Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Career SV% is the best predictor of success for a draft eligible goalie.

And his stats are the best of the draft.

1688054553767.png

No issues here.

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
Good use of the 3rd round dart it appears. Stats are very solid and the team he was on had a 27-9-3 record. Wondering if that is a result of the group in front of him or was he one of the reasons (via Price kind of thing). Or a combo of the two.

Committed to Boston College next year. Who else is projected to play net for them?
He'll be the #1. The starter and backup from last year is gone, and he's ahead of the other freshman goalie (Jan Korec) coming in

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He'll be the #1. The starter and backup from last year is gone, and he's ahead of the other freshman goalie coming in

Nice. Boston College usually knows what they are doing right? Good track record?

Maybe for every Primeau, Dobes, Fowler, we hit on one. There are not many goalies in the NHL that stay top 10 level for 5+ years.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The most important position in all of hockey is the goalie position. That is a fact that often is proven to be true time and time again, especially in the playoff. In the USHL yet another example was made this past season as Jacob Fowler emerged as the hero in Youngstown Phantoms’ first-ever championship.

The 6-foot-2 goaltender had a wonderful season, where he at times seemed unbeatable. In the regular season, he posted a .921 save percentage in 40 games played. A stat line he followed up with a .952 save percentage in nine playoff games.

Jul 6, 2016
6'1"... I thought size was everything with goalies....

According to who? Imo in that list only Hrabal should be higher thab fowler.
Accrding to every scouts and lists.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I don’t spend a whole lot of time watching the goalies, but am a goalie myself so will share my thoughts on Fowler.

From a pedigree perspective, I love that he elevated his game when it mattered most and was a big part of his team winning their chip.

From a traits perspective, I think 6’1” is big enough if everything else checks out. The things the stand out about Fowler to me is that he always seems square, looks wide if not tall in the net, is highly competitive (which is very important in a goalie), and is surprisingly explosive in his movements despite being a little thick.

Will be interesting to see if he sacrifices some girth for athleticism and if that helps him or hurts him. Definitely has G1 upside even if he’s not one of those 6’4+ monsters that everyone wants now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad