan him to Sweden. Sale did have a short visit to Finland but Red Wings org prefers Sweden, so the nordic countrys ain't unfamiliar for Sale and there's a spot opening in Rögle ;)

Intresting little detail, bit more control over the developmental route. Of course official contract with Brno would not stop Yzerman but since he's a gentleman, i wouldn't believe that Yzerman would pry away Sale from Brno. Obviously extra year in Sweden would be better than extra year in Czechia.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Never seen him playing, but he is both forward and Defansman with decent size and could be available at the beginning of second
I like him. After the big 4, he's my fav along with Cerrato and Minnetian from the USNTDP. Had no idea he played defense though, only saw him playing forward.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
For as much as he seems to be a size queen with defenseman he has had a bunch of small forwards during his tenure as GM.

I don't disagree.

I don't think his compete and defensive play will be good enough.

Just look who Yzerman drafted in the first round. With exception of Raymond it's big guys , who are playing physical , fast on your face game. We should continue drafting that same way . Don't expect we are going to draft guys like Cristal , Brindle or Pellikka

Brindley's got two outta three.

And two outta three ain't bad.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

Christien

May 1, 2010
Any of you guys in here like Benson? I like what I've heard about him, I just haven't been able to catch any of his games.

Reactions: Realgud

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Any of you guys in here like Benson? I like what I've heard about him, I just haven't been able to catch any of his games.
Absolutely. Just havent felt he would be available at Detroit's pick. He's small but ridiculously intelligent and skilled, and not afraid to take a hit to make a play. Not a huge burner, but very slippery. If he's there, I want him.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Simply out of rich. If we win lottery, should be Bedard or Fantilli, if we don't he will be gone before our pick

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

Compares well to Cole Perfetti as a prospect. C/W in the WHL, projects more as a winger in pro.

I liked him better than Savoie and Geekie on Winnipeg when I saw them this season. If he’s available at 8-9-10 because there were some other surprises? I guess that depends on who else is around, but lean towards yes.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
Anyone know anything about Charlie Stramel? He is a right shot center playing at Wisconsin. He is already 6’3 216?pounds. Supposedly he skates well. This is according to the hockey writers. Thanks

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Anyone know anything about Charlie Stramel? He is a right shot center playing at Wisconsin. He is already 6’3 216?pounds. Supposedly he skates well. This is according to the hockey writers. Thanks
Meh. I don't see him being anything more than a 3rd line guy.

Reactions: wings95

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I like him. There's a lot of potential with him. At his best, he shows excellent promise but the issue is that he is quite inconsistent for now. Sometimes he skates and handles the puck really well and other times he looks slow with not so great hands. Sometimes he's very physical, and some other times he's quite passive.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Maybe get him with one of the seconds if he is still there? Big, supposedly can skate, right shot, why not take a chance?

He won’t be. I’d guarantee he’s a mid-late 1st.

The kid reminds me a lot of Charlie Coyle. I see his skill and keep wanting more because he can flash strong abilities on the puck and will make a play that makes you think he’ll be top 6, but then he’ll disappear for the rest of the game and fall into a checking only role.

But…his size/skating combo makes him just about a guaranteed NHLer.

Reactions: wings95 and Realgud

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Got Detroit in a mock on the mock draft board.

Any suggestions? Late round picks? Sleepers?

EDIT: 3 2nds in a row.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Wrap it up....impossible for this to happen, but we can dream!

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    254.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Reddwit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad