2023 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Anyone know anything about Charlie Stramel? He is a right shot center playing at Wisconsin. He is already 6’3 216?pounds. Supposedly he skates well. This is according to the hockey writers. Thanks.
We could get him with our second first. Big guy, good hockey IQ , play physical game

Reactions: wings95

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Anyone know anything about Charlie Stramel? He is a right shot center playing at Wisconsin. He is already 6’3 216?pounds. Supposedly he skates well. This is according to the hockey writers. Thanks.
We could get him with our second first. Big guy, good hockey IQ , play physical game
Got Detroit in a mock on the mock draft board.

Any suggestions? Late round picks? Sleepers?

EDIT: 3 2nds in a row.
Dragicevic, But, Sawchyn ,Molgard,

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
My late round favourites are Elias Zimmerman, Jacob Stancil, Anton Olssen, Donovan McCoy, and Carey Terrance.
I like Terrance as a late round guy. Another guy that caught my eyes as a mid round guy is Mathieu Cataford. I know the Q stinks but I like the skill I've seen.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
This draft is all over the place. Pronman has Danielson at #6. EliteProspects has him at #26. And just a few months before the draft.

Players that Pronman is way off the consensus are generally players that he’s way wrong about. In a lot of ways he has biases similar to Scouching with a heavy emphasis on flashy puck play over technical/fundamental prowess and overall effectiveness.

That said, I like what I’ve seen from Danielsson but #6? That’s a bit rich.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
Players that Pronman is way off the consensus are generally players that he’s way wrong about. In a lot of ways he has biases similar to Scouching with a heavy emphasis on flashy puck play over technical/fundamental prowess and overall effectiveness.

That said, I like what I’ve seen from Danielsson but #6? That’s a bit rich.
i have danielson around 15

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
It’s weird to me everyone on here likes Leonard but not Danielson. I think Danielson is a better version of Leonard that is more likely to play down the middle.
I don't see the same level of goal scoring from Danielson as Leonard. Leonard is also more physical and better at puck battles. Their skating is close, and I'm no expert in evaluating skating.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't see the same level of goal scoring from Danielson as Leonard. Leonard is also more physical and better at puck battles. Their skating is close, and I'm no expert in evaluating skating.
I think they bring similar qualities and have a similar projection. Maybe Leonard is a better scorer? I don’t know. A lot of it I would say is close, but Danielson is 2 inches bigger and has been playing center all year.

I don’t see why people on here don’t at least view them similarly, but people don’t really seem to like CHL prospects on this board too much I guess.

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
I think they bring similar qualities and have a similar projection. Maybe Leonard is a better scorer? I don’t know. A lot of it I would say is close, but Danielson is 2 inches bigger and has been playing center all year.

I don’t see why people on here don’t at least view them similarly, but people don’t really seem to like CHL prospects on this board too much I guess.
probably because of the production. Leonard flirting with 2 ppg. Ya he’s on a stacked line and so it’s hard to say what danielson would do if they were to switch places

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
probably because of the production. Leonard flirting with 2 ppg. Ya he’s on a stacked line and so it’s hard to say what danielson would do if they were to switch places
Lol but this board doesn’t like the leading scorer from that team or Smith…

Can’t figure it out :dunno:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
It’s weird to me everyone on here likes Leonard but not Danielson. I think Danielson is a better version of Leonard that is more likely to play down the middle.

Nobody has outright said they don’t like Danielson. But in a side by side I think that Leonard is just better in all facets. I’m less worried about Danielson potentially sticking at center.

if Leonard was our guy and he goes bye bye before our pick I’m more inclined to look harder at Danielson.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Nobody has outright said they don’t like Danielson. But in a side by side I think that Leonard is just better in all facets. I’m less worried about Danielson potentially sticking at center.

if Leonard was our guy and he goes bye bye before our pick I’m more inclined to look harder at Danielson.
Fair, there just has been like no chatter on him… and I see him as a good fit for us if he is there with the second pick.

Most of the consensus has Leonard higher, so I get it. Personally I think they both are well rounded forwards who could be really good complementary players on a line.

I like Danielson and Ziemmer as fits for us a lot.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Lol but this board doesn’t like the leading scorer from that team or Smith…

Can’t figure it out :dunno:
We're all biased towards the "Yzerman picks." To be fair those picks have worked out damn well. I wouldn't mind seeing an injection of offense focused guys though.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
1680527185859.png

Y'all got any more of those Kasper's?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I think Leonard may have a bit more skill and jam but I do think they are of the same general quality. I don't feel compelled to draft a center in the first round but would be totally fine with Danielson. Both are on my list.

If Draper think that he is the guy ,he wants, he will add second and trades up
He could, but the numbers suggest we should just make all three of those 2nd round picks if we don't move them for established players.

Reactions: wings95 and lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
When I saw Danielson highlights get impressions

But Danielson is almost 2022 draft and you know Yzerman likes to pick those kind prospects. Most important it depends what kind of interviews they have because they all looks good, but you need to get right personality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad