Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I often struggle on how much weight to put on a goalie's Save percentage in leagues I don't follow closely, but, It is nice to see he VERY clearly outplayed the other goalie on his team. That perhaps bodes well.

I like adding another higher-end goalie prospect to the pool, but i'm still hitching my wagon to one, Jakub Dobes <3

1688058645894.png

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Sound like an awesome pick. He has family in Quebec and I believe his grandfather is in Montreal.
He loves the pressure and wants to be well cooked before making the jump to the big show.
Welcome to the team Jacob :hyper:

He really is a big boy. Probably just naturally heavy. Get him on a workout plan stat.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Awesome pick. The goalie I wanted
Did you want him more than the 5 who went ahead of him?

I'm one of the people who had him as the second best goalie in the draft, so I'm real happy with this one ! Great value at that spot.
From your lips to God’s ears….you sound knowledgeable enough…I’m backing you all the way.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I've liked Fowler most of the year as a late 2nd type of player but when I saw him, mask off, the first thing I thought off was my username. Here's to fixing that

Reactions: Pointed Finger

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What I don't like, is that he will be playing with a stacked team. Hard to really gain experience when you don't really get challenged.
I don't know about stacked, BC had a disappointing season last year, of course that Freshman class is sick but the defense last year was not very good if I recall correctly (I only saw them when playing BU I believe)

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Press : What do you think about the pressure in Montreal?

Fowler : It's a big hockey town, with pressure comes pride and I want to be a part of that.

My oh my, I love this kid already. Might be the best response so far to that question that I can recall.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Career SV% is the best predictor of success for a draft eligible goalie.

And his stats are the best of the draft.

View attachment 723488

No issues here.

Honestly, the 3 goalies they took, as we can debate they took a few too many, all have good stats so far at each level they played in.

"With pressure comes pride". I like this kid.

His interview was real impressive. Not shy and is articulate.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Good value pick there. From all the big names around, Fowler had as good as a year any goalie can hope to have.

Great attitude and mindset on the kid. I don’t know if I would have selected three goalies, but all of them individually have some good attributes.

As others pointed out, I feel it’s important for a goaltender to have good stats over the years in whatever league they play in. It shows consistency and lays out the ground for higher pedigree.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Love the pick, actually all year liked him. But dont know or just didnt pay attention at the time. Obviously Augustine is the better G prospects. But in regards to US camp was Fowler there?/Considered? Was Augustine just that far ahead at the time or what

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad