Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Have to think Augustine and Fowler will battle it out for the starting job at the WJC this year? That should be fun.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Have to think Augustine and Fowler will battle it out for the starting job at the WJC this year? That should be fun.

Augustine will get the net, Fowler should back him up but as we've seen in the WJC.. all it takes is one bad game and for Fowler to come in and he could be the big game goalie.

Would put it at a good percentage. Augustine isn't as good as Fowler, imo.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Augustine will get the net, Fowler should back him up but as we've seen in the WJC.. all it takes is one bad game and for Fowler to come in and he could be the big game goalie.

Would put it at a good percentage. Augustine isn't as good as Fowler, imo.
He won't play at 220, will he? I assume that he will slim down to 205 or 210? Would you leave him as heavy as this, or get him to shed some of the weight?

Reactions: bsl

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
He's gotta drop some weight.. He should be playing around 200.

Back in time, I was wondering if we could bring Yokozuna as agoalie in NHL and sat him to cover the holes and job is done... but seriously, he seems to doing great with what he has now. I wouldnt mind if it leads to an hybrid project. We could call that Jay Missian 2.0

WentWughes

Apr 16, 2023
His interview blew me away, super mature and articulate. Seems like a goalie that was ranked lower due to maybe having less tools like size and athleticism but his resume looks amazing and looks like he is just great at stopping pucks without any flash. I look forward to following his progress in college, he very well may be a very good one. My fav goalie prospect we drafted in over a decade.

Last edited:

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
He's gotta drop some weight.. He should be playing around 200.
I don’t think it’s so much as dropping weight, he will probably play at 225 like Price. It’s just a matter of losing the bad weight and replacing it with good if that makes sense. That will all come with maturing and becoming a pro, something he will achieve in time

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mister Hab

Nov 21, 2018
Wow! Just saw 3min of his interview (there's more), and...I was already really really impressed with his maturity/answers. He already talks like a mature/smart 25 yr-old!! ("confident but not cocky"...I love it!!). Jacob compares his style/game to a Calbot/Oettinger/C.Anderson....nothing sexy...just-stop-the-puck type of goalie (simple style..basically get the job done...stop the puck without being all over the place).

Really really liking Jacob Fowler.
Talks like a winner. Smiles like a winner!

Fowler and Dobes...the future of Habs' goaltending?
Could very well be.

Go Fowler Go!! (let's hope for proper development...no rush ; developing properly..."overcooking is better than under-cooking!" in his own words!).
Go Habs Go!!

Last edited:

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
His interview blew me away, super mature and articulate. Seems like a goalie that was ranked lower due to maybe having less tools like size and athleticism but his resume looks amazing and looks like he is just great at stopping pucks without any flash. I look forward to following his progress in college, he very well may be a very good one. My fav goalie prospect we drafted in over a decade.
Some teams don't even draft goalies who are under 6'2, the current trend is to take the biggest goalies

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
His face/voice/smile If you told me he's Cole's brother I would believe it.

1504391940.jpg

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

A lot to like here, I love his stance and he's really good finding his edges quickly and getting on top of the puck in tight scrambles. Skating is really promising already.

Very calm in the net and doesn't overreact even when he fails to contain the initial rebound.

I've been hyped on this kid since his USHL year last year. Round 3 is such excellent value.

My prediction? Augustine gets the net at WJC but after a shaky performance against a good nation, Fowler gets the net and doesn't give it back.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
A lot to like here, I love his stance and he's really good finding his edges quickly and getting on top of the puck in tight scrambles. Skating is really promising already.

Very calm in the net and doesn't overreact even when he fails to contain the initial rebound.

I've been hyped on this kid since his USHL year last year. Round 3 is such excellent value.

My prediction? Augustine gets the net at WJC but after a shaky performance against a good nation, Fowler gets the net and doesn't give it back.

later today I am going to put out a Fowler vs Croteau vid from the season opener. I've never seen Croteau play so I'm looking forward to it since I should get just about all his games at Clarkson next season.

With Fowler though do you worry about his height? He kind of reminds me of McNiven when he was 17/18 in terms of height only in net not playing style of course.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
later today I am going to put out a Fowler vs Croteau vid from the season opener. I've never seen Croteau play so I'm looking forward to it since I should get just about all his games at Clarkson next season.

With Fowler though do you worry about his height? He kind of reminds me of McNiven when he was 17/18 in terms of height only in net not playing style of course.

It all comes down to skating, that's what makes Saros so good at his height. But the early signs are encouraging on that front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad