Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fowler much ahead of Dobes in my books. Fowler is so composed while Dobes is not. Really excited to see how Fowler evolves. We might finally have the right one to follow Price.

his numbers are insane to start while being on the youngest team in the entire NCAA. But tonight will be a big test as DU is ranked 2nd OA so far in the early going so that will be a fun game to see the 2 Hab prospects face each other.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
his numbers are insane to start while being on the youngest team in the entire NCAA. But tonight will be a big test as DU is ranked 2nd OA so far in the early going so that will be a fun game to see the 2 Hab prospects face each other.

You gonna video package that one?

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Looking thru Hockeydb today, Fowler has 938% and 1.30 in 3 games for Boston College. Pretty good

More than stats Fowler has looked VERY impressive out there for BC. On a team that recently graduated a lot of its seniors, I actually think he has looked better in nets than his stats even indicate at a glance.

I mean, you can see the high level of athleticism and reflexes that Fowler has from the quickness of his lateral movements, and where scrambles ensue. But what has impressed me the most is how square to the shooter Jacob Fowler always seems to be, giving them impressively few uncovered spaces to shoot at, and how little unneeded movements there is to his game right now.

I had seen a couple USHL full-game videos of his starts from last season post-draft, and in those Fowler was good technically in nets but there were some moments where he definitely exhibited a more "chaotic" form than he does so far in the NCAA.

So yeah, there is definite progress there, and it's great to see. Fowler also looks much more poised in nets this season than he did last year, I like his lateral movements more as they are crisper and more in-control, and he just seems very confident out there.

Fowler's path to the NHL is still a long, and winding one given the very nature of the goaltending position. But so far he's looking absolutely stunning as a prospect and I hope he continues on that trend.

Reactions: montreal

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
More than stats Fowler has looked VERY impressive out there for BC. On a team that recently graduated a lot of its seniors, I actually think he has looked better in nets than his stats even indicate at a glance.

I mean, you can see the high level of athleticism and reflexes that Fowler has from the quickness of his lateral movements, and where scrambles ensue. But what has impressed me the most is how square to the shooter Jacob Fowler always seems to be, giving them impressively few uncovered spaces to shoot at, and how little unneeded movements there is to his game right now.

I had seen a couple USHL full-game videos of his starts from last season post-draft, and in those Fowler was good technically in nets but there were some moments where he definitely exhibited a more "chaotic" form than he does so far in the NCAA.

So yeah, there is definite progress there, and it's great to see. Fowler also looks much more poised in nets this season than he did last year, I like his lateral movements more as they are crisper and more in-control, and he just seems very confident out there.

Fowler's path to the NHL is still a long, and winding one given the very nature of the goaltending position. But so far he's looking absolutely stunning as a prospect and I hope he continues on that trend.
Look at Primeau numbers as 18 year old at Northeastern though? Similar numbers to Fowler. Goalies you just can't tell.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Hrabal his .920 SV % still exist.

But it's good to here that Fowler is playing well. Why does he have a .897 SV % then?

He's at .919 now

1698467126105.png

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Hrabal his .920 SV % still exist.

But it's good to here that Fowler is playing well. Why does he have a .897 SV % then?

If only there was a way to see stats before hockey db updated them, or better yet, if only there was a way to actually watch hockey on the computer in 2023 so we didn't get caught making obviously not fact based posts.

Reactions: Redux91 and Morgoth

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Happy to hear!

If only there was a way to see stats before hockey db updated them, or better yet, if only there was a way to actually watch hockey on the computer in 2023 so we didn't get caught making obviously not fact based posts.
I asked a question, didn't make a statement. I'm not pretending to watch his games, was just asking why his stats didn't reflect his play which I gathered from reading the thread was good.

Thanks for the snarky remark though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad