2023 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Are we not all on the same page that this team is about three wingers away from a quality top six?

Tie breaker will always go to the center of course, but this team needs goals from anywhere on the ice.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Trade the Isles and Boston first rounders for Clayton Keller.
I think this is something along the lines of what will happen. There were rumblings before the deadline that Petterson wanted out of Vancouver. Yzerman would be all over that, and Detroit is probably one of the only teams that would be able to give up 2 firsts and good young players (Rasmussen, Wallinder etc). Keller is another name that has popped up here and there the last few years. Devils may need to make a decision on Bratt if they want to keep Meier. There are some good young names that could become available that could really patch some major holes.

Reactions: DamonDRW

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Hypothetical, would you guys give a yay or nay to trading the whole enchilada (our 1st, Isles 1st, Boston's 1st next year or 2 of our 2nds this year) and a decent level prospect (think Soderblom/ Hanas/ Buium level) to trade up to #3 for Leo Carlsson? We have a ton of depth in the system and if someone like say the Sharks or Flyers end up there, they are two teams with desperate need of draft capital to restock their systems from top to bottom. Whereas the Wings are a little more desperate for that high end talent. I feel like they have the ammo to do it, while still having a normal draft with at least 1 pick in each round.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hypothetical, would you guys give a yay or nay to trading the whole enchilada (our 1st, Isles 1st, Boston's 1st next year or 2 of our 2nds this year) and a decent level prospect (think Soderblom/ Hanas/ Buium level) to trade up to #3 for Leo Carlsson? We have a ton of depth in the system and if someone like say the Sharks or Flyers end up there, they are two teams with desperate need of draft capital to restock their systems from top to bottom. Whereas the Wings are a little more desperate for that high end talent. I feel like they have the ammo to do it, while still having a normal draft with at least 1 pick in each round.
If you are asking me if I would trade both of our 1sts and Buium for a pick that would get me Leo Carlsson… my answer would be easily yes.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Yes. Hypothetically.

In reality, no team trades a pick that will land them Carlsson.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
If you are asking me if I would trade both of our 1sts and Buium for a pick that would get me Leo Carlsson… my answer would be easily yes.
Both 1sts, 2 of the 3 2nds, and Soderblom? Im talking that level of package....which I think is arguably worth the 3rd overall to certain teams. I think we'd be harder pressed if it was say Montreal, Chicago, Columbus, or AZ sitting there, but with the right team with the need for completely revamping their system....I think it would be possible. Or am I way out to lunch?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Both 1sts, 2 of the 3 2nds, and Soderblom? Im talking that level of package....which I think is arguably worth the 3rd overall to certain teams. I think we'd be harder pressed if it was say Montreal, Chicago, Columbus, or AZ sitting there, but with the right team with the need for completely revamping their system....I think it would be possible. Or am I way out to lunch?
I don't think they do it. I am not calling it a shit stacking offer, but they need elite talent and you are far more likely to get that at 3 or 4 in the draft than to spread and play the field.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think the purpose of throwing Kasper in at center is to see how badly this team needs a scoring line center. If he acquits himself well, they might take a winger or defenseman with the first pick.

If he has a hard time, they might try to trade up.
<10 games of someone at 18/19 years old is going to determine your draft strategy?

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I think the purpose of throwing Kasper in at center is to see how badly this team needs a scoring line center. If he acquits himself well, they might take a winger or defenseman with the first pick.

If he has a hard time, they might try to trade up.

Or, draft a center anyway. See how it all shakes out. Kasper can play wing.

And, most centers can adapt to the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad