Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Look at Primeau numbers as 18 year old at Northeastern though? Similar numbers to Fowler. Goalies you just can't tell.
Primeau was drafted in the 7th for a reason. Fowler was drafted higher because they saw a lot more in him. Yes, you just never know. You need to have the right people who can see all the intangibles as well as the potential.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Fowler is leading all rookies in goaltending stats in the NCAA as well as being close to the top in most categories, regardless of status.

Oh, and i'll just leave this here:

Jacob Fowler - 9 W 2L 1T - .926 SV PCT 2.14 GAA
Michael Hrabel - 6 W 2L 1T - .916 SV PCT 2.45 GAA
Trey Augustine - 9 W 2L 1T - .913 SV PCT 2.99 GAA

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Fowler is leading all rookies in goaltending stats in the NCAA as well as being close to the top in most categories, regardless of status.

Good stats for all of them and I won't be shocked if Hrabal ends up the best but I'll definitely stick with my analysis that Fowler will be better than Augustine

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he's helped by his team as they are one of the top teams in the NCAA in blocking shots. Take a look at how many more shots Augustine has had to face vs Fowler in similar mins. He's been great though, very impressive as the kid just wins.

Reactions: FrankMTL

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Good stats for all of them and I won't be shocked if Hrabal ends up the best but I'll definitely stick with my analysis that Fowler will be better than Augustine
It was so important to get at least *one* of these guys god
It's even more incredible we were able to get Fowler at all as the 6th goaltender taken when he may end up top2 or top3 from the bunch

The Miller-Volohkin insurance picks don't seem too bad either

Feels like the HuGo team draft really well... outside of the 1st round lol(for now)

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
It was so important to get at least *one* of these guys god
It's even more incredible we were able to get Fowler at all as the 6th goaltender taken when he may end up top2 or top3 from the bunch

The Miller-Volohkin insurance picks don't seem too bad either

Feels like the HuGo team draft really well... outside of the 1st round lol(for now)
Hopefully he is the BEST. Give us another stud plz

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Man.. could he be.. The One..?
aca3085b-2a3c-46b9-b59b-b9b99736005f_screenshot.jpg

I'm just a stat watcher when it comes to prospects.

Hopefully he is the one, but he wouldn't be the first to have outstanding numbers at a lower level who couldn't crack the nhl.

If I recall, Yann Danis is one example of a habs pick with excellent college numbers that couldn't quite translate it to the nhl level.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm just a stat watcher when it comes to prospects.

Hopefully he is the one, but he wouldn't be the first to have outstanding numbers at a lower level who couldn't crack the nhl.

If I recall, Yann Danis is one example of a habs pick with excellent college numbers that couldn't quite translate it to the nhl level.
Primeau had lights out numbers in college as well.

Reactions: Redux91

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I never understood why goalies continue to be attributed wins and losses when it’s evidently a team-derived stat.

I much prefer metrics that measure or attempt to isolate individual performance as much as possible.

Wins might just be the function of a stacked team or just as losses may be the product of the reverse.

Reactions: morhilane

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I never understood why goalies continue to be attributed wins and losses when it’s evidently a team-derived stat.

I much prefer metrics that measure or attempt to isolate individual performance as much as possible.

Wins might just be the function of a stacked team or just as losses may be the product of the reverse.
But you can also twist that as well to sv pct% and GAA better defensive teams will provide less high danger shots. The best way to measure goalies is sv% above avg in high danger areas I’d say

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
But you can also twist that as well to sv pct% and GAA better defensive teams will provide less high danger shots. The best way to measure goalies is sv% above avg in high danger areas I’d say
Having the stats for every shot quality/range actually, some goalies are good up close, but bad at the other ranges. Moneypuck has it for the NHL, but I don't think it exist for the NCAA. At least, not to the public.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
After today Fowler is now 10-2-1

2.05 GAA
.930 save %
I guess stat watching works sometimes. That was literally the scouts entire argument in the draft video, 'kid has never not had the best stats in every league he's been in.'

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I guess stat watching works sometimes. That was literally the scouts entire argument in the draft video, 'kid has never not had the best stats in every league he's been in.'
It kind of fits with Fowler though. Hockey sense is typically overlooked for goalies. Teams want size and athleticism in net, thinking they can work on positioning. Fowler already positions and tracks pucks at an elite level, so the fact that it works (stats) is just a testament to his actual quality.

Reactions: abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad