Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It was reported they did try to move up to get Hutson but couldn't find a partner.

I do not recall anything coming from Habs management about this......sounds more like confirmation bias derived from the heaps of baseless rhetoric that plagues these boards.

Not saying that you are making it up but I suspect that you are conflating board mythology with the facts.

Maybe I am wrong but I would need to see a link (not implying that you are under investigation lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaladin

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Announcer (enough with the nicknames dude) said he thought Fowler was a better goalie prospect than Knight. They were drafted way differently but I do like Fowler more than I liked Knight.

He also said he would be a 1st round pick, so I like that they got a guy with possible 1st round talent at 69th. In 3 games so far i've been impressed for sure. I will get to see a ton of him at BC though, very interested to see how it goes. Glad he'll have the same goalie coach that Knight and Demko had.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I keep being impressed by his movement control and how well he squares up to the shooter. You rarely see him end up outside of his paint.

That was what impressed me the most when I would see clips of him. He was square to the puck and made it look like routine saves. That was a quality Price had. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it was effective.

That's why Fowler and Hrabal were two goalies I wanted. And I was willing to use the 37th OA on one of them. Luckily, Fowler was still there after they traded away the 37th.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The Habs best value pick, he doesn’t have great size so he drop on most list because that might limit is potential but he definitely a top 5 goalie in the draft and right now he might be the best goalie

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Posted this in the out-of-town thread, they follow 5 guys including Fowler.

Soooooo.......the Elephant in the room would definitely be Oliver Moore, it is very obvious why he didn't go earlier. Bedard looked like he couldn't get away from him quick enough lol.

Super nice kid but.....

Jul 6, 2016
Hopefully, Fowler will be as good (or better) than any of the 5 goalies drafted in the second round while Habs had no pick left (traded for Newhook).

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Hopefully, Fowler will be as good (or better) than any of the 5 goalies drafted in the second round while Habs had no pick left (traded for Newhook).
Fowler was their guy anyway, pretty sure.

Posted this in the out-of-town thread, they follow 5 guys including Fowler.

Him and his family were so happy that he was picked by the habs. Great to see.

Reactions: jrom and Redux91

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fowler's season starts Oct 7th vs Quinnipiac. Interesting that at least for now he won't miss possibly any games to the WJC's as of now the schedule has BC playing on Dec 9th vs Providence and then not again until Jan 12th.

he'll face,

Sam Harris - 10-21
Hutson/Tuch - 1-26/27
Hutson/Tuch - 2-5 (Bean Pot)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad